Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » The all-ADVENTURE COMICS 350 & 351 Thread! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The all-ADVENTURE COMICS 350 & 351 Thread!
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Karate Kid does not speak, but he does use his powers in a flashback scene (he smashes a runaway speedster before it can run down some kids playing in the street)

Phantom Girl does speak, "DId you have to hit him so hard, Kid?" but does not use her powers, so you're halfway there, Team.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, let me enlighten you (pun intended):

Light Lass, the doublemint twin, appears in a mere 1 panel in this whole 2-parter. If you look at it, it looks like Curt Swan just tucked her into the background, so he could say every member is included [though she does appear as a figurine a couple of times].

Ayla neither enlightens us with her opinion on the subject, nor with her powers, so she is the other answer to both parts of the question.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
What a compliment to Nura, Thom and Chuck that their re-admission apparently makes the Legion strong enough to handle anything the universe might toss their way.

And notice how none of these 3 are present during the subsequent Sun-Eater arc which resulted in Ferro Lad's death?

What have we learned?

a) Nura, Thom & Chuck are the toughest Legionnaires?

b) Shooter did not have access to Bridwell's script prior to writing Adventure 352-353?

c) Mort W. smacked both writers around after some letterhack sent him a missive detailing this ginormous inconsistency?

d) Shooter got off the hook after showing Mort the scene in Bridwell's tale where Ferro Lad is reduced to cinders?

e) The prediction of Cosmic Boy's fate that is "too dreadful" for him to know is later revealed as his baldness in the Adult Legion tale?

f) All of the above?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Definitely f)

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought it was neat, how in the future people get taller when they walk towards you.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Hmm... I never noticed until reviewing the last page that Ferro Lad had the hots for the White Witch!

Hmm... it's possible that Andy was thinking: "Jeepers! If that hideous old hag can be changed into a gorgeous gal by magic, maybe it could do something with my ol' ugly puss!"
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.