Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion Lost #12 Preview (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Legion Lost #12 Preview
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
At one point, back when Valor was the seeder of worlds, there was a panel showing Tellus' people as being a metahuman result of Dominator experimentation, IIRC.

That would be out of continuity now, of course, but the explanation may have stuck in the minds of TPTB.

I like Set's idea of adaptation, though.

But, really, none of the DC/Image characters are exactly like they used to be.
Marvel's either, for that mstter.
[No]

[ August 21, 2012, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
I do not believe that Tellus's race was ever thought to be products of Dominion experimentation on humans.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:
I do not believe that Tellus's race was ever thought to be products of Dominion experimentation on humans.

As far as I know, Tellus's people evolved normally in their methane world without any Dominion interference, although the worm guys in the globes with all the apostrophes in their names did nudge them into their first interactions with beings from outer space.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm pretty sure that Candle's right that there was at least one reference to Hykraius being a Gandian seed world, but I'd say it's the kind of thing that is best permanently and completely ignored as "chronicler's error".
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
I just ask that Woods remove that ugly, gaping '
neckline' from Dawnstar's costume.
HATE it!
[Frown]

Especially since the small strap across the front actually seems to cover her nipples and not the shirt.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
btw you know an issue is good when the thread has derailed in less than one page into a disucssion Dawnstar's costume and Tellus' random origin ...

[LOL]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Let's throw in Gates' disfigurement. I wouldn't mind it as much if they'd explained why and how it happened!

Click Here For A Spoiler
In any case, it was a decent issue with some promise of these weird plot threads being resolved - it seems Gates has seen into the future and knows how he'll die? Tyroc's "prophecy" is referenced, as is Yera's "treachery" and some more hints that Tellus knows more than he's letting on. So is Wildfire's impending death due to a faulty suit.

Compared to all those, the Wildfire-Dawnstar-Timber Wolf love triangle is the least of their worries!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Invisible Brainiac:

quote:
Let's throw in Gates' disfigurement. I wouldn't mind it as much if they'd explained why and how it happened!
I thought it was said to be a result of that explosion in issue # 1 in which they initially thought Gates and Yera had died.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, that's the implied cause. But some other Legionnaires asked over several issues where Gates went when he was "lost" over those issues, and Gates kept saying that was a story for another time. I'm thinking maybe his disfigurement may have something to do with that.

Besides that, some art in the early issues showed Gates' disfigured "claw" to have more fingers than his undamaged claw - making me wonder whether he had "evolved" somehow in the explosion.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I just assumed it was the Hypertaxis disease that made Gates look freaky.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
I kind of like Gates' new look. It just shows you that some battle scars do last. Gates is a fun character. I'm glad he's part of the team to provide some much needed humor to the book. Plus his powers sure do come in handy.
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Pete has stated on Facebook that he has been given the oK from editorial to return Tellus to his less-humanoid look. Unstated but sort-of implied is that it was an editorial mandate in the first place to make Tellus more humanoid, but who knows? I'm just guessing. Whatever the case, Pete has paid attention to what fans on LW's FB page have said, so that is great!

I read 12 tonight. The body-hopping was fun and I loved the last page. Good, but not great.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
Happy about Tellus, but I'm pretty sure that I'm dropping this title. Legion is only marginally better, but I have to support one Legion title (for now).

I'm not sure how a Legion book consisting of three of my favorite Legionnaies (Timber Wolf, Wildfie and Dawnstar) could be so boring, but it is. I admit -- part of it is TW's bland look -- but that started way back when Levtiz undid the Cockrum transformation. And it seems his super strength has been replaced with useless claws and a Wolverine rejuvenation factor.

But the villains, settings, plots -- basically everthing about the stories has been boring. I was enjoying Pete's artwork early on -- but even that has been kinda blah of late.

Maybe I'll check in again when the inevitable cancellataion notice is announced -- to see how they get the gang back to their proper place in the future.

Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
At least check out next month's #0 issue with the Timber Wolf spotlight if you are a T-Wolf fan. It "might" be an interesting read. I know I want to see what DeFalco will do with my favorite Legionnaire.
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
Like most of the other DC books I've been getting, I will be getting the #0 issue, but probably won't get #13 or beyond.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.