Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Legion World -- good or bad? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion World -- good or bad?
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Turn Legion World into a mobile homebase, I say.

Doesn't threshold technology kinda negate the necessity of a mobile homebase?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know if it's good or bad but, I do know it's too big. You could merge the LSH with the JSA, JLA, The Teen Titans, The Outsiders & the French Foreign Legion and not run out of space.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the explanation Drake. I've never been much of a GL reader except what's in JLA and other books.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Have I got to get that Sourcebook! Even if it is pre-boot, there seems to be a lot of base material there. Wonder if the writers use it or just "start fresh"?

FC give me a couple of weeks to look through my stuff (since most of it is in storage right now) and I may have an extra of the 2nd Sourcebook.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Let me add my voice to the chorus calling for more use of Legion World. I've missed a few issues here and there since it's introductions but what I have read hasn't strayed off of the command deck/Legion living quarters/Threshold access level in any significant way. It might have been cool to see Sensor and Shikari try to lose their pursuers by fleeing through levels representing different planetary environments instead of everything happening on Command/Threshold levels. Is there a deck simulating Daxam, complete with simulated "Red Sun" environment? Why not run through there to try and shake off M'Onel?

I will also go along with the idea of using a Secret Files issue as a means to exploring LWorld too. I think a POV story from one of the nameless masses we see would be interesting. Is all interplanetary U.P. shipping being routed through LWorld? How do other member planets feel about the seat of interstellar commerce being located in the orbit of the Galaxy's most frequently invaded plantet, Earth? Who is cutting the checks for keeping the place up? Do any of the Legionnaires keep their quarters on their home planet's level instead of wherever the Legions quarters are? It seems pretty certain that Jeka isn't staying on the Orando level (if there is one) presumably due to her discomfort over her new appearance.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.