Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH # 9 SPOILERAMA (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: LSH # 9 SPOILERAMA
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
I noticed.
I guess I'll call it 'The Culling', though.
[Frown]

I had zero interest in Blackest Night and whatever the last Titans thing was where they were all wasting one another right and left.

When I heard about this, my eyes glazed over all over again. Bleah.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
this would explain why Validus was around in Legion Lost.

and i wonder how the legion broke the Iron Curtain...

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
WHY is Thom still in that hoverchair??

I would assume he's still recovering and not on active duty yet. I did translate the Interlac but its in one of the legion facebook's and i cant access it at work so i'll post it later but it appears to be names...not heroic names though (at least my opinion) someone said one of the names was Japanese in origin..i think the was the female: Otaki i think that's what the interlac translted as.

The male was something else but not standard english/american way of how a name usually is.

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Anyone with sharp eyes able to translate the Interlac words that might be the names of the two 'possible recruits' D-Damsel mentions? Looks like they're on the cover of August's issue, too.

Looks like Otaki for the woman and Mwinadji for the man. That's an odd name, but in a group with people named Reep Daggle and Luornu Duorgu and Tinya Wazzoo of Bgtzl, I guess it's not *that* odd... [Smile]
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
"Otaki" is a city in New Zealand.

"Otaku" is apparently someone obsessed with anime.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
At least Reep and Luornu and Tinya are pronouncable. How the heck do you say Mwinadji?

Liked the issue pretty well, but it seemed short to me so I counted the pages. Only 20. Is that standard nowadays? What ever happened to 24?

I don't think I'll ever warm up to Harmonia. Maybe she'll be Dominator fodder.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
20 pages became the standard for DC with the 'holding the line at $2.99' promotion. It was a way to keep their books at the more wallet-friendly $2.99 price (this is assuming one would consider $3.99 UNfriendly for a comic, which I do for the most part) while also saving money by cutting costs (page count).

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
20 pages in LSH #9. And the first page showed one panel, 4 characters standing around, 11 words that revealed nothing new or interesting.

If we have only 20 pages, make them count, please.

Compared to other fine comics I'm reading now, this one is not up to speed yet.

Still...Long Live the Legion.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Random observations;

On pages 14 and 15, we get to see the message board symbols for Harmonia Li (Chinese character for Harmony), and then Glorith (a tree?), Dragonwing (a bat wing), Chemical Kid (a beaker) and Comet Queen (a capital Interlac letter-looking thing). Squint at Glorith's tree-symbol and it could also look like a mushroom-cloud...

On p. 6, Gravity Lad also has a SP symbol, and I don't recall the SP having a mission monitor board style symbol before.

Gravity Lad's joined the SP? Neat. I knew he'd followed Power Boy (who had been offered an SP job) to Takron-Galtos, but I didn't know that he'd also signed up.

I'm probably never going to love Harmonia Li, but her costume is pretty cool.

The Dominators have long had an obsession with tinkering with the meta-gene. It's interesting to see them fielding super-powered aliens like Dys, whose power turned out to be very useful against Brainy, the one Legionnaire who is most dependent on gear to function.

I like that their teleportation tech is so clearly limited as well, requiring them to black out an entire continent of their homeworld to open a portal to earth from their homeworld.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I love the idea of teleportation and characters who can teleport but it CAN make things a little TOO easy sometimes, so I also am onboard with the downside to the Dominators' teleport tech!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH's back:
I love the idea of teleportation and characters who can teleport but it CAN make things a little TOO easy sometimes, so I also am onboard with the downside to the Dominators' teleport tech!

Indeed. When I was younger, I questioned why Nightcrawler had what, to me, seemed like ridiculously limited teleportation powers (a half mile or a couple of miles, tops, disorients passengers, etc.), but, from a narrative standpoint, his powers are just about perfect. He gets to BAMF all over combat and do awesome, awesome stuff like in the beginning of the second X-Men movie, and not mess with the tension of escape scenes and the like.

I totally didn't appreciate how well-designed he was, compared to longer-range teleporters who end up suffering the Star Trek problem of having to have their powers inexplicably not work whenever they would mess with the dramatic needs of the moment, or, worse, get conveniently forgotten if the writer doesn't want to use them...

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I liked that there was just about enough action this issue. The last one gave us too little story. I wonder if the Fatal Five and Dominator storylines are related?

Curious that Star Boy didn't get an "info box" when non-Legionnaire Gravity Kid did...

[ May 20, 2012, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdpinball
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdpinball   Email jdpinball         Edit/Delete Post     
I really enjoyed this issue and hopefully the book will continue along at a better pace and more action scenes. I also wondered about Validus being back? This leads into another question concerning Irma & Garth- if the legion is now supposedly only 5 years into their careers...how do we explain a legionaire couple with two 5 year olds??
From: EARTH | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jdpinball:
I really enjoyed this issue and hopefully the book will continue along at a better pace and more action scenes. I also wondered about Validus being back? This leads into another question concerning Irma & Garth- if the legion is now supposedly only 5 years into their careers...how do we explain a legionaire couple with two 5 year olds??

I get the impression that Paul Levitz is completely ignoring the 5 years in dictat, just like he ignored a lot of Geoff Johns set up work.

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdpinball
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdpinball   Email jdpinball         Edit/Delete Post     
yeah except that in the recent Legion origin mini series it states the Legion has been active for 5 years and they keep referring to the Legion Lost crew as teens"

Hopefully he does ignore that editorial dictate...because it just doesn't work but then agin it's a comic book so...

From: EARTH | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.