Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » The Statue of Future, Bright Young Superstar of Legion World! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Statue of Future, Bright Young Superstar of Legion World!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Future roowels!
He's totally kewl!
Don't agree?
A kick for you
in the family jools!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Threesome Girl
3-Delusional

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Threesome Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Abin Quank:
Hey, who covered the statue with LMBP Bumper Snickers? Prolly Viv from where that one is placed!

[Triad] Oh, you must mean the bumper sticker that says "Poppin' Hotties!"

It is on a rather suggestive area of the statue.

A hearty and heartfelt congratulations to Future. A magnificent addition to Statue Row. [Triad]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Carggg | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
A great addition to the LW Statues! May Future embody our future!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Kewl! Congratulations! This makes a great addition to LW!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Another great pice of art, and a wonderful subject.
Now if I can only get him to tell me the winning lottery numbers?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Another fine addition to Legion World's famous statuary! Congratulations, Future!

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
*choke* Thank you, Legion Worlders! I'll try my best to continue deserving such an honor!

...until then, will someone mind helping me take those Teeds' bumper stickers off my shins?

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Congrats Future! Its a great looking statue (thought you might want to take that bumper sticker off your bum)!
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Congrats Future! You deserve it!

The statue, I mean, not the kicks in the shins.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The Story Behind "Superstar":

So back in the days when Lardlad and I were conspiring to make folks think that we were the same person, Lardy forwarded me part of an e-mail from Lash where he'd sussed out my identity. One of the lines in it said something like: "EDE just kind of showed up and became a superstar". I thought it was so cool to be thought of as a "superstar" by Lash. So when Cobie and I were thinking of epithets for the statue, it just seemed obvious to kind of pass the title on to Future, so to speak.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Very cool! I love hearing about this infamous email from Lardy to fool Lash [Big Grin]

I also thought superstar was a good name when EDE mentioned it, although for another quirky reason. For some reason, I couldn't get the image of an old DC house ad from the early 80's out of my head, with Firestorm on it, talking about 'rising superstars' in the DCU, and how for some reason I equated Future to being our Firestorm--new, but fits it perfectly with the previous bunch. Once the image was in my head, it stuck.

Maybe Future needs a Firestorm avatar? (Hell, I'll take one...Firestorm's first costume is one of the best superheroes ones of all time IMO).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Fooled? Moi? Bah! I made the Eryk/Lardy connection and I stand by my detective work!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

'Sides, Lardy's kind of a has-been now. Eryk's the nova-star to Lardy's eclipsed sun. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I gotta run, but I just wanted to put the KP stamp of approval on this thread! Future's one of the greatest newer posters around, and certainly incredibly deserving of a statue (and I PROMISE to have more Transformers profiles up soon!)

Gotta go! See y'all later!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
In his honor, I have written a crappy parody for Future of Santa Baby:

Future Baby

Future baby, slip a sable under the tree, for me
I've been an awful good girl
Future baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight

Future baby, an outer-space convertible too, light blue
I'll wait up for you dear

Think of all the fun I've missed
Think poor Cobie, who I didn't kiss
Next year I could be oh so good
If you'd check off my “Goodie” list
Boo doo bee doo

Future honey, I wanna yacht and really that's
Not a lot
I've been an angel all year

Future cutie, there's one thing I really do need, the deed
To a platinum mine
Future cutie, and hurry down the chimney tonight

Future baby, I'm filling my stocking with a duplex, and checks
Sign your 'X' on the line

Come and fill my special things
With some decorations bought at Tiffany's
I really do believe in you
Let's see if you believe in me
Boo doo bee doo

Future baby, forgot to mention one little thing, a ring
I don't mean a phone

Hurry down the chimney tonight
Hurry down the chimney tonight

(Spoken)
Come get you cookies and milk

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.