Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » Hi deanlegion! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hi deanlegion!
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
It's good to see Sketch Lad made it through the threshold!

Welcome! [Smile]

-

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Nightcrawler beat me to it!

No matter...HELLO, fellow Nura fan!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
What a great place this is.... I'm soaking in it!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Dean - hop on the Klown Kar and head for the Outpost section! Hope to see lots of your lovely drawings over there.
From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
One of his best works (it illustrates my story, so I'm biased {g}) is up there already -- see "If wishes were wings ..."

Hola Dean! Glad to see you here, amigo. Do feel free to share your works, we're counting on it, and some of those here aren't in the LMBP or LegionPics Groups.

If you need a quick and easy remote-linking host, see details in the "Image Wish List" thread, also in the Outpost.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
hey Dean !!

glad you made it here .... and isn't it such a cool place !!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Dean, good to see you here. This is a super cool hangout.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! May I say that it's even nicer that today is my birthday, so it's like a little gift to find a new Legion forum full of friends and cool stuff.

I'll figure out how to post images (thanks for the pointer Grey) and surely flood the joint. I ALWAYS get inspiration for drawings directly from discussions online.

LLL! [Lightning Lad]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry for being late but welcome to Legion World Dean! And Happy Birthday!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by deanlegion:
Thanks for all the warm welcomes! May I say that it's even nicer that today is my birthday, so it's like a little gift to find a new Legion forum full of friends and cool stuff.

I'll figure out how to post images (thanks for the pointer Grey) and surely flood the joint. I ALWAYS get inspiration for drawings directly from discussions online.

LLL! [Lightning Lad]

hey DEAN !!!

i hope you had a great birthday !!!

[Colossal Boy] [Chameleon Boy] [Saturn Girl] [Cool] [Roll Eyes] [Phantom Girl] [Lightning Lad]

the LEGION send their best wishes, also !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Happy Birthday, Dean!

-

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks everybody! This was the first time I was unhappy about a birthday. I'm 37 now. Most of the time, when I tell people my age, they think I'm somewhere around 30, so I feel pretty good about that. The thing is, I've put on some weight. I'm 5'9" and weigh 190. It's because I've been SO busy lately, and I tend to feed fatigue. I feed it bad things like fast food or too much meat or whatever. Anyway, I had to renew my driver's liscence and, well... my previous picture was pretty much the way I think I look (great!), my new picture is the way I really do look (kinda big) . It's a pretty dramatic before-and-after. This is all fairly vain, but really, it goes deeper than looks. It makes me question my direction in life, my goals. What happened to my earlier ambitions? It goes deep.

HOWEVER, rather than wallow around in self pity and doubt, I've begun hitting the gym again! Cardio and Nautilus machines! My biceps currently ache like HELL because of dumbells. So, I'm going the right way. My family is being very supportive and understanding. I had kind of a "breakdown day" on the 22nd, and the 23rd was a BLAST! Playing in the lake and had a sort of "last supper!" RIBS!!!! So, today, I'm back to my more focused goal of eating properly and working out. I'll go to the gym in a few minutes... but first I have to surf around this fantastic new (to me) LEGION mb, full of lots of cool stuff and great people!!!!
[Cool]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Calm Yo Tits
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calm Yo Tits           Edit/Delete Post     
I've always wanted to, like, start an LMB Dieter's Support Thread or something. I still think it is a via... viag... viabla... umm, do-able idea.
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by deanlegion:
My biceps currently ache like HELL because of dumbells.

That's okay, I pulled all the muscles in my upper arms the other day putting together an exercise bike. Now I feel like I'm not pushing myself hard enough because I can still walk after actually using it. [Wink]

Happy birthday and my sympathies on the diet.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, all I know is that I stopped working out when this board started -- now all I do is sit on my ass and post, post, post!!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.