Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » are you a COLOSSAL BOY or a SHRINKING VIOLET ? (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: are you a COLOSSAL BOY or a SHRINKING VIOLET ?
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
you certainly gave that a lot of thought !!!

but .... are you correct ???

Matthew, you tease! [Wink]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Stu:
quote:
you certainly gave that a lot of thought !!!

but .... are you correct ???

Matthew, you tease! [Wink]
yeah !!! i know it's fun [Evil] !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
okay .... it's time to tell you, if anyone was correct in guessing my height !!!

so am i a [Colossal Boy]

or a [Embarrassed] ...........

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
I'm not Lil Rhino, but I guess I should be Lil Nightcrawler since I'm only 5'7". [Frown]

there's nothing wrong with that height !!!

Matthew.

Certainly not. If fact - it's perfect.
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

well .... i can say, that you were all wrong !!!!

everyone thought i was at least 5'10 or over 6' !!!!

but i'm not !!!! i'm only 5'6 and a half inches .....

that makes me a [Embarrassed] !!!!

i think this thread has been really interesting, in seeing how people, see you .....

Matthew.

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
I'm not Lil Rhino, but I guess I should be Lil Nightcrawler since I'm only 5'7". [Frown]

don't worry GARY !!! i'm smaller than you !!!

Matthew.

Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I've heard that in the workplace, people equate height with power as far as males go a lot... basically, if a tall and a short man both go into an interview, the taller man has a psychological advantage over the shorter man. Since we often equate good physiques with strong masculine qualities as well, I think that was the connection with the perception of height in the way people "saw" you, Matthew.

I think a good clue would have been if you had let us in on your waist size, as shorter man usually have a smaller frame, and thus smaller hips. Still, it was interesting, and I'm not at all surprised, though I thought you were taller.

Now the REAL question is... what's your shoe size? [Big Grin]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
I've heard that in the workplace, people equate height with power as far as males go a lot... basically, if a tall and a short man both go into an interview, the taller man has a psychological advantage over the shorter man. Since we often equate good physiques with strong masculine qualities as well, I think that was the connection with the perception of height in the way people "saw" you, Matthew.

I think a good clue would have been if you had let us in on your waist size, as shorter man usually have a smaller frame, and thus smaller hips. Still, it was interesting, and I'm not at all surprised, though I thought you were taller.

that is quite interesting !!! i also think height plays a large role on perceived age !!!

many people are surprised to find out, i have just entered my 30's !!!

which is cool .....

Matthew.

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:

i'm a UK size 8.5 which is a 9.5 in the US .....

Matthew.

[ August 10, 2003, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: the boy with UltraPowers ]

Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

You're definitely very youthful looking, Matthew! [Smile] (Although there is an Ultra-Birthday coming up soon, is there not? [Wink] )
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Stu:
quote:

You're definitely very youthful looking, Matthew! [Smile] (Although there is an Ultra-Birthday coming up soon, is there not? [Wink] )
don't tell anyone !!! but it's all the Botox injections !!! that i have every 6 months [Wink] !!!

and yeah, my b'day is coming up [Big Grin]

Matthew.

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
i'm a UK size 8.5 which is a 9.5 in the US .....

Matthew.

Me too! And thanks Matt and Teeds! Wow, 5'6", hmmm...that's just how I like 'em. [Big Grin]

[ August 10, 2003, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
You're both colossal in my book.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I've always felt that it's not a man's height that's important... [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
I've always felt that it's not a man's height that's important... [Wink]

Absolutely, when you're lying down you can always adjust. It's just those awkward society page photos when one towers over the other.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.