Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LegionPics now tagged "adult" by Yahoo! Groups (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: LegionPics now tagged "adult" by Yahoo! Groups
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll ask my provider today about getting another site up. And the registration for LegionPics.net is supposed to be free. He offers it with each site and since I haven't had to take advantage of that part yet for my first two sites I don't see an issue here.

I'm also going to go through this weekend and get as much archived as I can. I posted as such to the group last night after the 5th or so spam mail I received. My only problem is I have a dial up at home and since the designation of LegionPics to adult I can no longer access the site from work. So any help we can get to archive what is left will be great.

Dean, once we have everything ready and I have us a site, we'll start talking more in depth about layout.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Just a quick update. My provider has secured the url www.legionpics.net for our use. It should be active later tonight or tomorrow early and I'll put up a place holder page until we are ready. Anyone have any ideas for the place holder?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
I think any of the large group portraits would be a good enough placeholder for now. This is all happening so fast! Thanks again to all you dedicated Legion fans for your efforts.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveLightle
15 minutes and counting ...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveLightle   Email SteveLightle         Edit/Delete Post     
I love the idea of establishing a permanent website home for LegionPics. Those images certainly deserve a proper archive.

As for Legion- United Planets lacking direction ... That is due to a couple of factors. First and foremost, as list owner, my desire was to create a forum for those that enjoyed a LegionPics style of interaction. My moderators (Glen Cadigan and "Greybird") and I, have decided to keep a low profile. We don't want to impose a "direction" on our friends and fellow members.

The other factor is that, due to an attempt to keep out the spammers that have plagued LegionPics, new members and initial posts are requiring moderator approval. This is slowing down our start up, but should soon be cleared up. It's a precaution that causes us extra work, but it's a service to our members.

Steve Lightle

PS: I want to thank my LEGION-UP moderators for being such a great help. I have a limited amount of time to spend on Legion forums, as I am currently inking another issue of LEGION. Thanks guys!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by SteveLightle:
PS: I want to thank my LEGION-UP moderators for being such a great help. I have a limited amount of time to spend on Legion forums, as I am currently inking another issue of LEGION. Thanks guys!

Steve, you tease! Would this be a different issue than the one hinted at with Keith Champagne?
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Steve, if it'll help you getting us more beautiful Lightle Legion art, I'll personally come over to mow your yard, or fetch your pipe and slippers, whatever!
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you, Scott, for forging ahead with getting LegionPics.net secured ... it's an excellent start. You'll have many of us willing to help, I'm sure, especially with mining the old Group for material and (re)creating a gallery.

Steve Lightle's appreciation about our helping him with LegionUP is itself much appreciated. I see a useful place for such a general-interest Group that Legion fans can find and join amidst other Yahoo! Groups, to build on that easy-to-use interface, and to have a place to stop and chat up Legion matters. I know I do so when bouncing among my own selections of philosophy, literature, graphics, and politics Groups.

LegionUP will find its own direction and emphasis, certainly, and we'll help avoid dashing it on the spammers' and others' rocks while its members work out how to do so.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.