Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Remove a Legionnaire (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Remove a Legionnaire
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Q1: Let's assume the Lost Legionnaires make their way home. Lost + current active (counting Star Boy and Comet Queen) = 27. Who would you bump off to keep the Legion down to 25?

Q2: Let's assume all the Legionnaires who've resigned/disappeared from the team since Legion of 3 Worlds all came back. I count 39 total; which 14 would you bump off to reduce the team to 25?

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, we are not fans of the new girls! Chemical Kid is hanging tough, while Comet Queen, Dragonwing, Glorith and Harmonia Li are fighting for their lives!

I'm still the only one to vote to dump Brainy, in the 'dump 2' poll. I think him taking a long break would give the writer *much* more time to focus on developing stronger characterization for everyone else, since it feels like a third of every issue is devoted to Brainy.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni   Email Omni         Edit/Delete Post     
i love that both Gates and Xs are winning more than the academy kids are!

--------------------
read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Alas, XS has surged ahead for being dropped.

I'm finding it interesting who has 0 votes - Violet, Element Lad, Dream Girl and Tyroc. Jan and to a certain extent Violet have had considerably little screen time recently.

I found myself voting to keep many Lost Legionnaires because I like how they're being written. Or maybe I just empathize with them a bit more since they're being focused on so much.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd like a Legion Academy title again, so I'd return the kids and teachers to that site.
I think that's where Harmonia and Yera should go too, along with the not mentioned two kids with the mildly unreadable names.
[Yes]

If I'd thought about it when I voted, I would have put Jan, Tasmia, Mysa, Blok, Thom, Nura and the 3 founders there, as well.
[shrug]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't voted, because the only ones I really want to see go are Harmonia and Glorith...I would also much prefer to see XS and Gates go back to their own Legion, but only if we get to see them outside of Limbo again..

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I tried to base my decisions on tactical reasons; for example I feel that if you have Lightning Lad on the team you do not need Sun Boy. In cases when I had to choose between two members with the exact same power, I chose the one I found more interesting.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matter-eater man
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matter-eater man   Author's Homepage   Email matter-eater man         Edit/Delete Post     
This is hard. I'm not sure I can pick 14. I actually like the new kids plus the older members.
From: MN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
I'd like a Legion Academy title again, so I'd return the kids and teachers to that site.
I think that's where Harmonia and Yera should go too, along with the not mentioned two kids with the mildly unreadable names.
[Yes]

If I'd thought about it when I voted, I would have put Jan, Tasmia, Mysa, Blok, Thom, Nura and the 3 founders there, as well.
[shrug]

I find your choices interesting, Candle. Are these the ones you'd pick to be teachers? I can actually see most of them there, though Nura doesn't seem (to me) to be a mentor-type. Tasmia doesn't either, though she'd be a great combat teacher. Thom is patient enough to be, I think. And Jan, definitely.

Like with Emily, some of my decisions were tactical. I only kept one lightning twin (for the first time, it was Ayla since I find the Retroboot
Ayla much more likable than Retroboot Garth). I also kept Reep over Yera, Tellus over Imra, and removed Blok and (surprise) Ultra Boy since I kept Mon-El and Timber Wolf.

And like matter-eater man, I found it hard! I always thought the 25-member limitation was a silly thing to apply to a defensive organization (though I can see why it was implemented for story purposes).

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Alas, XS has surged ahead for being dropped.

I'm finding it interesting who has 0 votes - Violet, Element Lad, Dream Girl and Tyroc. Jan and to a certain extent Violet have had considerably little screen time recently.

This is really strange since the people who have got much of the spotlight lately are getting the most votes to be kicked off. (the new kids and harmonia)

are we just grinches or is DC extremely OUT OF TOUCH with their fans?

I wonder if people hate chamelon girl ... or if they dont mind her but like Chameleon much much more and thus she is redundant. (which is how I feel)

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I quite like Yera, I would prefer she be a supporting character than an active member of the team though.

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
[Yes]

[shrug]

I find your choices interesting, Candle. Are these the ones you'd pick to be teachers? I can actually see most of them there, though Nura doesn't seem (to me) to be a mentor-type. Tasmia doesn't either, though she'd be a great combat teacher. Thom is patient enough to be, I think. And Jan, definitely.

Like with Emily, some of my decisions were tactical.

Yes, as teacher/mentors, sort of like the next step in their careers, perhaps, before going into an intergalactic Strike Force type of organization.

Jan has mentored CK already and I seem to remember Nura mentoring one of the kids already, too (I hope that's right).
Jan's getting close to his historical retreat to Trom, too, wheither he does or not in this boot remains to be seen.
I'd kind of like to see him paired with Shady or Harmonia or ?, since Shaughvn isn't seemingly in this boot.

Everytime that we've seen Shady lately, it's been with the kids or training, mostly.

Thom and Nura need a break from the pressure of combat, I think, and the school would be a good place for them, in the mix of things but to a lesser degree.

Mysa and Blok would be great magic trainers, and I'd like to see a division of the Academy specialize in that field.

I might switch my vote for Yera, leaving her in the Legion proper and switch Cham to the school since he has expertise in combat training AND espionage.
That would also free him up for covert Squad work.

gads
I think I need to revote!
lol

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I also quite like Yera, and the only reason I chose her to be bumped off the main team is because Cham is already there. But I also like your idea of having Cham in the Academy... if so, Yera would definitely be in my main team.

--------------------

Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
I tended to go with the young kids and retire some of the older characters. Colossal Boy and Violet are favorites of mine, so I kept them, but I showed the 3 founders, Mon-El, Chameleon Boy, Shadow Lass, Lightning Lass, Polar Boy, Night Girl, Blok, Black Witch and Sensor Girl the door. Harmonia has not impressed me either, so she got my boot.

I am looking for the newer characters to bring a fresh action to the Legion (maybe even Harmonia!). Others, such as Duplicate Damsel (new powers story, please!), Bouncing Boy, Comet Queen, M-E Lad, Quislet, etc. to bring new story excitement since they haven't been used so often in the past.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob-Em
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob-Em   Email Rob-Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I wanted to retire some older characters in favor of newer ones. One of the things I like about the 5YL Legion was that some characters moved on from super-hero adventuring to substantial, real world challenges like feeding the galaxy and running Brande Industries to help keep the galaxy's infrastructure from collapsing further. But... outside of the impending doom of Glorith, I haven't found any of the newbies interesting.
Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.