Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Connections to the SUPERMAN mythos you want to see in the Legion! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Connections to the SUPERMAN mythos you want to see in the Legion!
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[Confused]

You know you're a born-again fanboy girlperson when you hear two different people mention "hypertime" on two different boards in the same 24-hour span of time.

[sigh]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
Please, no. Imagine a new reader having to figure out this stuff. The pocket universe's time has passed; we already have enough old history back from the regular universe that using it doesn't give us enough more old history to make up for the trouble it causes.
Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
By the way, where did DC say that Hypertime exists again (or at least mention Hypertime recently)?
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm one of those who'd like to keep 21st century DCU elements as FAR AWAY from the Legion as possible but given the book's history with the Superman franchise I'm willing to make a few exceptions here.

* Pete Ross - definitely! Big Pete fan here. I don't think it will happen with the way post-Crisis writers have completely neutered this character but it would be nice if it did.

* Insect Queen - post-Crisis Lana has been a whiny, spineless shrew IMO so I'd love to see her pre-Crisis spunky, assertive, magic-ring wearing self brought back into continuity. Failing that, someone else in the role would be good a la the Reboot.

* Krypto - an appearance by him every now and then would be good I think. (Ditto the rest of the Pets.)

* Superboy (Clark Kent) - I'm happy to see this character back in continuity and hope to see more of him every now and then (though definitely not at the expense of the rest of the team like in the old days - we already have enough panel hogs <cough> Querl <cough> Imra).

Things I would definitely NOT like to see in Legion continuity -

* Laurel Kent - sorry to her fans but I always hated her. I really don't like descendants of 21st Century characters popping up in the Legion's world (see also my dislike of Oli3-Queen and that Batman detective descendant) and feel it ties down the writers of those 21st C characters.

* Any and all 21st C villains - Nothing can suck as much as Ra's al Ghul versus the Legion IMO and I'd hate to see any other Legion writers try to top that. The Legion has a plethora of fantastic villains (so good that that writers keep stealing them for their 21st C books, see - Mordru, the Fatal Five, the Sun Eater, the Dominators and so on). The writers just need to use them.

* Kon-el - has nothing to do with this team and I never want to see him with them again. Totally over this character.

* Supergirl - I really liked pre-Crisis Supergirl on the team but the current one is just not the same character in my eyes. I would rather have Laurel Gand/Andromeda any day.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Arromdee:
By the way, where did DC say that Hypertime exists again (or at least mention Hypertime recently)?

Booster Gold #30.

I won't spoil the circumstances, but the exact quote is "Hypertime is in check."

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:

I won't spoil the circumstances, but the exact quote is "Hypertime is in check."

Please spoil the circumstances. I don't read Booster Gold and have no plans to buy it for one line.
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:

Please spoil the circumstances. I don't read Booster Gold and have no plans to buy it for one line.
It's shown to be around at the end of time in an issue of Booster Gold.

Incidentally...both Hypertime, and the Multiverse, exist simultaneously, and that is a first.

Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
For me, anything that has to be a part of the Legion for Adv #369-370 to have happened. My essential Legion story.

This means Lana Insect Queen.
This means Pete Ross.
This means Mordru has to at some point go Gandalf.

As for the other elements...Krypto.

Nightcrawler had an awesome idea on how to utilize the Pocket Universe btw.

Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Please, no. Imagine a new reader having to figure out this stuff. The pocket universe's time has passed; we already have enough old history back from the regular universe that using it doesn't give us enough more old history to make up for the trouble it causes.

Could it be any more difficult than explaining XS? You know... the girl who is a new member, only she's been a member of the Legion for awhile, only it's a Legion in a parallel universe, but she's not really from that parallel universe but this one, and she's the granddaughter of the Flash, only she lives a thousand years in the future because the Flash had time travelled to the future before he died (by the way, he's not dead anymore, and he's only about fifteen years older than her in current continuity).

[ May 11, 2010, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brigort
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brigort   Email brigort         Edit/Delete Post     
I know I'm in the minority on this, but if I never see Superboy/man in another Legion story I'll be happy.
He was always used as the "fixer of all problems" - call Superboy from the 20th century and all will be well.

Best issue was the day they kicked him out of his own book.

From: PEI, Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Superboy:
quote:
quote:

It's shown to be around at the end of time in an issue of Booster Gold.

In addition:

Click Here For A SpoilerThe line - spoken by a future Booster Gold - implied that part of the Time Masters' job is to prevent Hypertime from affecting the DCU timeline.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd love to see Dev-Em restored.

Considering The Legion was born from Superman's inspiration, it's be interesting to see what Luthor's legacy might be. Earth-Man might represent that in terms of how diametrically opposed he is to the Legion's ideals, but something more overtly Luthor-related could be fun.

[ May 20, 2010, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I [Love] Alexis Luthor!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.