Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Back Issue Magazine #61- The Tabloid Issue (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Back Issue Magazine #61- The Tabloid Issue
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for sharing!!
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
Back Issue is an incredible publication! It's also available in digital format -- at a cheaper rate.

I like the cover, but Ross's coloring has gotten a bit weird in the past few years. I prefer his original style.

Also, Ross being Ross -- he decided against haing both Lu's in different colors when split.

Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Anita Cocktail:
Out in Nov.
 -

BACK ISSUE #61 (84 page TABLOID-SIZE SPECIAL ISSUE with color section, $10.95) takes a big look at “Tabloids and Treasuries,” spotlighting the Bronze Age’s BIGGEST comic books! Including every all-new tabloid from the 1970s, and a checklist of reprint treasury editions. Superman vs. the Amazing Spider-Man, The Bible, Captain America’s Bicentennial Battles, The Wizard of Oz, even the PAUL DINI/ALEX ROSS World’s Greatest Super-Heroes editions—they’re all here! With commentary from and/or art by NEAL ADAMS, JOSE LUIS GARCIA-LOPEZ, MIKE GRELL, JACK KIRBY, JOE KUBERT, SHELDON MAYER, JOHN ROMITA, SR., ALEX TOTH, and more. Featuring a reimagining of Grell’s Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes Limited Collectors’ Edition wraparound cover by Alex Ross! Edited by MICHAEL EURY. (NOTE: This issue published in the oversized tabloid format.)

I love Shady's pose!
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by colonyofcells:
I have been trying to look for a larger complete picture on the web

Courtesy of giantsizegeek
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Shady's pose is indeed funktastic.

I love the detail on Star Boy's costume, too.

Wow, Projectra's got some sort of Australian crawl swimming action going on...

Ha, Jeckie's also got Legion earrings on!

Love the futuristic look of the city beneath them, even the dorky rocket-tram-tubes under Gim.

Brin's got his classic look with the upswept hair and ears and eyebrows, Violet's got her Cockrum-era costume on, Imra's in her Farrah-kini, classic!

Some of the faces seem a little too similar (Karate Kid, Cosmic Boy, Ultra Boy and Brainiac Five, for instance, seem to have the same face, in different colors), but it's a cool shot, nonetheless.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
Alex Ross has always done an amazing Shady.

Can anyone post the original Grell cover for comparison?

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.