Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion of Super-Heroes #13 Preview/Eventual Discussion (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes #13 Preview/Eventual Discussion
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
Comes courtesy of iFanboy.

Not a whole lot to go on here, but I felt there should be a thread about it.

From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for starting the thread, Jay Kay. Good to see ya being so active right off the bat!

Cos being the more stern leader seems (to me) a lot like his Preboot self, but his Postboot self (at least at the beginning) was more firm yet encouraging. Course, as time went on Postboot Cos also became more strict...

Element Lad taking Chemical Kid under his wing, and defeinding him to Cos yet giving Chem the "just shut up and agree" look right after seems "right" to me too.

As for Chemical Kid... ugh. Given how arrogant he was back in the Academy, his current characterization doesn't make me like him at all. He acts like a new kid with his head lost in the clouds, talks back, and just generally seems like an entitled young rich kid. Boo.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I was wondering about that--the Legion Academy stuff was one of the modern books I didn't pick up, but I would have thought if this guy graduated from it to the big league, he would be a lot less green than this.
From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

That's a big reason why a lot of fans are all up in arms over the newbies' inclusion (Chem, Glorith, Dragonwing, CQ and especially Harmonia) over arguably better students like Nightwind, Lamprey, Power Boy...

I bet they all slept with Rokk to get in! [Wink]

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
I bet they all slept with Rokk to get in! [Wink]

That would be a better story than what we got!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Maybe that's why Gravity Kid REALLY quit! Power Boy told him about Rokk's demands for sex - and he was so disgusted he didn't want anything to do with the Legion!

--------------------

jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
So a Brainy spotlight followed by a Cosmic Boy spotlight. I'm so glad we're getting to see more of these 2 under-utilized Legionnaires. I sure hope we get to see more of Garth and Imra soon! I think I've forgotten what they look like.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
I wouldn't say it's a Cos spotlight, there were plenty of scenes to go around. When's the last time we saw Tinya and Dirk work together (I always loved the scenes that would end with her throwing a drink at him)?

Not sure I like the new Persuader hooded look or the fact that the U.P. executed Tharok. Seems that there's a lot of backstory out the window with the Fatal Five after all. So now do we not only have Ferro's death with a question mark, but the circumstances of Blok joining as well, if all the Dark Man stuff didn't happen.

Other than that, I liked the issue. A good set of moving parts and a good selection of Legionnaires, even if a lot of them are carried over from the last arc.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought it was a decent issue connecting the dots between the last storyline and the next. The only bummer was the announcement for Legion Leader election excludes the Legion Lost members. With that title being cancelled I would think they'd be eligible now. Also surprised you have to mail in votes. That's so Stone Age. You'd think there be a place to text votes or hit like on a Facebook page or something!
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Maybe that's why Gravity Kid REALLY quit! Power Boy told him about Rokk's demands for sex - and he was so disgusted he didn't want anything to do with the Legion!

We need storylines like this in our lives. The legion has been sorely lacking in real soap opera melodrama lately. And I agree about Chemical Kid. I just keep imagining him as Condo and he just keeps falling short. He's not good enough at his powers to have as much attitude as he does.

*squee* Brainy spotlight. *squee*

From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I wasn't impressed by the preview pages of this issue at all, but I really enjoyed the full story! For once, it actually felt a bit like a "classic Levitz" issue, with a bunch of different subplots being touched on, and quite a few characters getting at least a moment in the spotlight. Lots of interesting little character bits, too. Especially enjoyed the scene with Nura and Lu.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Leather Wolf:
Also surprised you have to mail in votes. That's so Stone Age. You'd think there be a place to text votes or hit like on a Facebook page or something!

I wonder if there were problems with the online voting system last time. [Hmmm?]

It would've been nice if they provided a list of eligible members, though. I'm assuming my top choice, Luornu, is disqualified, despite being prominently featured in the last few issues.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Leather Wolf: Also surprised you have to mail in votes. That's so Stone Age. You'd think there be a place to text votes or hit like on a Facebook page or something!
In the online election, there were a ton of votes for Earth-Man, who is, from a narrative standpoint, pretty much the last person any of the Legionnaires would have voted for (save perhaps Shady, or the always unpredictable Quislet).

Perhaps Paul doesn't want to get written into a corner by this sort of thing (since it's easier for people who aren't fans of the Legion, or just want to 'stir stuff up' to click a button on an online poll, than it is for them to buy a stamp and mail in a vote).

As usual, I'll be voting for Ayla, Reep or Tinya. Someone who 'makes sense' to be considered for a leadership position, based on their activity and role and relationships within the team, and yet someone (unlike Rokk or Querl or Nura) who isn't already 'on-screen' 24/7 anyway.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Another dynamic Lightle cover. No complaints from me regarding the Kolins's interiors. I just miss Portela.

It's nice that Levitz is using small teams and mixing up their interactions a bit. I enjoyed seeing Rokk, Jan, and Hadru together. All seemed to be in character. Loved seeing catty Nura in her scene with Lu.

I agree, it would have been nice if a list of active members had been provided in conjunction with the election announcement.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdpinball
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdpinball   Email jdpinball         Edit/Delete Post     
I noticed that when Mon-el was discussing the situation with Wild Goose Chasing Team #2 he states: "If an attempt is being made to RECREATE the Fatal Five..." Recreate? Ok so I'm foggy on some more recent Legion history. (and this is beside the obvious it's a nu universe Legion) The EE is dead, and I guess Tharok was executed. Mano? So does this mean that the Legion has previously met the 5 and some major Legion history is intact or am I just being hopeful?
From: EARTH | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.