Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LEGION #8 (Preview) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: LEGION #8 (Preview)
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, to be fair, Death Bunny and her associates are supposed to come off amatuerish, per IK's dialogue.

Agree completely about Micro Lad, however.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
This issue brought me great joy!
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
. . .That's wasteful writing, IMO, and a sign that the writer is just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

Plus, killing hostages when you don't know who has the information you need, is dumb. Cat-girl would totally have had egg on her face if the dude said, 'Okay, okay, but, uh... My boss, the woman you just killed, was the only one who knew where it was...' [Smile]

[Yes]

And the group may have been portrayed as amaturish, but they were successful at their mission and willing to sacrifice themselves to do so.
The catgirl/bunny WAS named I think, on the page where the 3eyed guy comes into the room where Jacques is taking down the team.
He calls out to 'Sitka and Jerl'.
The catgirl/bunny had already named Sitka, so I assume 'Jerl' is her name, seeing as how she was the leader and Sitka was the main muscle/murderer, it makes sense that 3eyes would call out their names an let them know that he found the info sought.

So, the Five will be back.
It'll be a new Empress, since Sarya is dead and the Eye, as seen in the annual, is looking for a new mistress.
I hope it's Cera.

It will be a new Tharok/human, too, won't it?
Or is the human half still alive somewhere?

Levitz didn't go with the Johns presentation of the Five in the annual and the story on Tharok needing to be rebuilt matches his take on the team being destroyed.

I wonder who the others will be?

I liked both stories, although I agree that Garth could have had less flying in the sky.
A page more for Lydda and Rokk would have been nice.

PS - I loved Jacques fighting scenes and that he credited Shady for his combat training.
She was shown training Dragonwing, too.
I'm glad to see that she's done some positive things in the last year.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
No, no, no
I don't want that pathetic girl Cera like The Empress.
The Eye who can everything must bring back Sarya to life from her ashes.

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved the art.

Was Jacques visiting his sister and just happened to be on hand? Was he following up on a lead? I'm not clear on why Invisible Kid was there or why no other Legionnaires were.

I agree that it seems premature to start talking about a Fatal Five arch unless it will be part of the Dominion story. Of course, I would be the last person to discourage Levitz from foreshadowing.

I suppose the return of the Rokk/Lydda dynamic is to counter the destruction of other Legion romances lately. I'll reserve judgement until it plays out.

I walked away having enjoyed the issue, despite some minor quibbles.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Lightle's art is intriguing. I like how Jo and Lar have completely different physiques, for instance, with Lar being thinner and less muscular, more like the laid-back ex-scientist he is, and Jo more the 'jock.'

The big black tentacle-alien was awesome. Nice visual, with the gold orbs on it's back (reminiscent of Tellus' nodules).

Cinar's artwork was also fun. It was very nice to see some of the Legionnaires smiling. Lots of touching, too. The first three pages, all three of them pretty much have their hands all over each other, which is kinda cool, since it's a graphic reminder of how long they've been friends.

Lydda taught Rokk how to waltz? That's awesome!

I imagine the local boy had a fun time re-imagining his home city. (Yildiray lives in Istanbul, IIRC...)

[ April 20, 2012, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
I was very touched by Mr. Lightle's interlac homage to Legion fans who have passed on; Dannell Lites, Steve Reed, and Chris Companik, on p2.
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed this issue overall - gorgeous art in both stories though it did feel a little like a filler issue. I maybe would have preferred if these were back up storie than together. Oh well, thats not a real complaint more a grumble. Istanbul looked great, veey different from the place I visited nearly 20 years ago but with a couple of landmarks still recognisable.

BTW, Death Bunny is the best name for a villain ever! lets hope that if she makes another appearance she is called that.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by EmeraldEmpress:
No, no, no
I don't want that pathetic girl Cera like The Empress.
The Eye who can everything must bring back Sarya to life from her ashes.

I'm sorry, sweetie.
Ummm, well, even the Eye of Ekron isn't God.
It's just a corrupting source of blasting power.
One can fly and stay eternally young, but like a monkey's paw, the host ends up begging to be released to die.
sigh

Although, it's comics, so you never know what will happen until it's been done.

But, the Eye seems to love pathetic girls.

PS - Death Bunny is a neat name, but she'll have to change her tail.
[Yes]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe she'll get her tail bobbed by a stray laser beam or something.

Hey, SHE could be the new Emerald Empress! Or Emerald Death Bunny.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved the Lightle story, and the Invisible Kid against several villains alone sounds like something he would do, and has doen before. The Lightle story was too short.

Personally I didn't care about the second story. A pointless spotlight issue on Garth. IMO.

--------------------------

Death Bunny has so caught on!

(Lady Death Bunny ? Mademoiselle Death Bunny? Le Death Bunny? ) sure to become a recurring character on Legion World! In fact I bet she was written in just for our potential hijinks!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matter-eater man
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matter-eater man   Author's Homepage   Email matter-eater man         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice to see Invisible Kid get some attention. The bad guys looked memorable! Death bunney and her big friend may have been written as throw away bad guys but I wouldn't mind seeing them come back. Kudus to both artists as both stories looked great. Not much happened in the second story but it was nice seeing the founders getting together. Saturn Girl looks much better with the long hair IMO. I don't know about everybody else but I'm ready for them to come back to active duty. I'm guessing I'm in the miniority but also wouldn't mind if Cosmic Boy & Night Girl stayed broken up. Couples don't always stay together and this relationship was never one of the greats IMO.
From: MN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

In the TMK era, Rokk and Lydda were married and preggers, with a possible Lord of Order born to them.
Which would have been pretty huge.
sigh
Besides, they both have double letters in their names.
It's meant to be!
[Yes]

--------------------

Come, join me!

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
The cat-eyed cannon fodder woman was named "Josi."

Heh.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
long tails, ears for hats.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.