Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » LMB Comet (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: LMB Comet
Comet King
No 1 Tellus fan

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Comet King           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
If The Boy with Ultra Powers does indeed follow through with his resignation plans, then, according to the Bylaws of the LMB, the position of Deputy Leader would go to...

Me? Lets have a surprise write in shock vote!

--------------------
"What a total entropic mess! Let me at it!"

From: London, England | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Phantasma
Once Upon a Time

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Princess Phantasma           Edit/Delete Post     
Miss T. Seeks to Hire Reknowned Journo & LMBer Kent for the Comet!

[Princess Projectra] Hey, Kent! ANYTHING you would find in a newspaper is ideal matter for the Comet, including articles, features, editorials, adverts, classifieds, etc.

The Comet's goals are to attract posters to the MMB, educate lurkers and newbies, and provide entertainment for the masses. [Princess Projectra]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Orando | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Horrorscope for October 1

Gemini: You will come across a very large sum of money soon. Unfortunately, the cops will nab you two days later.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Phantasma
Once Upon a Time

Squid Center to Open Mon., Oct. 4

[Princess Projectra] by Princess Perfectra [Princess Projectra]

The Giant Squid Memorial Center for the Advancement of Alt-ID Culture is scheduled to open Monday, October 4th. All alt identities are encouraged to attend to support the new facility, and all LMBers are asked to appear as well to foster good relations among the two communities.

Chief of Security, Cobalt Kid, and his fellow Triumvir, Eryk Davis Ester, are scheduled among the speakers due to their involvement in the creation and construction of the center. Additionally, Space Ranger, the prominent spiritual leader of the alt community will be joining their new political liaison, Miss Terious, in leading the center.

Miss Terious was quoted as saying, "We've been researching the history of the alt-IDs in the hopes of finding a delegate to represent their ancestral origins, a figurehead of the people, by the people."

Cafe Cramer and SHAKES will be providing refreshments.

--------------------

From: Delegate of Orando | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Phantasma
Once Upon a Time

[Princess Projectra] Must be a slow news day. [Princess Projectra]

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
TRIUMVIR WINS BATTLE AGAINST INK STAINS

by Eryk Davis Ester, Editor-in-Chief

I am pleased to report that I have led my armies to victory over vile enemy forces.

As those of you who have obsessively memorized all of my posts no doubt recall, a few weeks ago two of my groovycool femme friends took me out shopping to help me choose an outfit for a special event. Part of the outfit included some rather stylish jeans.

Last week the jeans in question were invaded by the evil armies of Ink, who came hidden in the bowels of a faulty pen and struck suddenly and without warning, leaving large stains on my new jeans, damage I feared might be permanent.

Horrified by an enemy that would use such vile means to attack, I carefully researched the nature of my foe, looking for a weapon that might prove useful against them.

My research was not in vain, for I soon discovered that a generous soaking in hair spray (or straight methyl alcohol, which is the important ingredient) would be sufficient to loosen the hold of the opponent on the lands they had captured, such that their influence could be completely removed by a careful laundering.

I am pleased to report that this strategy was succesful, and the evil of ink stains has been almost completely banished from my hip new jeans.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Phantasma
Once Upon a Time

Squid Center Opens Today

[Princess Projectra] by Princess Perfectra [Princess Projectra]

The Giant Squid Memorial Center for the Advancement of Alt-ID Culture opens today and all LMB Posters and their alts are encouraged to attend. The new political ambassador of the community, Miss Terious, will be present with her Legion of Alt-IDs. Also, Space Ranger, the spiritual leader of the Alts is scheduled to attend. Both Cobalt Kid and Eryk Davis Ester, as chief financial supporters of this institution, are scheduled to speak.

Miss T. was quoted as saying, "We have some surprises in store for the public. After all, the Children of Psyche are nothing if not diverse."

The Center was named to honor the famous Alt, Giant Squid, who sacrificed himself during the Dark STU Saga. "Though I never met Giant Squid," said Miss T., "his sacrifice will forever be remembered. In fact, I hope that all of the accomplishments and struggles of LMB Alts will be addressed today."

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
THE VALUE OF ALT-IDs, a commentary by Fat Cramer

Alt-IDs have been a vital part of the Mission Monitor Board since its inception, and have made occasional forays into other fora. (Editor?)

Sometimes regarded with suspicion, sometimes with confusion and more often with an affectionate, embracing welcome, the alt-IDs among us perform many valuable services.

They revive near-forgotten secondary characters from Legion history.

They allow a poster to assume and experiment with different voices for expression of ideas.

They reflect the multiple aspects of our own personalities.

They remind us that we are, at heart, Homo ludens, man the player (and woman, too, Thora!).

Alt-IDs provide us with a break from the often too serious, too dreary reality of everyday life, with its responsibilities, cares and uncertainties.

Our cyber personalities may be closer or further from our real-world selves, but we are all adopting some degree of alt-ID by the simple fact of changing our names when we enter Legion World.

It should be acknowledged that with great alt-IDs come great responsibility. Be kind to our alt-IDs and may we use our alt-IDs to be kind to others!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Dear Editor,

I'd like to say that Fat Cramer's 'The Value of Alt IDs" was an excellent peace and very heart-warming to hear. Give her a raise!

-C

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
SHAMELESS HUSSIES COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROGRAM

In an effort to give back to the community just a little of what it has taken, and to broaden its clientele base, SHAMELESS HUSSIES BAR has announced that it will be holding sketching and painting classes Saturday mornings thorughout the fall. SHAMELESS HUSSIES dancers will take turns modelling for the classess which will be taught by illustrious LW artists, it is rumored. As a special treat, STU may even model one Saturday in November. Sign-ups start tomorrow.

[ October 04, 2004, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Semi Transparent Fellow ]

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Dear Editor,

I'd like to say that Fat Cramer's 'The Value of Alt IDs" was an excellent peace and very heart-warming to hear. Give her a raise!

-C

We here at the Comet are very proud of Fat Cramer and the rest of our wonderful staff!

--Ed.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magnetic Boy
Rokk 'N Roll

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Magnetic Boy           Edit/Delete Post     
Miss T. Awarded for Humanitarianism

[Cosmic Boy] by Kid Magnetic [Cosmic Boy]

Miss Terious was recently awarded a medal of humanitarianism for her efforts with the childrens' wing of Medicus Two and her work with the children of the Legion World Orphanage.

In addition to her benevolent acts of volunteerism, Miss T. runs several successful businesses including the Medicus Two hospital world, McCauley's Drive-Thru World, her virtual art at the Watercolor Memories gallery, and the LMB Comet.

She also is a charter member of the Alt-ID Trinity which guides the future of the Alt community and has recently opened the Giant Squid Memorial Center for the Advancement of Alt-ID Culture.

Her philanthropic contributions include supporting the Our Sister of the Breasted Virgin order of space nuns.

Miss T. was quoted as saying, "Excuse me. I'm late for an appointment with a drink at SHAKES."

[ October 05, 2004, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Kid Magnetic ]

--------------------

From: Delegate of Braal | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
KEANE - Hopes And Fears

A vocal/keyboards/drums trio from England, where this record topped the charts,
they’ve been getting some attention in the States as well. Friends of Coldplay, a band keyboardist Tim Rice-Oxley almost joined, these guys specialize in gloomy pop songs about heartbreak, depression, and the other usual suspects, topped off by Tom Chaplin’s overemotive vocals.

A band like this rises and falls on the strength of its songwriting, and Keane could
use a little more work on that front. Too many of these songs are samey and lack memorable melodies, though the electronic flourishes throughout are interesting. When it all comes together, on the opening single “Somewhere Only We Know” or the epic closer “Bedshaped” (where Chaplin reminds me of Jim Kerr of Simple Minds), you get an idea of what Keane could be with a little more effort. File under “Promising, But Not There Yet” and hope these guys can someday find their own Gwyneth Paltrows.

With a half-point deduction for a distinct lack of Mellotron, I give this record a 6.5 out of 10.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I need someone out covering the Homecoming Dance, pronto!

And get pictures!

Eryk Davis Ester

Jillikers! Do we even *have* a photographer?
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.