Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » The Miss Terious Statue (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Miss Terious Statue
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Watch it change from post to post...

One minute a Flirty Female looking coyly(?) over her shoulder...

The next a brawny lumberjack type male...

Sometimes mysterious and sometimes surprizing...

But, ALWAYS ENTERTAINING!

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myriad
The One Woman Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myriad           Edit/Delete Post     
[Love] Oh, Abin! [Love]

You're so sweet - but your beautiful gesture will soon develop into a running argument between you and CK and EDE. This statue is not considered "official" under the eyes of the Triumvirs and by erecting an unofficial statue I will probably be blacklisted from ever having an official statue.

Of course, having said that, they may declare my statue an exception. I'm really not sure.

Official, shmofficial, she has a nice rack (like me!)

I'm touched by your gesture, Abin, but, truthfully, there are more deserving LMBers. I'm only 3 months old or so. Perhaps we can turn it into a holo-display (like the one from Gail's FNBR arc) showcasing my Alt-IDs and move it to the Squid Center site.

Would that satisfy all parties?

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: All Possible Locations | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Second best statue ever!

[ October 21, 2004, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myriad
The One Woman Legion

Sweet man!!! [Love]

--------------------

From: All Possible Locations | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank

[LOL]

Me? ARGUE with Cobie and EDE?

Yeah, Like thats gonna be something NEW...

Well, maybe arguing with EDE would be new...

[ROTFLMAO]

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myriad
The One Woman Legion

Well, I certainly don't mind watching you annoy CK and EDE (it amuses me greatly! *tee hee*), but I do feel strongly that there are more deserving LMBers. I'll get a statue one day (but this is the tribute I'll remember fondly).

But, seriously, Pov, Lou, STU, Semi, Vee, Quis, Viv, VU, Mearl - just to name but a few - all deserve statues. They've put much more time into Legion World than I.

But you are a sweetheart to think of me, Abin! [Hug]

Don't tell Pagan - [smooch] *tee hee*

--------------------

Abin Quank

If you want to change the statue, go ahead and try, it's infinately variable.

But, messing with it could have some unforseen consequences...

Like Cobie's head on your body (shudder)...

Or you wearing a Lil' Nelly Cap... [Razz]

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

Myriad
The One Woman Legion

What about a compromise, Abin?

The Statue of the Venusian Posters - Celebrating the Ladies of the LMBP!

A statue to honor not only myself but Caroline, Viv, Pagan, Cramey, Belinda, Mearl, Eishuu, Teeds, Shady, Gina Robotgirl, mechana, Gail, Crue, and all the other women of Legion World.

Surely, you can see the beauty in such a statue?

Girl Power! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, the Statue Committee only has jurisdiction over the publicly displayed statues. Any private citizen can have statues on their own property. The gardens of the Psyonian Embassy feature statues of several of my favorite LWers, and were created by renowned Psyonian sculptor, Michelangela. [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myriad
The One Woman Legion

Oh, okay. I certainly can't (nor would I want to) stop Abin from building a statue of me on his own private property. I'm one of his muses! *tee hee*

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Is this statue on Abin's property then? Because if it's on the property of the Real Estate offices of Ester, Greybird, Cobaltus, Jectra and Spiffany (which 84.6% of Legion World is), we have the right to tax it!

Me and Abin argue? Perish the thought [Big Grin] I get along better with my friends Space Ranger and Stoopid Cat [Smile]

EDE and I like to plan a statue about once a month, with occasional others thrown in (we're currently planning the next one). We have a whole bunch of people we're planning on getting to!

If I wasn't being all celibate and stuff, I'd probably say something like "nice rack on that statue" though! [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
While of course anyone *can* create their own statue of themselves or anyone else they like, I would just like to mention that, at least most of the time, the Statue Committee does put some thought into who should be selected for each statue. It's kind of our way of saying thanks or spotlighting someone who has come to our attention for their contributions to Legion World. It does, however, kind of dilute the point of trying to honor people if others are posting statue threads.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
While of course anyone *can* create their own statue of themselves or anyone else they like, I would just like to mention that, at least most of the time, the Statue Committee does put some thought into who should be selected for each statue. It's kind of our way of saying thanks or spotlighting someone who has come to our attention for their contributions to Legion World. It does, however, kind of dilute the point of trying to honor people if others are posting statue threads.

All kidding aside, EDE and I really do put a lot of thought into making statue threads and reasons for doing them. For example, Future's statue thread was created because we thought he was an inspiration to people who might be overwhelmed by the MMB at first but are considering jumping right in.

Obviously, there are tons of people to get to, and we will. We like to do it once a month to make it special.

When I created my third statue a few weeks ago, it was purely a joke, and I was eagerly awaiting Abin, Pov or Reboot to do something to it--they usually make me laugh. I got a kick outo of Lash locking the thread.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Second best statue ever!

Lash sure does love that unofficial statue of Large Handsome!
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
I must remember to put a chamois in my back pocket. Each day when I pass by this statue on my way to SHAKES, I'll give it a little shine so that it always sparkles, just like Miss T's personality.

(sometimes maudlin me just has to break free)

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.