Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH # 9 SPOILERAMA (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: LSH # 9 SPOILERAMA
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, interest in this book MUST be at an all-time low here... no new thread for this yet?

I thought it was pretty good... possibly the best issue since Levitz' return.

I LIKED:

Briany's LOLworthy snarkiness

Dream Girl gets to engage in a bit of kickassery

The LLOST have not been forgotten

Gravity Kid!

Both the Dominator and the Fatal 5 plotlines brewing... I hope the payoff is HUGE...

The holotech or whatever you wanna call it that lets us SEE everybody is nice

Some less-pleasing stuff:

WHY is Thom still in that hoverchair??

WHEN will Harmonia finally explain why she didn't use her powers to prevent Titanfall?

I'm not willing to say the glory days are back yet, but this was a solid issue for me.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH's back:

I thought it was pretty good... possibly the best issue since Levitz' return.

My thoughts exactly... I wish this had been issue #1 of the Levitz run. This is the first time I've felt any excitement and sense of anticipation for this incarnation of LSH.

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
Definitely the best since Levitz returned.
Yay, Gravity Kid appearance.
New recruits? Could explain new character on August's cover.

From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Fun Lightle cover. Fun interior art. Lot's of color!

We have a plot!

We have lots of Legionnaires.

We have Thom doing something and showing some personality.

Works for me.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone with sharp eyes able to translate the Interlac words that might be the names of the two 'possible recruits' D-Damsel mentions? Looks like they're on the cover of August's issue, too.
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
Why is no one mentioning Click Here For A Spoilerthe Revelation that Validus is around, when Gariddian is himself??

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
and that the legion broke the iron curtain of time.

--------------------

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Superboy-Supergirl:
Why is no one mentioning Click Here For A Spoilerthe Revelation that Validus is around, when Gariddian is himself??

Well, you see, they were actually triplets, and the Luck Lords stole one of them and . . .

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

ha ha i already told lash my theory which wasn't said for seriousness but...he's Mekt's twin.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I hope Validus' origins are now far removed from what they originally were... I never DID care fot that Darkseid twist.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Me either.
[No]

I rather like SS's suggestion that Validus is Mekt's brother, though.
[Yes]

Validus/Tribulus was shown in dotREBELS, a year or so ago.
Tribulus even got Validus brains from Lyrl, at the end.

I get my copy tomorrow.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH's back:
Wow, interest in this book MUST be at an all-time low here... no new thread for this yet?

That's nothing, dearest.
Poor, poor LEGION LOST #9 doesn't have a thread either, and nobody seems to have noticed!

From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I noticed.
I guess I'll call it 'The Culling', though.
[Frown]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I haven't made it to LLOST 9 yet but I hope to very soon and will definitely comment then!

--------------------

Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
the return of validus is the first time Levitz has moved away from the status quo left at the end of the baxter run (unlike the new Empress for example).

I am pleased to see a great character return but I want to know how it is possible. In this universe was garridan never validus or is this a different creature created by Darkseid. Mekt's sibling would be a nice closure of that plotline. Hopefully the rumoured #0 will clear things up.

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.