Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion-related November 2012 Solicitatons and Images (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Legion-related November 2012 Solicitatons and Images
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Put me on board for a story about the LL crew bouncing through the next 1000 years on their way home....so much more potential than this Generic Superhero Team #35 thing they've got goin' on at the moment...

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
Atari Force is, of course, a licensed property.
Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Atari Force was also a DC series that could be revived or visited if DC really wanted to go there. It might make an interesting marketing move if the idea were ever tried. If the Legion can team up with Star Trek, it can team up with Atari Force.
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MYG
Once a Legionnaire...always a Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MYG   Email MYG         Edit/Delete Post     
The main appeal of the Legion for me (at least in part) over the past 30 plus years has been their "stand alone" quality! I don't mind the "lost" aspect and not actually being in the 31st century, but enough with the cross overs with 21st century books I too have no intention of collecting!!! The Legion Lost characters could very well have been "lost" in a 31st century alternate universe and still have the "lost" quality story line(s)...probably even better! Time to bring them "home" before Lost gets cancelled. They don't belong in the 21st century!

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!!!

From: Sayreville, NJ | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmperor
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmperor           Edit/Delete Post     
Leave Yera and Timber Wolf in the 21st Century....send the rest of the team back to rejoin the Legion. Cancel this title and replace it with a Legion Acedemy series!
From: Southern Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Too soon to start shipping Element Lad and Chemical Kid? There seems to be a whole lot of mentoring going on, and curious minds want to know why Jan is so interested in 'educating young men.'

And we all know people are gonna start speculating on just why Chemica Kid was rejecting Dragonwing's advances way way waaaaaay back at the start of the series!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't mind if Chemical Kid is revealed to be gay, I just don't want Jan, in a mentor/teacher capacity to be using that position to have a sexual relationship with him.

Anything else is a betrayal of trust that can be incredibly damaging, gay or straight, imo.
[shrug]

I'd love to see the LOST run into the Wanderers/Legionnaires. Gates should decide to stay with them.
I don't want to leave Brin in the past, and I'd certainly like the group to pick up Drura and bring her with them on their journey to the future.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdpinball
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdpinball   Email jdpinball         Edit/Delete Post     
perhaps it has something to do with both of them having similar powers..hmmmm? [Smile] I'd actually like to see more of the seniors working with the freshman class. And it seem if Brainy is so intelligent he would design a system to create best case battle scenarios and be able to pick the best team for the needed job.
From: EARTH | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Chem Kid is a mess and most needful of what Jan can teach at a human level. Powers are secondary but also a convenient reason to write them together.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

It would be nice if Jan also tried to impart some of the Legion's code and values to Chem. Maybe try to give him an appreciation of the Legion's greatest accomplishments, and the legacies of the fallen (especially Chemical King)!

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
You know... a friendship between Chem Kid and Jacques might be interesting.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
He seems a long way from developing friendships to me, let alone any romantic relationships to anyone not disfunctional also.

Most people, my experience, either change slowly or due to personal disaster. I'm not sure just what would qualify as personal disaster to that character?

If I were to pick "one" Legionnaire to "adopt" him, I think it would be two, Ayla and Vi. They present a family to him, are strong willed, won't let him crap on the carpet, will teach him respect for others and have experience with self-centered lost puppies.

Since there is two of them instead of one, it would look more like family than mentoring. Their interest, they might see him as someone they can shape and raise up, maternal instincts I suppose. It might lead to some interesting dynamics when/if they have kids of their own.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Well Legio Lost definitely does not know where to go. This really is a sham of a series, which is sad cause it's featuring a whole bunch of really cool Legionnaires. But it is as it has always been: Travelling to the 20th (or now 21st) century to boost Legion sales just is not working...

As for the regular book, I'm not sure about all the new members. Certainly Levitz is trying hard to give the book some new drive with them, and sometimes, he succeeds. The problem is that this just does not leave enough space for all the other Legionnaires. Some of them have not been shown at all during the recent Dominator storyline, whereas he introduced even more new academy members to save the day ... that was a little bit over the top in my book.

Though the regular LSH book is way better than LL, it also needs to focus more on the core team. Once the lost team returns from the 21st century (which it probably will in January when their book is finally taken out of its misery), there will have to be a major shakeup of the Legion - otherwise we will be stuck with over 30 members [Eek!]

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
^^^I agree that introducing the two newbies was a bit pointless. It actually kind of makes me wonder if Levitz is just super super inflexible, had originally planned this story when he had access to Dawnstar and Tellus, and couldn't conceive of a way to write it without their powers.

Arguably, the newbies were both needed to drive the plot at various points. Mwindaji found Dreamy and Brainy in the first place (and Brainy's forcefield belt). Otaki was the one who explained that they could stop the other Dominator beasties from being a threat by stopping them from blooming. Outside of those points though, they made very little to no impact...and I don't see how those specific feats couldn't have been duplicated by any number of pre-existing characters. Hell, it might even have been a decent opportunity for Glorith to do something other than be a terrified kid fretting about how she doesn't really have any desire whatsoever to be there...

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
If I were to pick "one" Legionnaire to "adopt" him, I think it would be two, Ayla and Vi. They present a family to him, are strong willed, won't let him crap on the carpet, will teach him respect for others and have experience with self-centered lost puppies.

I like this idea. I think that, although Chemical Kid does seem to have grown up a bit, it's eays to forget how snotty, immature, arrogant and totally not-ready-for-the-Legion this kid was in the Legion Academy arc back before Variable Lad bit it. Vi and Ayla are just the ones to give him a whupping if he ever does get out of line.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.