Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » If the LSV came back, what would they do? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: If the LSV came back, what would they do?
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Portfolio Boy and a few others have mentioned that the villains lately have just wanted to conquer the galaxy and enslave everyone in a hive-mind. Too true, too true.

The Fatal Five made a return, looking for something, unknown to us ... so count on a reappearance from them. We hope they are not looking for a universal mind-control jewel.

If the LSV - or some other baddie - comes back, what could their crime(s) be? Knock over a space-bank? Revenge for past perceived injustices? Kidnapping/hostage-taking?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I always figured the LSV's reason for existing was to take out the LSH. Each had their own reasons, either because the Legion defeated them when they worked alone or in a smaller group, or for something more personal like Lightning Lord. Right now, it seems like the LSV would want to control the space doors that the Kwai control, so they'd want to overrun Legion World. By controlling LW, they control trading amongst planets, meaning wealth and power. The problem with the LSV, though, is that there is always too much greed and in-fighting, and they weaken themselves, creating a way for the real Legion to take them out.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mekt Ranzz
singular.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mekt Ranzz           Edit/Delete Post     
get on my nerves, i'm sure.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

From: out & about | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I like the "seige on Legion World" kinda story.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Looks That Kill Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looks That Kill Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
What would they be called? The Villains?
From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
We should perhaps have a moment of silence for the late Tarik the Mute.
Certainly, the name should be updated; Legion of Super-Villains is so silver age. Fatal Five has a timelessness to it, but I can't think of a new name. Tarik's Terrors? The Minions of Mekt?(too subservient to the zapper) I guess it could depend on who was on the team and what they were up to.

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Certainly, the name should be updated; Legion of Super-Villains is so silver age. Fatal Five has a timelessness to it, but I can't think of a new name. Tarik's Terrors? The Minions of Mekt?

How about "The Devil's Dozel?"

[ August 04, 2003, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: Portfolio Boy ]

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

If the LSV - or some other baddie - comes back, what could their crime(s) be? Knock over a space-bank? Revenge for past perceived injustices? Kidnapping/hostage-taking?

I think that the LSV would be motivated merely by revenge against the Legion. Their goal, pure and simple, is to counter and destroy the Legion in any way possible.

Back when Nira Minsork made her 1st (and to date only appearance) I began screaming for a new LSV with her as the postboot Saturn Queen. I wanted to see he joined with Lightning Lord and Cosmic Boy's former coach as a reboot Cosmic King. Mr. Cuspin (I think I recall that was his name) did eventually return, but not as the King, so there is still room for that.

I'd join these three with the Composite Man from Durla that the Legion battled early in the reboot as Chameleon Chief. Toss in a couple of rejects, or others who have a reason to feel slighted by the Legion (Lori as Princess, or Lady, Glorith?) and there you go.

Have them brought together by Prince Evillo (notice a trend of regal, or titled names?) and we can call them the new DEVIL'S DOZEN instead of the LSV.

And, even if we toss the silver age sounding LSV, we can still retain a measure of the old silver age feel by having the Devil's Dozen be something other than 12 members. [Laugh Out Loud]

[ August 04, 2003, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: Portfolio Boy ]

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
If the LSV returns it should be as the LSV. The name is a response to the name of the heroes they are trying to take out. If "Legion of Super-Heroes" is still a worthwhile name, then "Legion of Super-Villains" should be as well.

There should be a mastermind behind the group, someone with a large grudge against the Legion. Dr. Regulus would be an excellent choice, imo. Brainiac Four might be another possibility.

They should assemble a collection of cutthroats and assorted persons with a grudge against the Legion in an attempt to destroy the team. No bigger goal, just revenge and destruction of the Legion. The actual plan should be somewhat irrational, almost crazy, but because of that fact, and because of the maniacal devotion of the members, should nearly suceed.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
If the LSV returns it should be as the LSV. The name is a response to the name of the heroes they are trying to take out. If "Legion of Super-Heroes" is still a worthwhile name, then "Legion of Super-Villains" should be as well.

But would they percieve themselves as villains? Certainly, in their own minds, they are perfectly justified, perhaps even heroic.

Now, perhaps the 30th century media might refer to them as the LSV, even making the name stick n the public conciousness, but I contend they would call themselves something else.

Actually, this could be played for a bit of humer, as the group can't stand that the media refering to them as the LSV and not using their proper name.

"NO! We're GUMBY damnit!"

Might even be an excuse to bring back a certain reporter. Do we even know if Condo has any powers postboot?

DrakeB3004

I'd also add to the lineup Radion, who's maybe bitter about having half his face blown off after helping the Legion against Mordru, and Repulse and that girl with the whips from "Pres McCauley's" superteam.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Early LSV never worked for me, as a bunch that got together because of the hate of individual LSHers. It seemed their sole purpose of forming a team was because the "good guys" had one.

The organized crime stories, leading to Val's death, gave the LSV a common goal. Some of the gangland type stories from Legion World's were typical of what I think I would enjoy. They were perfect for an Espionage Squad story, showing the Legion in more of a protect and serve role than last line of defense.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

quote:
Certainly, the name should be updated; Legion of Super-Villains is so silver age.

How about "Legion of Doom"?? [Smile]
kid chaos

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kid chaos   Author's Homepage   Email kid chaos         Edit/Delete Post     
I think the LSV should be made up of demented/jealous siblings of the LSH.

Saturn Queen: Jancel Ardeen. Already shown to hate Imra and resent her Legion membership.

Lightning Lord: Obviously Mekt, he's already unstable.

Cosmic King: Pol Krinn. I dont think we've seen much of him postboot, so maybe hes not as noble as he was before. I bet he's jealous of Rokk's Magno-ball career. Maybe he's become addicted to some braalian power-inducing drug. Lots of opportunnities for him to turn bad.

Ohter potential members:

- dosen't Reep have a brother named Ligt?
given Durla's barbaric/isolationist culture
it's possible Reep's family hates him for
leaving Durla and betraying his heritage.

- IIRC, kinetix had a brother named Thanot
(or Thanos?) who was jealous of Zoe's
relationship with their mother. Also I believe
he was seeking a 'relic of power' too.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I think it would be a bit strained to have an LSV consisting entirely of demented/evil siblings, but it's an interesting idea, nonetheless.

Other possibilities:

Jacques Foccart as Lyle's "brother", perhaps driven crazy by his own invsibile nature.

Tinya's third body.

A member of Sensor's family who wants to eliminate her as she's now an aberration to the bloodline.

And, of course, who would assemble an organization of twisted family members of the Legion? None other than Brainiac Four!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.