Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion Zero Issues For Sept.--Spotlghts On... (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion Zero Issues For Sept.--Spotlghts On...
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the Hermit:
My own opinion is that the choices were made by TPTB, who insist on seeing Timber Wolf as DC's answer to Wolverine and Brainy as a future version of Vril Dox. Sad.

We haven't seen Vril Dox in the new 52 universe yet!

I'd love to see a connection.

I'd also like to see if any of Bedard's changes to the Legionnire worlds will continue in this new universe.
Starhaven's origin, in particular, was changed rather drastically in his dotREBELS storyline.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Agree with all on T-Wolf and to an extent, Brainy. From DC's viewpoint, these titles are being marketed to new readers, so they don't care about previously-told origin stories. But as a long-time reader, I know that Gates and Yera have never had "true" origin stories at all before. We've only ever had bits and pieces of theirs.

For that matter, why focus on only one Legionnaires per issue? I'd love a Who's Who type issue where each page focuses on a different Legionnaire. Sure, it's not in-depth, but I can find out just as much from a text piece as I can from a full-isse story nowadays. Or compromise - split the 22 pages among 4-6 Legionnaires.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Leather Wolf:
I'm looking foward to the spotlight on Timber Wolf in Legion Lost #0 since he has been my favorite Legionnaire for the past 25+ years.

Welcome to Legion World, Leather Wolf!

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Legion Tracker! It's good to be here!!
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.