Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » *ONE* preboot character (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: *ONE* preboot character
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I DO have a bizarre fascination with X-Bomb Betty, now that I think about it!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kid chaos

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kid chaos   Author's Homepage   Email kid chaos         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Condo Arlik as Chemical King (or Catalyst for a code name now) and get rid of the pretender to his throne, Kid Q II.

Yeah, I'd like to see Chem back, too. He had a lot of potential(sp?)

But what does Condo have to do with Kid Q? His powers seem more like Element Lad's than hers.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by braalian:
But what does Condo have to do with Kid Q? His powers seem more like Element Lad's than hers.

Chemical King had a tendency to accelerate the chemical reactions in something, causing it to "age" prematurely and fall apart. Kid Q does kinda the same through temporal manipulation rather than chemical.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I couldn't even begin to limit my choice to "one and only one." But to try and keep it pared down as much as possible:

SUN BOY: I have NEVER understood why the editors and creators felt Dirk should be excluded from the reboot. I like to see the version that is out there already in the current continuity join.

COLOSSAL BOY: I have never reconsiled myself to Gim's death. The Legion needs it's big bear scout. I'd like to see the Legion meet a Legion from another reality, and in the resultant team-up have that universe's Colossal Boy get trapped in the reboot universe and join the team.

TYROC: Tyroc hold a special place in my heart as my first Legion comic was Superboy & the LSH #218, the issue where he joined. Still, I do not think that he could come over exactly as is. The character would have to be reworked to lose some of the "angry black man" traits and also, possible, to re-imagine the sonic powers.

THE SUBS: I would really like to see the SUBS, whose existance as a team has only been intimated this far, FINALLY, make an appearance.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
DnA have done good 'fixing' a lot of characters that I would have preferred had their preboot personalities, particularly Nura and (from what I can tell so far) Ferro.

I'd go with good old Mysa Nal, the White Witch, from Levitz's Baxter days. She was visually interesting, her spells were useful and yet kept from being overly powerful by the fact she could only memorize so many, and her character had a drive and bravery that I always found endearing. I still recall her origin story from the first few Tales of the Legion issues, where she sought to be her own person and learn the ancient magics of her people because she was not born with the gift of foresight like her sister and people. It said so much of a character that got little focus outside of her days on the Sorceror's World.

Speaking of her sister, I loved the bond between Nura and Mysa. It made Nura a much more realistic, grounded character when Mysa would have to help her through problems. So, with Nura back to her old speed in the postboot and hopefully joining the Legion full time soon, White Witch would be great if we could steal her from the preboot. [Big Grin]

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Quislet.

No compelling reason, really, it was just the first name that popped into my head.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb
Member of Lash's Legion of Super Bitches

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caleb   Email Caleb         Edit/Delete Post     
hmph

no one has guessed who I would pick.

--------------------
Bring Back Tellus :tellus:

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Echo Chamber Chet?

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I think Caleb might be referring to that General or Admiral in the TMK/Earth Liberation story - don't remember his name. An obscure, but interesting and relevant, choice!

Just remembering here... there was some other character back in "the old days" with big lips, buggy eyes and knobbly yellow skin - hmmmm....Telephone? Telepath? It's on the tip of my tongue... [Wink]

[ August 01, 2003, 03:28 AM: Message edited by: Fat Cramer ]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Caleb, please just tell us who you would pick? [Wink]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Polar Boy, the little hero that could.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb
Member of Lash's Legion of Super Bitches

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caleb   Email Caleb         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
I think Caleb might be referring to that General or Admiral in the TMK/Earth Liberation story - don't remember his name. An obscure, but interesting and relevant, choice!

Just remembering here... there was some other character back in "the old days" with big lips, buggy eyes and knobbly yellow skin - hmmmm....Telephone? Telepath? It's on the tip of my tongue... [Wink]

Alright, I would bring back Tellus.

I always appreciated that Giffen put a Hykranian in a high position within the UP fleet. But I also always regretted that Tellus wasn't included when all of the Legion banded together at the end of the series.

If not Tellus, then it would be Plaid Lad. [Smile]

--------------------
Bring Back Tellus :tellus:

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.