Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » T H E - H A L F - ‘N - H A L F - S U R V E Y # 1 (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: T H E - H A L F - ‘N - H A L F - S U R V E Y # 1
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
What is your...

1 ...favorite cookie?

Oatmeal chocolate chip.

2 Which Legionnaire looks best in a cape?

Mon'el.

3 In high school you were known as the... (your high-school stereotyping.)

The loner, I suppose.

4 ...most disliked team or group in Legion history?

The Khunds ever really appealed to me.

6 What two Legionnaires do you most want to see have a romance?

Shrinking Violet and Timberwolf.

7 ...favorite science-fiction movie?

Star Wars.

8 The most noble or dumbest death in Legion history was... ?

Invisible Kid getting squished by Validus.

9 What’s the deal with your that weird non-Legion obsession of your’s?

Which one? I've always got at least three obsessions going at one time. [Smile]

The current biggest one is probably Wizardry 8, but that's because I can play a Legion party (well, almost) so I don't know if it counts.

10 ...favorite brunette Legionnaire?

Shrinking Violet

11 ...favorite salad dressing?

Thousand Islands is the default.

12 ...worst Legion romance ever?

Ayla/Brin, Ayla/Vi... Essentialy any romance with Ayla in it.

14 A day without visiting Legion World is like...?[\b]

...a couple extra hours of sleep. [Wink]

[b]15 Other than sex, your favorite physical activity is... ?

Physical? Like in moving around and stuff? ick

16 ...vegetable/food you hate the most?

Turnips.

17 Which supporting character that’s never been a Legionnaire would you like to see join the Legion?

Infectious Lass.

18 If the Legion of Super-Villains return, should they keep the same name?

Probably not, but I can't think of anything better.

19 ...favorite TV show of all time?

Gatchaman.

20 What number one thing would cause you to stop reading Legion?

Killing off several of my favourites.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Arachne:

Which one? I've always got at least three obsessions going at one time. [Smile]

The current biggest one is probably Wizardry 8, but that's because I can play a Legion party (well, almost) so I don't know if it counts.

And what, may I ask, is Wizardry 8?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't looked at anyone else's answers yet.

What is your...

1 ...favorite cookie?

my mom's frosted sugar cookies she makes every Christmas

Apparition

know-it-all

Legion of Super Rejects, man what a bunch of losers

5 ...favorite no talent celebrity?

not sure

XS & Cosmic Boy

Star Trek VI - The Undiscovered Country

noble - Karate Kid's suicide run into the powersphere
dumb - Karate Kid, Princess Projectra and chameleon at the end of Terra Mosaic

what? Taco Bell has plenty of nutritious vegetables in their food; I get my nutrients every day, so leave me alone.

Triad

1000 Island

Sean Erin & Jan Arrah

13 The best advice a friend ever gave you was... ?

stop stalking her, she doesn't like you

14 A day without visiting Legion World is like...?

I can't remember what its like

15 Other than sex, your favorite physical activity is... ?

basketball

olives

17 Which supporting character that’s never been a Legionnaire would you like to see join the Legion?

Nightwind

nope - Prince Evillo's Devil's Dozens sound much classier

Transformers (lets face it, they mean so much more as a kid then they do as adults)

if it were renamed LORI MORNING & FRIENDS

From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
What is your...

1 ...favorite cookie?

Oreos.

Tinya.
Runner-up: Garth.

Token underachiever in the clique of overachievers.

The Wanderers never did much for me, though I'm sure there must a group I disliked more.

No one comes to mind immediately.

Rokk and Jenni.

Planet of the Apes, maybe? Not really a big sci-fi fan...

Noble: Garth dying to save Imra from Zaryan.
Dumbest: The Gim "wish-fulfillment" scene.

Hey, if you met her, you'd be obsessed with her, too [Wink] .

Triad.

Ranch.

Cham and Ayla.

To be willing to cut people off who aren't conducive to my own happiness and to pursue friendship with people who are.

Something I'm going to experiencing very soon, most likely...

Probably soccer.

Tomatos.

Calamity King, of course.

Yes.

Green Acres. Yes, really.

Just getting bored with it. These boards really help to keep the interest alive, though.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Super Lad Kid:
What is your...

olives

Silly boy, how will we ever have martinis?
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
1 ...favorite cookie?

Double chocolate chip. (Always go for the hard stuff! [Big Grin] )

Male: M'Onel (natch!). Female: Apparition.

I was too busy reading comics to notice.

The Unkillables. Great name, lousy concept -- descendents of murderers and the like who looked exactly like their infamous ancestors. Huh?

Brad Paisley. Actually, he has lots of talent, but I just had to plug his hit, "Celebrity," which contains the line, "Do I have talent? Well, no."

I don't care. I'd like to see some new combinations, but no preferences come to mind.

Does Lord of the Rings count? OK, it's more fantasy than sci fi. I dunno ... Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan by default.

Noble: Live Wire
Dumb: Chemical King. I just never bought the self-pity.

Jefferson Airplane? In loyalty to their kind, they cannot tolerate our minds. In loyalty to our kind, we cannot tolerate their obstruction!

Male: Invisible Kid. Female: Triad.

French. Excuse me, Freedom.

Saturn Girl and Timber Wolf. It wasn't really a romance, just a momentary indiscretion. But, still, ick!

"Watch out for that car!"

A day in which I get a lot of other shit done! [Wink]

Swimming, working out.

Collared greens.

As with # 6, above, I'd like to see some new characters join, not new versions of old characters.

Yes.

Babylon 5

The voice of God.

[ August 10, 2003, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: He Who Wanders ]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:

You know, you really ought to know better than to ask someone about an obssesion. [Wink]

Wizardry 8 is a single player, science-fantasy CRPG, I got a couple of years but I didn't have much time to play it. The message boards for it are still surprisingly active, and apparently it's still for sale. (At a much lower price, of course. [Roll Eyes] )

It's the most customizable computer game I've ever seen in terms of party creation. You get to choose from 11 races and 15 professions, and there's lots of room for tinkering as you go along. Oh, and you get to choose between 36 voices with 100+ lines of dialogue, which is a lot of fun. [Smile] Unfortunately you can't customize the animated portraits.

As far as game play goes, I'm not far enough into it to really judge. The combat system is great, and requires lots of strategy, but I've only finished the starter quest so far, so I don't know about the long-term complexity. It sounds good. There's seems to be some interesting NPCs and puzzles, and negotiating between factions seems to be an important part of the game.

My party is made up of:

Timberwolf,a Felpurr Fighter. Felpurrs are feline not canine, but I thought the extra speed and agitlity made more sense for Brin.

Andromeda, a Dracon Valkyrie. Dracons can breath acid, and Valkyries have extended range, Priest spells and "Cheat Death" ability. And there's a portrait that's just perfect for Andy. [Smile]

Shrinking Violet, a Faerie Ninja. [Smile] Tiny, sneaky and dangerous. Just right for Vi.

Invisible Kid, Human Alchemist. He gets to play with chemistry and one of his "spells" can turn the whole party invisible. (At least it will when I get a hold of it.)

Braniac 5 , Gnome Gadgeteer. Gnomes are reclusive and gadgeteer's are really engineers who delight in inventing new things from whatever they come across.

Kinetix, Elven Bard. Bards are the parties archeologists, and the like to collect powerful enchanted instuments.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Arachne:
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:

You know, you really ought to know better than to ask someone about an obssesion. [Wink]

Wizardry 8 is a single player, science-fantasy CRPG, I got a couple of years but I didn't have much time to play it. The message boards for it are still surprisingly active, and apparently it's still for sale. (At a much lower price, of course. [Roll Eyes] )

It's the most customizable computer game I've ever seen in terms of party creation. You get to choose from 11 races and 15 professions, and there's lots of room for tinkering as you go along. Oh, and you get to choose between 36 voices with 100+ lines of dialogue, which is a lot of fun. [Smile] Unfortunately you can't customize the animated portraits.

As far as game play goes, I'm not far enough into it to really judge. The combat system is great, and requires lots of strategy, but I've only finished the starter quest so far, so I don't know about the long-term complexity. It sounds good. There's seems to be some interesting NPCs and puzzles, and negotiating between factions seems to be an important part of the game.

My party is made up of:

Timberwolf,a Felpurr Fighter. Felpurrs are feline not canine, but I thought the extra speed and agitlity made more sense for Brin.

Andromeda, a Dracon Valkyrie. Dracons can breath acid, and Valkyries have extended range, Priest spells and "Cheat Death" ability. And there's a portrait that's just perfect for Andy. [Smile]

Shrinking Violet, a Faerie Ninja. [Smile] Tiny, sneaky and dangerous. Just right for Vi.

Invisible Kid, Human Alchemist. He gets to play with chemistry and one of his "spells" can turn the whole party invisible. (At least it will when I get a hold of it.)

Braniac 5 , Gnome Gadgeteer. Gnomes are reclusive and gadgeteer's are really engineers who delight in inventing new things from whatever they come across.

Kinetix, Elven Bard. Bards are the parties archeologists, and the like to collect powerful enchanted instuments.

That just sounds too fun. I'll have to check it out closer when I have more time. I'm always looking for a decent computer RPG game. Thanks for taking the time to explain it.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
[QUOTE]Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
[QB] 1 ...favorite cookie?

Oatmeal Raison

Gates

poor

Nero, Hitler, Dillinger

The Hilton Sisters

Not a fan of Legion romances. They're rarely well written IMO.

King Kong is still a classic. That or Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein/

Noble: Ferro Lad
Dumb: Invisible Kid

Traveling allows me to meet many more people than I do day to day.

Triad.

I usually get the house for variety.

Gim and Violet before we found that she was Yera.

Don't get the pizza burger

????

Walking in the park or around a city, not just for exercise.

brussel sprouts.

The team is having enough trouble getting panel time, so none I guess. I tend to prefer the character actors anyhow, so more supporting characters is okay by me.

Yes.

Hill Street Blues

Continuous stretch of poor or disinteresting writing.

[ August 11, 2003, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: Blockade Boy ]

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 2 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
1 ...favorite cookie? chocolate-creme Oreo

2 Which Legionnaire looks best in a cape? why, Shadow Lass!!! She looks absolutely beautiful while cloaking with her cape....a mystery, indeed...favorite rendition by Keith Giffen.

3 In high school you were known as the... (your high-school stereotyping.) "that guy - he's always sleeping in class every day" that guy who bigmouthed to my co-worker whom we all went to the same high school...long story.

4 ...most disliked team or group in Legion history? Devils' Dozen huh? who are the others 6?

5 ...favorite no talent celebrity? None.

6 What two Legionnaires do you most want to see have a romance? Chloro (as a little chubby blond hirsute bear) and Stone Boy (as moustached and beefcake guy)...they do look perfect together! (yeah, in my dream)

7 ...favorite science-fiction movie? hmmm...Babylon 5...(sorry, had to pick which one - stargate, Star Trek, or Babylon 5)

8 The most noble or dumbest death in Legion history was... ? Noble - Monstress (sue me!) and dumbest - Magnetic Kid

9 What’s the deal with your that weird non-Legion obsession of your’s? drinking too much Mountain Dew...gotta cut down...or I will be in trouble.

10 ...favorite brunette Legionnaire? Star Boy

11 ...favorite salad dressing? Heirloom Tomatoes with Goat Cheese and parsley with either Olive Oil or Balsamic Vinegar. Ymmmmmmmmy!

12 ...worst Legion romance ever? Shrinking Violet and Sun Boy...What's Violet trying to do?? that was dumb!

I dunno....

seeing the Legion World in the sky - yearning to be there...

15 Other than sex, your favorite physical activity is... ? Sports (softball, football, tennis, basketball - yeah I spend a lot of time in locker room)

16 ...vegetable/food you hate the most? COFFEEE!!!! yuck! Yams, and Lima Beans...

Veilmist....Flederweb...Insect Queen (Lonna)...Phrenology lad...

18 If the Legion of Super-Villains return, should they keep the same name? better than "eLeSVeee"..so full name please.

19 ...favorite TV show of all time? oh...I dunno...probably Star Trek....

20 What number one thing would cause you to stop reading Legion? they better not! or else!

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Poverty Lad:
--signed, Left-Hand Mouse Adept [Big Grin]

[Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud]

Strangely, I switched the hand I did the other thing with, and still use my right hand for the mouse. This sounds like a poll to me.

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.