Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » the all-KANTUU thread! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: the all-KANTUU thread!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I demand a smiley! I demand a re-imagining!

Kantuu Can Do!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I never really thought they sounded *that* much like the Beatles.

Oh, wait. I thought this was the all-KLAATU thread!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Bah. Refer to LSH # 266-267. Not REEFER.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I've never read that story.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, he could make a come-back. His fate was unknown after the moon exploded.

Or he could have been removed from the moon before that. The Legion put a sign with "Do Not Touch" next to his bottle - isn't that a big open invitation to every criminal and devious mind in the galaxy?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I dream of genie with the light brown hair and the murderous glint in his eye...

--------------------

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I thought this was the all-KLAATU thread!

Barada Nicto!
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Kantuu Can Do!

Shoot, Lashie! I was gonna quip about "going far with a Kantuu Attitude", butcha beat me to the pun... [Frown] [Wink]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I recall adequate art from Jimmy Janes and terrible inking by Frank Chiaramonte. The same team that brought us Captain Frake. Even though this is pretty much a criticsm (sp?) I still think back on the whole Janes era fondly, because I was in my early teens, feeling fairly lonely, but loving the Legion. AWWWW..... (Is there an AWWWW graemlin?) Naturally, Lash, you make me want to dig out the issues and re-read them and do some sketches of characters from the story, namely Kantuu himself...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Make sure you do the female starship pilot from the second part of the Kantuu story, Dean! [Smile]

I liked what was probably a throwaway story point, that the fighter pilots were all women because their reflexes were faster than their male counterparts, who were relegsated to air traffic control.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Wow, for some reason, the writing felt like some kind of trying-too-hard Marvel comic. Even though Kantuu accidentallly smashed the portable mining town and swatted a few fighter ships, he never really seemed like a big threat. This story definitely didn't rate two issues. The art was only adequate as I mentioned above. I can't help but wonder if the story could have been more memorable/enjoyable if it had better art, like by Jim Sherman or someone.

I have to acknowledge Pov's comment about the female pilot, Tage. She was just harassing the heck out of the sensitive, wispy Rin! I mean, yeah, he is kind of a girly man, but she was relentless! She made cracks about his "male intuition" how mining too much has "colored his thinking", he's "moody" and how bad it would be to let an "emotional psychic" like him handle the Kantuu crisis. Yeah, the women have better reflexes, and the men are better at the command base. I think Tage was right about Rin though, because while the other guys are sayig stuff like "Launch squadron two!" Rin's back there thinking, "Lord help them! That creature is so huge-" Tage felt pretty bad when Rin got squashed, though.

I have sketches coming...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

And what's up with Rin's blueish greenish hair?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Uh, I don't mean to pick on the guy.

Don't hate-celebrate! It's Rin Day!

How bout a "Lord Help Them!" smiley featuring the teal haired Rin?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

[Kantuu]

[ September 23, 2007, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.