Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion Zero Issues For Sept.--Spotlghts On... (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion Zero Issues For Sept.--Spotlghts On...
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Personally would have preferrred Tyroc and Mon-El (an ideal chance to clean up his New 52 backstory)...

Click for fullsize image

Legion Lost #0

Written by TOM DeFALCO
Art by PETE WOODS
Cover by ANDRES GUINALDO and MARK IRWIN
On sale SEPTEMBER 12 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• Don’t miss Timber Wolf’s origin in this special issue!

Click for fullsize image

Legion of Super Heroes #0
Written by PAUL LEVITZ
Art by SCOTT KOLINS
Cover by STEVE LIGHTLE
On sale SEPTEMBER 19 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• A new story entitled “Brainiac’s Original Sin” sheds light on one very important Coluan child!

Click for fullsize image

LEGION: SECRET ORIGIN TP
Written by PAUL LEVITZ
Art by CHRIS BATISTA and MARC DEERING
Cover by TOM FEISTER
On sale OCTOBER 24 • 144 pg, FC, $14.99 US
• In this title collecting the 2011 miniseries, learn why the United Planets was formed, who tried to kill R.J. Brande the first time, what great power could leave entire planets desolate and lifeless, and more!
• Collecting the six-issue miniseries.

[ June 28, 2012, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Is Brainy wearing a new costume? And he got a haircut?? I approve!! ^_^

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Korbal:
Personally would have preferrred Tyroc and Mon-El (an ideal chance to clean up his New 52 backstory)...

Def agree on Mon.

For Lost, wish we could get the same for Gates since it's pretty likely he isn't the postboot Gates (or from another universe / continuity) anymore.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colossal Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colossal Boy   Email Colossal Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
Is Brainy wearing a new costume? And he got a haircut?? I approve!! ^_^

I believe this is the same uniform he wore in the recent Secret Origin mini
Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
The Brainy cover says Portela on art, but that looks kind of Lightle-ish to me.

Either way, I like it. (Yeah, I'd rather it was someone else, but the art is good!)

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I think for the LL one, almost anyone would have been a better choice than Brin....there are loads of unanswered questions about Tyroc and Gates, and Tellus and Yera's pre-Legion days could do with a little more exploration...even Dawnstar would have made an interesting choice as we haven't really seen much of her bounty hunting days...

I've got nothing against Brin, but compared to some of his teammates there's not much about him that I'd classify as a "must tell" story...(having said that, I have been surprised to find myself focusing on him a lot when writing fics, so maybe he's just a character whom writers naturally gravitate to?)

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
If I was still reading either of these books I'd probably be in here raging about who these issues are spotlighting right now. But since I'm not, I don't care. [Big Grin]

I can even begrudge that Mr Over-exposed's origin/family tree might need a bit of an explanation, what with the DCnU and all.

Timber Wolf is definitely a strange choice though. Tyroc is just crying out (no pun intended) for a more detailed back-story/explanation as to what he's been up to all these years. I think they're probably trying to push Timber Wolf as a Legion/DC 'face' to draw in some of those Wolverine fans from Marvel.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
My own opinion is that the choices were made by TPTB, who insist on seeing Timber Wolf as DC's answer to Wolverine and Brainy as a future version of Vril Dox. Sad.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^ I agree. It's actually been clear to me for a few years now that nearly all DC story-points, big and small, are dictated by TPTB. One could say that the company has always been like that but IMO it has been so much worse (or at least, more obvious) since Dan Didio took over. Just one of the reasons I don't read their books anymore.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The main Legion book has a zillion backstories needing filling:

what happened after the magic wars until Volume 6 (did Lightning Saga/Superman & the Legion happen in a similar way to the postboot.

The revival of Karate Kid (and death now that countdown couldn't have happened).

Rokk and Lydda. From when Night Girl joined, through the bust up.

Mon-El's new back story and how he and Shady split.

Harmonia's origin/backstory

Dragonwing's origin

The whole Glorith mystery

Does XS still exist and how does she fit with the Legion and the Flash family.

In the Lost book:

What happened to Gates when he was thought dead.

Gates' backstory. Is he from U247 and if so why did he really stay. Does his race exist in this universe.

Yera's backstory, when she joined the Legion and what is with her and Gim.

Is Tyroc's origin the same and what has happened since he was trapped on Marzal.

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Apparently the Brainy story is a continuation of the Secret Origins storyline.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
Dear Legion World,

Please explain to me what the purpose of the "zero" issues are? Will the titles pick up again with the original numbering after zero month or will they all start at number one again?

With the restarts and re-restarts and re-re-restarts of titles and their numbering, plus the total elimination of page numbers within the books, why bother giving anything a number anymore?

Signed - Confused Continuity in Frederick

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The titles return to their regular numbering the month after. The zero issues are basically an "event" to provide another jumping on point a year after the reboot (expect a similar gimmick on an annual basis from now on). They're united by the fact that they are all supposed to be flashbacks to the early careers of their protagonists l.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Eryk!

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm looking foward to the spotlight on Timber Wolf in Legion Lost #0 since he has been my favorite Legionnaire for the past 25+ years. Still, spotlights on Tyroc or Dawnstar would have been nice. What I really hoped to see was the backstory of what Tyroc, Dawnstar, Timber Wolf and the gang were doing (possibly on a mission with other members of the Legion) that led up to them going to the 21st century and becoming "lost."
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.