Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » Bah! I'm going for a jog! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Bah! I'm going for a jog!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I've been indoors too long.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
*choke*

Be careful! It's a crazy world out there!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Tonight's patrol of the city was all quiet!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagz
5 of 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagz   Email Beagz         Edit/Delete Post     
Glad to hear things are quiet.

They are here, too.
(Wes, Shadow and I all went out on patrol - but we didn't jog - we walked so as not to scare the perps!!!)

--------------------
You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.

From: Aggieland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 2 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
The view from the 7th floor tells me all is quiet in my city tonight;

I had considered going out on patrol, especially since I have a hot new haircut, but have instead decided to stay in with the pot of Weight Watcher's soup I have simmering and the $95* worth of comics I bought today.

*And this *still* wasn't enough to clear my pull-bag... the final 2 issues of the HYPERION mini and TOMORROW STORIES SPECIAL # 2 had to be left behind, along with the SUPERMAN FAMILY Showcase. Stupid expensive comics!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I havent been jogging in months. I don't own any cold weather jogging gear and by the time it got warm enough I had hurt my foot. But I do take these patrols that take me to long deserted industrial sites.

The spring hiking season is well underway though. I took a wrong turn last weekend, and got lost. Funny how that can happen in an urban environment. I knew all was well when i climbed a steep grade and emerged about 50 meters from Starbucks.

[ April 07, 2006, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Tamper Lad ]

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I used to jog all the time (I once was able to jog 5 miles a day, back when I was a young stud/freshman in college and was in hella-good shape), but work doesn't allow me that anymore. I run on the treadmill at the gym during lunch now instead (I lost a TON of wait--been meaning to update the dieter's thread, but was waiting to unleash my good news when I hit a specific milestone).

I absolutely love to hike. There's some nice areas around here, but I suspect you might have better ones in Canada Tamper (despite random starbucks 50 meters from your super-hero patrolling in the high Canadian mountains). Hiking is one of the most relaxing and peaceful things you can do while having a great workout at the same time.

Last time I went for a hike, Connecticut's governer was forced to resign b/c of criminal charges. Coincidence? You just think that...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I just started jogging regularly again after not doing so for the past couple of years. It's amazing just how out of shape I've gotten in the meantime. So my jogs are tending to be more along the lines of alternating between walking and jogging. But I'm finding I wake up in the morning with a lot more energy if I've jogged the night before, so it's really good. Plus, I spend so much time during the day in front of the computer, it's nice just to force myself to get outside for an hour.
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
I knew all was well when i climbed a steep grade and emerged about 50 meters from Starbucks.

50m from a Starbucks??? That could be just about anywhere, though... [Wink] [LOL]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brainiac 5
Cobalt Kid's Spell-Checker and Pain in the Rear

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brainiac 5   Email Brainiac 5         Edit/Delete Post     
Walking up 12 flights of stairs carring welding and burning equipment, and then welding for an hour on a 600 degree stove is enough exercise for me, thanks.

--------------------
There's room for all God's creatures...right next to the mashed potatoes!

From: the Detroit multi-lab | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

My Dad was a machine mechanic for 20 years (which included a great of welding) and from he used to tell me, it certainly is enough exercise!
Tamper Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm pretty much confined to the city these days. I love exploring weird buildings around town though. There some interesting terrain in the ravines that the city owns for flood control.

There's some nice trails about an hour from the city. Runs along the Niagara escarpment (the cliff that Niagara falls runs over). I think they trail runs for 500 miles. I've taken to short bits of it. The part near Niagara you can look down and see the wineries and fruit orchards in the valley.

Nothing was as fattening as an office job and living in the suburbs. When I moved back to school to do Grad school I lost like 20 lbs in 3 months just because of the change in lifestyle. And now I'm in the city and its different as well.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Tamper, I didn't realize you were so near Niagara. About 6 months before you joined the boards, half a dozen of us had a LW/LMB Niagara meet-up which was pretty fun (Poverty Lad, Faraway Lad, Gigglebot Girl, Kent Shakespeare, Loser Lad and myself).
Tamper Lad

Well I know Loser is in the Buffalo area. That area of upstate new york is the butt of endless jokes on this side of the border.
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I *shoulda* gone outside at some point today, but I was too lazy....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.