Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Better best forgotten (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Better best forgotten
Looks That Kill Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looks That Kill Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
It struck me recently that the usual list of Legionnaires you normally see (pre-ZH) is incomplete. It usually misses out the baddies that have infiltrated the Legion such as Command Kid. Can anyone remember who all these villianous legionnaires were.

Of the top of my head I can remember Command Kid, Lightning Lord, Saturn Queen, Cosmic King and those 3 spies (one of then was called Magentic Kid)

From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
wasn't Blackout boy one of them, and don't forget Nemesis Kid too
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Size Lad [Embarrassed]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Looks That Kill Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looks That Kill Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Nemesis Kid was certainly villainous but his membership does tend to be recognised in official list.

Was there anyone else? I can think of people that went for the tryout's but can't remember if anyone made it in briefly just to be thrown out. Did people like Dynamo Boy & Storm Boy make it in briefly? I can't remember.

From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Dynamo Boy was the pirate who infiltrated the Legion and replaced its members with members of the LSV, so, yes, he joined. I always thought this should have been used as the origin of the LSV, with him replacing Legionnaires with young, crooked counterparts rather than the Adult LSV.

Dynamo Kid was the reporter who tried to infiltrate the Legion to get a story after Lightning Lad died. He was found out and rejected.

Storm Boy was also discovered and rejected before joining, though he (or someone using the name)apparently joined during the Five-Year Gap.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
"False Pretenses Lad", dubbed by Legion fandom, joined off-panel. He is a nameless infiltrator only seen from behind, being led into prison in shackles by the S.P.s in Adventure Comics #327. He claimed to have joined the Legion under false pretenses to access their mission monitor board. Therefore, must have been a Legionnaire for a brief time.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amentep

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amentep   Email Amentep         Edit/Delete Post     
Out of curiosity, is Anti-Lad from Superboy 204 in the usual pre-ZH lists?
Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I've never seen Anti-Lad mentioned in such lists, Amentep. But, if memory serves, he hadn't been fully inducted into the Legion when his deception was discovered. He had only passed the try-out. (Which, admittedly, doesn't explain why the Legionnaires gave him his own name card and shot a picture grid of him at their meeting table -- but without that grid, the story wouldn't work. [Smile] )

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
There was also Molecule Master -- I don't think he was made a member either, but he passed the first round of try outs.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
There was also Molecule Master -- I don't think he was made a member either, but he passed the first round of try outs.

That's right. He tried to kill the entire team before he could take the psychological tests. [Eek!]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
The comlpete? Roster:

Cosmic Boy (/Man)/Polestar
Saturn Girl (/Woman)
Lightning Lad (/Man)/Live Wire
Triplicate Girl/Duo Damsel/Triad
Phantom Girl (/Woman)/Apparition
Chameleon Boy/Chameleon
Colossal Boy (/Man)/Leviathon/Micro Lad
Invisible Kid
Supergirl [Laurel Gand/Tiger Rose/Thelma*]
Brainiac 5/B-5
Superboy (/Man)
Ultra Boy (/Man)/Emerald Dragon
Pete Ross
Star Boy (one-time Sir Prize)
Shrinking Violet/Virus/LeViathon/Violet/Atom Girl
Sun Boy/Inferno
Bouncing Boy
Marvel Lad/Mon-El [Valor*]/M'Onel
Matter-Eater Lad (/Man)
Mystery Lad/Element Lad (/Man)/Alchemist
Lightning Lass/Light Lass/Lightning Lass (Light Lady)/Pulse/Gossamer/Spark
Jimmy Olsen/Elastic Lad
Dream Girl (one-time Miss Terious)/Dreamer
Legion Of Substitute Heroes
...Polar Boy (/Man)
...Night Girl (/Woman)
...Stone Boy
...Fire Lad
...Chlorophyll Kid

"False Pretenses Lad"
Command Kid
Dynamo Boy
Cosmic King
Saturn Queen
Lightning Lord
Size Lad
Blackout Boy
Magnetic Kid I
Kid Psycho

Princess Projectra/Queen Projectra/Sensor Girl/Sensor
Nemesis Kid
Ferro Lad/Ferro
Karate Kid
Universo
Alternate Future Adult Legion
...Timber Wolf
...Chemical King
...Reflecto
...Shadow Woman
...Quantum Queen
...?/Jan Jor
...Power Boy
...Color King
...White Witch
...Proty II
...Lex Luthor V
...Mxyzptlk V
...Ferro Man
...Batman

Lana Lang/Insect Queen
Rond Vidar/Green Lantern
Biron the Bowman/Comet the Superhorse
Blockade Boy II/Proty II

Shadow Lass (/Woman)/Umbra
Chemical King
Timber Wolf (formally Lone Wolf)/Furball
Renkil Kem
ERG-1/Wildfire/N.R.G.
Anti-Lad
Tyroc
Dawnstar/Bounty/Dawnstar
Blok
Invisible Kid II/Evanesce
White Witch/Jewel
Polar Boy
Magnetic Kid II
Tellus
Quislet
Nightwind
Impulse/Kent Shakespeare
Karate Kid II
Atmos
Echo
Crystal Kid
Reflecto*
Fire Lad
Chlorophyll Kid
Porcupine Pete
Infectious Lass
Visi-Lad
Color Kid
Stone Boy
Storm Boy
Calamity King

Kono
Celeste McCauley/Celeste Rockfish/Neon/Darkstar
Devlin O'Ryan/Reflex
Ivy
Kid Quantum I*
Legionnaires/SW6 Batch
...Alchemist
...Apparition
...Andromeda
...Brainiac 5
...Catspaw
...Chameleon
...Computo
...Cosmic Boy
...Dragonmage
...Ferro
...Gossamer
...Inferno
...Invisible Kid
...Leviathon
...Live Wire
...Matter-Eater Lad
...Saturn Girl
...Shrinking Violet
...Triad
...Ultra Boy
...Kid Quantum
...Bouncing Boy
...Dream Girl
...Star Boy
...Chameleon Boy
...Karate Kid
...Princess Projectra

Firefist
Veilmist
Blood Claw
Flederweb
Spider Girl/Wave

* Denotes Post-Crisis retcon

****ZERO HOUR restart****
XS
Kinetix
Andromeda
Superboy II (Kon-El)
Gates
Magno
Inferno II
Impulse

Monstress
Kid Quantum II
Thunder
Gear
Shikari
****INFINITE CRISIS restart****
Dream Boy
Theena

[ March 06, 2007, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Ever notice how nobody misses Jimmy Olsen?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Huh? Jimmy Olsen??

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mdm2995
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mdm2995   Email mdm2995         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Nightcrawler, I've enjoyed your stellar work on the Legion for years and just humbly say "Thank you." Also, thanks for popping up on the boards as much as you do. Kudos as well for the comprehensive list, and for sharing your love of Legion lore. Must be be my old age catching up with me; I can place every name except Jan Jor. Who is he/ she?? Care to 'splain?
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Ever notice how nobody misses Jimmy Olsen?

I do, darn it.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.