Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion Lost #10 (Preview) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion Lost #10 (Preview)
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
This art does seem better than in previous samples. It's nice to see the continued development of Tyroc's character by more than one writer. I just wished I liked other developments since Levitz came back to the main book half as much.

As for Yera's personality... well, she was infected with a virus and then cured by being "merged" with a dead person several issues ago, wasn't she? I guess that could explain her temperament, or you could go with her continued unease at being so far from home.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed Legion Lost #10, but wish that Tom DeFalco would have kept the crew in the desolate future a bit longer instead of rushing them back to the past and right into a new story line. The scenes from the present clearly interrupted the shock of finding the 30th century so altered. I think they should have taken an issue or two to instigate what had happened. A trip to the time institute might have solved the mystery or a trip off world to one of the many Legion worlds might have revealed whether the catastrophe was indeed caused by the Legion's battle with Harvest or some current event that involved the rest of the Legion like Dominion or Fatal Five.
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I thought they could've spent more time investigating what the cause of the disaster was. This was kind of addressed by their attempt to take a shorter jaunt into the past, but, still, it seemed like they would've spent a little more time than they did in the future.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually the idea that the future that Legion Lost found being messed up by events from Paul Levitz' main book are more intriguing than the catastrophe being caused be the Legion's battle with Harvest. It would definitely foreshadow in epic story in the main Legion title. It would also have created an interesting storyline in which the Legion Lost team would have had to find a way to undo what the rest of the Legion did in current storylines.
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
It also just seems improbable that Harvest doing something in the 21st century would result in everything happening basically the same for the next 1000 years, and then a sudden massive disaster. If you're just evaluating likelihoods, the Fatal Five doing something in the 31st century seems a lot more plausible explanation.

That's ignoring the fact that Tyroc, Yera, Tellus, and whoever else seem to know more about the event than what they've revealed to everyone.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
It also just seems improbable that Harvest doing something in the 21st century would result in everything happening basically the same for the next 1000 years, and then a sudden massive disaster.

It's actually quite probable--*if* Harvest's plan is to travel to the 31st century himself (without the extra year that the Legion Lost people travelled) and do something, rather than to do something in the present.
Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

That would be an interesting scenerio if Levitz and DeFalco could work together to pull off such a storyline between the two titles.
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
EDE:

quote:
This was kind of addressed by their attempt to take a shorter jaunt into the past, but, still, it seemed like they would've spent a little more time than they did in the future.
With Wildfire's suit not working properly, they couldn't afford to hang around a lifeless world. They were hoping they could hook up with the Legion in the past so Wildfire could get a new suit (or maybe meet Brainiac 5 to fix this one).

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

quote:
Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:
EDE:

With Wildfire's suit not working properly, they couldn't afford to hang around a lifeless world. They were hoping they could hook up with the Legion in the past so Wildfire could get a new suit (or maybe meet Brainiac 5 to fix this one).[/QUOTE]

True, but if they had done a little more research they might have found out that Braniac 5 was just a couple of worlds away and he could have fixed it right there...depending if he and the rest of the Legion were still alive. Even if Tyroc and the gang couldn't find a spare space craft hanging around, which they didn't even attempt to look for, Dawnstar could have made a quick trip to see if any other worlds were inhabited and from there find out where the rest of the Legion might be hanging out. Truth is, I just think DeFalco wanted a quick return to the 21st century because he and the DC editorial board were more interested in Legion Lost stories happening in the present DCU than in the future. While those stories might be interesting, I think he lost out on having the Legion Lost team getting really lost for awhile in the altered 31st century before ending up going back to the present and the new story line that he bagan telling in this issue.

Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
What's odd about the suit is that it read as if it was implying that Wildfire would die without his suit. I wonder if Tom knows that he won;t.
Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
He may not die, but he'd certainly discorporate, and he'd be useless, helpless and invisible. That's certainly not a good fate.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:

I was actually a bit skeptical of those who were claiming to detect an upturn in quality with the new creative team, but this issue was really well done

That'll learn ya to be skeptical!

I was fascinated by the devestated future scenes and wanted more more more of them.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
This was a decent issue. So happy to see those bland all-white soons gone (for good, I hope).

Yera is getting very annoying. And I also though it odd that that people expect something nebulous event from the 21st century to be the reason for the bleak future. There was no hint of a connection that I could find.

I do think both this book and LSH would benefit from DeFalco and Levitz working together to tie in events of both series -- ultimately leading to Legion Lost being found again (sales tell me it's only a matter of time).

Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.