Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » Hi deanlegion! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hi deanlegion!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
Well, all I know is that I stopped working out when this board started -- now all I do is sit on my ass and post, post, post!!

Same here and I do crazy crap like eat Chinese Buffet takeout and 15-foot long meatball sandwiches while posting.

That *can't* be good for me...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
[Homerdrool]mmmmmmmmm,15 foot-long meatball sandwiches.......[/Homerdrool]
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe LMB Detail should include some gym time for everybody. Healthy minds in healthy bodies sort of thing.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
This is becoming sort of like a wellness journal for me!
Thanks for all the responses, guys!

Lessee... I don't think I look very different since this all started, but I do feel different. Just a few days of using a treadmill makes a big difference in energy levels. I refuse to conform to any kind of packaged diet, but my plan is to eat less than before, and to cut out the obviously bad stuff. Again, in just the few days since I began to do this, I can feel the difference, and mostly, I don't feel GUILT!

One aspect of all this I find very important now that I'm publicly sharing it, is that this is all very personal. I am not trying to tell anyone else what they should or shouldn't do. I'm not judging anyone else on what they eat or what they look like. This is all about the way I feel about myself. I want changes to happen, and am luckily healthy and able enough to do it, and I am. Thanks for the support and good luck to anyone else on a similar quest! [Big Grin]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

DrakeB3004

Great to hear you're feeling the results already Dean. Consider this your healthy living support group -- cleaner living through posting. It keeps idle fingers busy (and away from snack foods) -- and if you do some ass clenches while sitting at the com, all's the better! Buns of steel by fall!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Just got back from the gym. I did the same thing I did a few days ago, but it felt way less difficult (not that it was easy..). That's SO a good thing....
[Colossal Boy]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Damn it... I'm going out for a jog!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Not gonna do any excercise today... but tomorrow, my wife and I are going to ride our bikes to her work, to see how treacherous it will be and to see how long it takes, so she can start biking to work on occasion. Hmmm... maybe I should bike to work, too...

The task then, today, is to not eat convenience food.... I am getting kinda hungry. [Wink]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
This is quite cool Dean. You've inspired me to...to....well, to check back here and see how you're doing.

Good show though! How much distance to work? Hills?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Drank kind of a lot on Saturday night, so the Sunday morning bike ride didn't happen. Somehow, I didn't eat a bunch of hangover comfort food on Sunday. It's a new me! The plan for Monday is to do a bunch of chores around the house, then go to the gym, then into the lake. It's s'posed to be really hot this week, so I wanna be in the water. All that time shirtless inspires me to keep working out! [Lightning Lad]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

This is the perfect check-in time, because I haven't focused very much on getting to the gym. Yesterday, Thursday was a pretty much BAD food day (McDonald's for lunch, too much Mexican food for dinner). It's great that this thread has turned into my own little fitness diary. I can see now, how easily within a week it is to fall off.

This weekend is all about staying home and getting those nagging projects done. Not too concerned about the gym. I'm sure I'll be checking in online, too, though!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

DrakeB3004

Not too concerned about the gym?? Famous last words .... [Wink]
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Wow! Can't believe it's been so many days since I posted on this thread!

I've been very busy lately, with home projects and social events and work. Nope, haven't been back to the gym in that time. My food choices have been okay, as opposed to very healthy or very un-healthy. Being so busy makes me tired, so exercising doesn't sound appealing at all. This is the regular dilemma.

Currently, my back yard is all torn up, and has a big pile of dirt in it, which I need to spread out and level off. This is major physical labor, and it's HOT out. This will be my workout in the next few days, for sure.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

DrakeB3004

Good hard physical labor is the best kinda workout there is -- just watch your back muscles and drink plenty of water! I'd probably work out more if it wasn't so boring.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.