Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The All-Mighty Gazor Thread (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The All-Mighty Gazor Thread
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Shocking... that's what it is... that in over a half a million posts on LW, there is not a single mention of the most evil face Phantom Girl has ever seen:

-

From the time that Mon-El was released from the Phantom Zone in Adv. 305 until the time that Phantom Girl entered it to solve Proty's leadership puzzle in Adv. 323, all other Phantom Zone criminals had been released except Gazor.

As Mort Weisinger explained a few issues later when a reader thought that fellow criminal Jax-Ur should still be in the Zone, given his life sentence, "Although Jax-Ur was given a life sentence, he could win an eventual parole or pardon. Gazor's sentence is life, with no hope of parole."

Read that again: "Gazor's sentence is life, with no hope of parole."

Life... in the Phantom Zone... where no one dies. Basically, Gazor is sentenced to the Phantom Zone for the entire life of the universe. That is pretty harsh, Kryptonians.

Personal pet theory:

So Gazor lives out the entire life of the universe, completely alone, harboring an intense personal grudge against both Superboy (the son of the man who led to his imprisonment) and Mon-El (who upon being released, came back to basically taunt the other prisoners).

The end of the universe rolls around, and out steps a vengeance swearing Mighty Gazor, donning a purple robe and getting down to trapping some time. (Hey, everyone else has had a turn as the Trapper, why not the face of pure evil?)

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
a classmate of mine's last name was Gazor.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
But was he Mighty?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Jeepers! I thought sure we'd discussed the Mighty Gazor before, if only in connection with the question of the untold story of what happened to the other Phantom Zone criminals that were in there in Adv. #305 when Mon-El was released!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
But was he Mighty?

not so mighty but, maybe he was undercover. or those years in the phantom zone were harsh.

possible pet theory too: maybe Gazor becomes lord of the phantom zone, ala belassco and limbo in the new mutants. whenever the legion has an excuse to go into the phantom zone, they must face the evil face of Gazor!!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I think I'd call Gazor's face more disgruntled than evil. But "the most disgruntled face I've ever seen" doesn't pack as much zing...!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I think I'd call Gazor's face more disgruntled than evil. But "the most disgruntled face I've ever seen" doesn't pack as much zing...!

I think he looks kinda constipated. [shrug]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Constipation CAN cause evilness, I'm sure... that's why I eat lots of beans.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I imagine one could be constipated in the PZ...FOREVER! I'll bet they can't, y'know, go while all ghostly. But if you're constipated when you're exiled there, maybe you'll always feel constipated?

Aw, maybe not since I don't think Mon feels all lead-poisoned in the Zone. Good think, since I doubt there are phantom beans in the Zone either!

So what the hell's Gazor's excuse for looking constipated?!?!? [Confused]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The real mystery of the Mighty Gazor, is why the heck he doesn't have a typical Kryptonian name? Shouldn't it be Gaz-Or?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Old--Mean--balding--surely this may be the most dangerous Kryptonian of them all!

Life sentence in the Phantom Zone? I suspect Gazor's crimes must have been numerous and catastrophic!

Awesome topic, Ex!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
The real mystery of the Mighty Gazor, is why the heck he doesn't have a typical Kryptonian name? Shouldn't it be Gaz-Or?

Maybe that's his crime.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe Phantom Girl caught him on the toilet trying to relieve himself right at that exact moment?
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
If the Mighty Gazor has such an evil face, that would explain why he hides it in a purple hood, if he did become the Time Trapper. It wouldn't do to go around scaring young ladies.

It could be that Gazor was some Kryptonian muckety-muck's rival and he was framed and given a life sentence just to get him out of the way. That sort of political maneuvering goes on everywhere in the galaxy.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
To me, he looks sad and lonely. And constipated.

"The Mighty Gazor" was probably a nickname he gave to himself, like "The Unabomber," or was given to him, like "Scarface."

I've also wondered what crimes in Kryptonian society merited eternal damnation. Gazor's punishment is the closest fictional equivalent of hell: Not only does he have to spend all eternity in the Phantom Zone, but he has to spend it alone.

His punishment reminds me of that of Dr. Peter White, a character on the TV series "St. Elsewhere." After becoming a rapist and being shot to death, Peter ends up in hell--which for him consists of being stranded on a small boat in the middle of a lake. Unable to touch land, he is all alone and can no longer manipulate others, as he did in life.

Was Gazor a rapist? A child molester? Something worse? Perhaps having an "evil face" was crime enough.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.