Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » The all-ADVENTURE COMICS 350 & 351 Thread! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The all-ADVENTURE COMICS 350 & 351 Thread!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Right under our noses the whole time!

Who were the next Legion leaders? Brainy, who went crazy and then Superboy, who always had parts of his memory erased anyway! Jo might have been in on it...

Although I'm betting that Cos, Lyle and Imra may have tried *not* to let these secrets be known. What could they have been?!

Or maybe Lyle and Cos actually knew that Garth was Proty, and didn't want Imra to find out, 'cuz they knew she had the potential to go all crazy on the Legion, like the crazy post-boot Imra did (or even a Dark Phoenix type thing)! Thus, it was when Lyle, the master of espionage, found out that it was Proty, he went to Cos (the cornerstone of the Legion), and they decided to keep this a mega-secret!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Or perhaps it was Proty they feared.

Something told him that this Garth/Proty amalgamation could threaten the entire universe. So they tried several avenues to prevent it. Imra married him to keep watch over him, but the strain of living the lie was too much for her, and she slipped into denial. Lyle, out of desperation, allowed himself to be killed in order to try to locate Garth's soul in the afterworld. But what's-her-name kept him, uh, "occupied". Can't blame him, myself.

That left it up to Rokk to, over the decades, manuever himself into a position where he could become the Time Trapper and reverse Garth's death. But the universe itself ended before he could accomplish this.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Brillant, OM!

So it might have been Proty all along that was the master manipulator the Legion should have been worried about (and who the early leaders pitted themselves against).

Thus, by the time Lightning Lad had become leader, Imra had already married him and Lyle was dead--there was no way they could stop him from being elected (and their club would have surely not been admitting new members by then). The 'closeness' of the founders from then on, which we saw quite a bit of from Great Darkness to end of TMK, can be viewed in a whole new light!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I hereby declare that the Secret Society of Super Legion Leaders theory be further reviewed and fine-toned.

I cannot help but feel that Proty I caused the post-boot and three-boot, and only the former leaders could do anything about it--and still fail.

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
you're forgetting Lester Spiffany - or should I say - Leland McCauley IV? While posing as a wanton capitalist, he was actually manuevering the dominoes that would lead to public service - the ULTIMATE Nielsons for the youth market!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
If there was a secret Legion leaders salute, Brainy would have been in on it. He was leader just before Invisible Kid.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
The thread celebrating the OUTCAST and FORGOTTEN Legion is BACK, all-NEW and all-NOW!

Relive its greatness again!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... I never noticed until reviewing the last page that Ferro Lad had the hots for the White Witch!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Jeepers! Methinks Geoff Johns must not be a fan of this story, having offed Evillo off-panel and apparently having Click Here For A Spoilerretconned Star Boy's rejoining to the first meeting of the three Legions!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Well, Geoff can kiss my big fat Click Here For A SpoilerAunt Nancy and suck Click Here For A Spoileran egg!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
A little trivia about this story: Every single member of the extensive cast, including Subs, Pets, WW, etc. has a speaking role and is shown using his/her powers at least once, EXCEPT 2 who don't speak and 2 who don't use their powers. Can you name them?

[ November 20, 2008, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: jimgallagher ]

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Crap! Now I wanna do this, but I've gotta go back to work...!!

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I could be wrong, but I think Karate Kid neither speaks nor uses his powers.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Wow, great trivia question Jim. I could only guess and likely not even come close. Does Phantom Girl ever use her powers? I don't recall.

Non-speaking: Stone Boy and Sun Boy?

This is totally just guessing.

Eryk Davis Ester

I know I've seen this question before, but have no idea what the answer is!
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.