Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » *ONE* preboot character (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: *ONE* preboot character
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
If you could bring one and only one preboot character into the postboot, exactly as they were from any era -- either someone who hasn't been rebooted or to *replace* someone who has been -- who would you choose?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh sure - give us an easy question!

Of the three that I have become most interested in - due to people here - Infectious Lass, Calamity King and Dawnstar - I'd go with Infectious Lass, but it is one tough call.

Her powers, history and look are unlike anything we have in the current Legion. I would think even the Legionnaires might be a bit frightened or worried about her. Lots of political squabbling could emerge. Would people trust that she was controlling her powers? She and Lyle could strike up a great friendship, he's the biochemist and she's the walking laboratory - or petri dish. Or maybe she wouldn't welcome his interest - you only love me for my microbes! If there was an epidemic, she'd be the first one to be blamed. It could make for a lot of interesting stories.

(And I'm assuming that her appearance as a child in Legends doesn't count.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Dr. Mayavale!

...and I actually think I may be serious about that!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Dr. Mayavale!

Relax, take a deep breath and count to 100... it should pass, EDE.

If it doesn't, seek medical attention.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
The White Witch, in her Levitz-period incarnation.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Dr. Mayavale!

But instead of past lives, he can claim to have been in alternate realities, and be seen as a madman spouting about some "pre-boot universe", asking Cham, Nura and Val "Don't you remember me? We were on a subway train together in deep space!"

Yeah!!!! I'm starting to buy into this...

But Ditko's not allowed to draw the story! With all due respect, his style just doesn't fit the 31st century.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Condo Arlik as Chemical King (or Catalyst for a code name now) and get rid of the pretender to his throne, Kid Q II.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd have to go with Blok. I miss the big guy!
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
quote:
Dr. Mayavale!

But instead of past lives, he can claim to have been in alternate realities, and be seen as a madman spouting about some "pre-boot universe", asking Cham, Nura and Val "Don't you remember me? We were on a subway train together in deep space!"

Yeah!!!! I'm starting to buy into this...

But Ditko's not allowed to draw the story! With all due respect, his style just doesn't fit the 31st century.

Yeah! Someone else who buys into it!

And I have still haven't given up on my "Mayavale is the real villain" theory. Note the special interest Universo seems to be taking in Nura this issue. Perhaps a lover from a past life?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
Sun Boy as Sun Boy (same name, powers, and costume.)
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
One? Need you ask? My sister, naturally.

(Though I'd like to see a host of others -- Blok, Lamprey, Nightwind, even Infectious Lass with a more compact name.)

I wouldn't want Dawnstar to replace anyone, though, and certainly not Shikari. Contrasting talents have a place, though they're unlikely to be seen very much if the writers don't get away from the "Every Story Arc An Epic" mindset.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Omni Craig:
[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
[qb] Dr. Mayavale!

And I have still haven't given up on my "Mayavale is the real villain" theory. Note the special interest Universo seems to be taking in Nura this issue. Perhaps a lover from a past life?

Well, that certainly is a possibility. He was a man of many talents as well as many arms. Perhaps you could start a "Friends of Mayavale" society. Everyone in curly wigs.
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Oh sure - give us an easy question!

Yeh, notice I didn't answer it myself? [Wink]

I just wanted to think about it a bit. It's very tempting to say Wildfire and wipe out that horrible new origin, but DnA have effectively swept it under the carpet and I basically like the character now anyway. The change wouldn't be that great a difference at this point. I'm also tempted to say Dawnstar, but honestly I really only liked her for the romance she had Wildfire and bringing her back wouldn't guarantee that's what would happen again.

I find that I'm more inclined to turn the clock back on someone who went through a huge change and was damaged even more than Wildfire by the reboot. Not even a Legionnaire:

The Emerald Empress (Sarya) -- She was a great villain, great visual, great character, the eye was powerful, kinda bizarre and creepy and mysterious -- it didn't whine like a co-dependent schoolgirl. Sarya had a regal air that fit the name Empress. The current knife-happy psycho doesn't come close.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb
Member of Lash's Legion of Super Bitches

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caleb   Email Caleb         Edit/Delete Post     
Guess who I would pick....

C'Mon GUESS!!!

--------------------
Bring Back Tellus :tellus:

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
DnA are slowly "fixing" most of my complaints, Sneckie, Ferro...

Sarya is a great choice and if two votes would make it happen, that would be my selection also.

I thought maybe Cobbler Boy was better Pre-Boot than Re-Boot, especially after shoeing Validus, but CB really doesn't see much action.

That does bring up the other CB, Collso, Colloso... Big Giant Boy and LaViathon. Which to choose? Vi they can still fix.

Gim Allon.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.