Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion Lost #10 (Preview) (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion Lost #10 (Preview)
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
From Pop Matters:
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/post/159587-frozen-in-time-exclusive-preview-of-legion-lost-10/

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
I like it.

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
As usual, Pete Woods' art is a joy to behold!
Now that this Culling nonsense is over, and the initial Hypersapiens storyline has been pretty much abandoned, I'm looking forward to seeing where Tom & Pete are taking this book.

From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni   Email Omni         Edit/Delete Post     
i wish they had finished or at least gave a bit more resolution to the Hypersapiens storyline. i hate danglers like that.

--------------------
read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
What's Legion Lost?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Kidding.

But, while at least Gates looks like he's back to his old vocabulary, I can't say this preview offers anything promising for me.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmperor
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmperor           Edit/Delete Post     
I've missed the last two issues, but I have to say I liked this one. Woods are continues to grow on me.

And just what exactly has happened to the 31st century? What is this mystery surrounding Tyroc? Why is Yera so abrasive?

And I wonder....is Harvest somehow connected to the Time Trapper??

From: Southern Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
This was a really solid issue!

I was actually a bit skeptical of those who were claiming to detect an upturn in quality with the new creative team, but this issue was really well done

Okay, I could've done without the 90s "not-at-the-end-of-a-sentence" dialogue, but that's a pretty minor quibble.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't follow The Culling... only what was seen in this book. Can someone tell me why Yera is being so aggressive? Did something happen or is this personality change due to inconsistency when the writers of the book changed?

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I suspect it's the result of growing a penis.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I suspect it's the result of growing a penis.

LOL same thing happened to me.

--------------------

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Some positive signs this issue:

I've enjoyed Pete Woods' work in the past. For some reason, it's turned me off on this series so far. His work on issue #10 clicked a bit better. Especially the cover.

I'm glad to see the white uniforms were temporary. It nice to see Steve Trevor. The book is finally starting to get some good connections to the present day.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by The Man From Cargg:
I didn't follow The Culling... only what was seen in this book. Can someone tell me why Yera is being so aggressive? Did something happen or is this personality change due to inconsistency when the writers of the book changed?

During the Culling, Yera was insistent that the Legionnaires Lost get some information (or something) from bad-guy Harvest before they left in the time bubble. There were also hints that she had her own agenda in getting "lost" with these Legionnaires, and that she possibly knew they were headed toward the Culling (or at least toward Harvest) when they left the 31st century.

She's mad that Tyroc didn't listen to her.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

quote:
Originally posted by Legion Tracker:
quote:
Originally posted by The Man From Cargg:

During the Culling, Yera was insistent that the Legionnaires Lost get some information (or something) from bad-guy Harvest before they left in the time bubble. There were also hints that she had her own agenda in getting "lost" with these Legionnaires, and that she possibly knew they were headed toward the Culling (or at least toward Harvest) when they left the 31st century.

She's mad that Tyroc didn't listen to her.

Thanks LT

--------------------

Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
To add to what LT said, it was implied that Yera is working for a person or organization called "Echo."

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.