Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The Mineral People of Thanar! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Mineral People of Thanar!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought this important Legionverse race deserved their own thread, given that we've apparently never discussed them before!

Things Thanar is known for:

1) It is one of the Gandian worlds meant to serve as a buffer between Earth and the Dominion (per v4 Annual #2)!

2) They apparently invented a super-muscle flexing exercise mastered by Karate Kid (per SLSH #231)!

3) They once used their Super Moby Dick of Space attracting abilities to lure the Super Moby Dick of Space to their planet (per Adventure #332)!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
4) They are not really people made of minerals; they are jst really, really into mineral water?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I knew Eryk Davis Ester was behind this thread.

6) They are no match for the Starburst Bandits and their flaming steeds and/or mares!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Bah. I must be losing my touch. There was a time that posting this thread would have guaranteed someone scanning and posting pics of the mineral people of Thanar. Guess I'll have to dig out my own archives to remind myself what they look like.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Thank space!! I was *just* about to scan and post, now I can instead eat ice cream.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

*looks at space-watch*

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
My scanner was broken. What was your excuse?

In any event, they don't look very mineraly.

-

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Jeepers! No wonder I forgot what they looked like.

I wonder if the mineral people of Thanar can do anything more interesting than simply having mineral-flesh. Like maybe they can change their flesh to different minerals?

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
They probably export nutritional supplements.

But their architects appear to have mastered two-dimensional building design.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Maybe Super-Moby only wants to drop by for a visit. Why are they so sure he wants to devour them? Are they calling him FAT?

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Is that a white dwarf in the sky?
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

It might be a white dwarf, or it might be the Gigantic Blue-Cored Puffball Monster, a known predator of Super Moby Dicks.

And Lash has a point. Maybe Super Moby Dick just wants to nibble on one of Thanar's mountains and the Mineral People are getting hysterical for nothing.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
Is that a white dwarf in the sky?

Jeepers! I hope for the sake of the mineral people of Thanar that's not the same white dwarf Mon-El will later bring to Legion HQ!
Eryk Davis Ester

Here's the famous Lar Gand revealing the Secret Origin of the Mineral People of Thanar!

-

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

^ Look at all those potential threads!

I wonder if the Mineral-fleshed people have some connection with the Bizarros - it's the lines on their faces that suggest some evolutionary branch.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.