Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The Legion Lost Countdown to Cancellation Pool (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Legion Lost Countdown to Cancellation Pool
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
21 (because all the actual cancellation numbers have already been taken, I suspect)

My real first choice is 16.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
I REFUSE to participate in such a venomous & negative thread!

Shame on all of you!!

Oh, and I agree with Peebs. Gone by #14.

From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
I think it will get sales bump off 'The Culling' and go to #30 out lasting the regular series by 3 or 4 issues
From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The real question is how long before it stops being better than the regular series?
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
The real question is how long before it stops being better than the regular series?

Didn't that happen in Issue #1? Granted I'm two month behind on my reading until this election ends, but I can't imagine it has turned around that much, has it?
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lowercase mllash:
21 (because all the actual cancellation numbers have already been taken, I suspect)

My real first choice is 16.

I WIN! [Big Grin]

Well, actually LARDY wins because he was first to say 16.

But hey, if we add in the 0 issue, there are actually 17 issues of LLOST...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Is there a prize? Other than the satisfaction of never having to spend the money to read it again? XD
From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
Seriously, how much longer 'til the current Legion Lost series is cancelled? What will the final issue be?

I'll be optimistic and say DC will give the next to go another 8 issues beyond the 8 the first group got.

So I say issue 16 is the last issue of Legion Lost Vol. 2.

What say you?

HUZZAH! I effin' NAILED it!!!

quote:
Originally posted by lowercase mllash:

Well, actually LARDY wins because he was first to say 16.

But hey, if we add in the 0 issue, there are actually 17 issues of LLOST...

Hey, issue number is what I said, and issue number 16 it was! Besides, if someone INSISTS on adding the zero issue, no one guessed "17", and I was the closest without going over! ("Price Is Right" rules, per earlier in the thread! [Big Grin] )

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
What's next? The "How long until the next reboot?" pool?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Conjure Lass:
Is there a prize? Other than the satisfaction of never having to spend the money to read it again? XD

How about my damn money back for the 8 or 9 issues worth I wasted on the book? [Disgusting]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Conjure Lass:

How about my damn money back for the 8 or 9 issues worth I wasted on the book? [Disgusting]
You get the joy and satisfaction of knowing that you're a true legion fan who wastes their money on the team no matter HOW crappy the book gets! Consider yourself blessed by DC for the honor!
From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
The more appropriate question is when will DC try yet another Legionnaires-stuck-in-the-20th/21st-century series?

No matter that every attempt has been an utter failure:

Karate Kid only lasted as long as it did because a movie of the same name was a current hot property (even though the movie and comic had absolutely nothing to do with each other).

Timber Wolf's stay in the 20th was even briefer than Karate Kid's.

Then there was the time that the main book itself took place in the 1990s for a dozen or so issues. DC outdid themselves on that one, killing the momentum of the reboot (and damn near destroying the Legion franchise itself) in the process.

And yet they had to try it again with Legion Lost.

Seriously, what did they expect?

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't followed this series after issue #1 despite the great characters involved so I feel a bit awful chipping in at it's demise, but I only hope that it ends with the seven members returning to the 31st century and not either being stuck in the 21st Century (and at the mercy of whichever writer wants to use them/kill them/turn them rogue/whatever this months cliche is/etc) or go the way of the Reboot team and be floating around in extra-dimensional limbo. Or even worse, at the end of their series apparently be on their way home only not to reappear for a year or three while Paul tries to keep up with all the subplots floating around.

We haven't heard for definite that they are returning have we?

[ October 23, 2012, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass

I don't think there's been any confirmation either way, though I've heard that Levitz doesn't really like those 7 characters much and wouldn't miss them. You just watch, they'll be floating with the 247 Legionnaires in no time.

*SO SAD*

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm pretty sure Timber Wolf is a favorite of Paul's, and he created Dawnstar and Yera (though not as "Chameleon Girl") and co-created Tellus (who was more Lightle's baby than his, but still...)

His dislike for Tyroc is kind of legendary, but he seemed interested in re-inventing him by using him in the last series.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.