Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Back Issue Magazine #61- The Tabloid Issue (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Back Issue Magazine #61- The Tabloid Issue
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
Out in Nov.
 -

BACK ISSUE #61 (84 page TABLOID-SIZE SPECIAL ISSUE with color section, $10.95) takes a big look at “Tabloids and Treasuries,” spotlighting the Bronze Age’s BIGGEST comic books! Including every all-new tabloid from the 1970s, and a checklist of reprint treasury editions. Superman vs. the Amazing Spider-Man, The Bible, Captain America’s Bicentennial Battles, The Wizard of Oz, even the PAUL DINI/ALEX ROSS World’s Greatest Super-Heroes editions—they’re all here! With commentary from and/or art by NEAL ADAMS, JOSE LUIS GARCIA-LOPEZ, MIKE GRELL, JACK KIRBY, JOE KUBERT, SHELDON MAYER, JOHN ROMITA, SR., ALEX TOTH, and more. Featuring a reimagining of Grell’s Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes Limited Collectors’ Edition wraparound cover by Alex Ross! Edited by MICHAEL EURY. (NOTE: This issue published in the oversized tabloid format.)

From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll drink to that!
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
november 2012? thats a long wait...what # issue that Back Issue is now this month?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
That's a cool picture.

Thom and Nura holding hands, aw. Lydda behind man-kini Rokk. Brainy and Kara also flying near each other.

Colossal Boy isn't often shown flying in an enlarged form. That's an interesting choice.

Neat that some gone-but-not-forgotten Legionnaires like Chemical King and Ferro Lad made an appearance as well.

Is that Invisible Lyle to the west of Dream Girl's bosums?

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Incredible Ross cover!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
That cover is beautiful! It's great to get some Alex Ross Legion art again. I really like how youthful yet adult everyone looks - a good representation of the era.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

*hic*
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Incredible ! I love the energy and how they are all smiling!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Any chance for a poster? Great picture!!!
From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I MUST own this!

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
I dig that it's gonna be TABLOID-SIZED!
So I'll need 2: One for reading, another for hangin' on the wall.

Colossal Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colossal Boy   Email Colossal Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
That cover is amazing and right up there with the original work from Grell. Not a fan of Ross's coloring choices here though. Would love to see a high res wallpaper of this cover down the road.
Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Question - was there a time in history when Ultra Boy's logo was officially yellow?

I have been seeing it done like that so often lately, and by so many different colorists too, that I'm starting to wonder if it's not just a mis-coloring and is actually representative of an era I'm forgetting.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Anita Cocktail:
Out in Nov.
 -

BACK ISSUE #61 (84 page TABLOID-SIZE SPECIAL ISSUE with color section, $10.95) takes a big look at “Tabloids and Treasuries,” spotlighting the Bronze Age’s BIGGEST comic books! Including every all-new tabloid from the 1970s, and a checklist of reprint treasury editions. Superman vs. the Amazing Spider-Man, The Bible, Captain America’s Bicentennial Battles, The Wizard of Oz, even the PAUL DINI/ALEX ROSS World’s Greatest Super-Heroes editions—they’re all here! With commentary from and/or art by NEAL ADAMS, JOSE LUIS GARCIA-LOPEZ, MIKE GRELL, JACK KIRBY, JOE KUBERT, SHELDON MAYER, JOHN ROMITA, SR., ALEX TOTH, and more. Featuring a reimagining of Grell’s Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes Limited Collectors’ Edition wraparound cover by Alex Ross! Edited by MICHAEL EURY. (NOTE: This issue published in the oversized tabloid format.)

colonyofcells
iamamachine

Icon 1 posted      Profile for colonyofcells   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I have been trying to look for a larger complete picture on the web since last 1-2 weeks and found some today :

This link has a size 1600 picture which was the largest I could find at google :
http://marvel1980s.blogspot.com/2012/03/back-issue-magazine-nominated-for-eagle.html

this link has a size 960 picture :
http://www.collectedcomicslibrary.com/my-next-project-back-issue-61-tabloids-and-treasuries/

[ March 10, 2012, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: colonyofcells ]

From: san mateo ca usa | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.