Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Cool Things You Could Do With Element Lad's Powers... (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Cool Things You Could Do With Element Lad's Powers...
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm pretty sure that he has, bizarrely enough, "transmuted" coal into diamonds, or vice versa, which isn't really shifting elements at all, but restructuring carbon into a different form.

On the other end of the power fluctuation scale, it's also suggested on at least one occasion that he can only affect elements when they are not in compounds, which would make him almost completely useless, especially in the 31st century, when one would suppose that just about everything is some kind of compound.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Compounds, as in two molecules bonded together?
Like say, oxygen in it's gaseous form, O2?
That would be incredibly limiting.

Can he turn dark matter into something else?
Or something else into dark matter?

If he can add protons and electrons to atoms, is he also adding 'charm' and 'love' and other wavelengths and particles?

That's quantum stuff, right?

Computers show fractile repeat designs, could he do something like that, crystalized elements forming giant sized patterned forms?
That would be cool.
And maybe have some purpose.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I dunno'. I'm still waiting for somebody to explain in detail how his powers markedly differ from Chemical King's powers (either version).

[Confused]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.