Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Legion of Super-Heroes #9 - Solits and Cover - Spoilers! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes #9 - Solits and Cover - Spoilers!
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[Love]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Likewise. [Love]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I met an artist at Heroescon 2005 that said he did some guest artist work on LoSH - if I remember correctly for issue #9! You guys don't really want to know about it though, do you? I got him to do a sketch for me too, but you probably don't want to see it so...
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karie
Tart!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karie   Email Karie         Edit/Delete Post     
i wanna see it. PLEASE!!!!!! [Embarrassed]
From: Durban, South Africa & Auckland, New Zealand. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[tease]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh well okay if you want to know, check out the link below:
Legion Fill In Artist

I think this artist was talking about other fill in folks to come, but I didn't exactly catch who else was gonna be coming up...

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Thanks! After rereading "The Origin..." thread several times, maybe I should campaign to get Steve a shot at Barry's new Legionnaires.
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Neat sketches!

Georges Jeanty's fill-in is the last one planned - hoepfully my 'real-life' will stay calmer now so that we won't be requiring any more. Hmmm - hope you consider that good news! [Smile]

[ June 29, 2005, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: Barry Kitson ]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

But of course!

I have to say I enjoy the story more when you are the artist, rather than a fill in. Much of the subtle nuances that you add make the story complete. None of the fill in artists to date have had that level of depth.

Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks!
I have to admit something of an unfair advantage over any fill-in artist as I'm part of the plotting process with Mark (and Steve) so I do get a chance to add some 'subtle' touches that an artist new to the book couldn't possibly know about. It's actually one of the best parts about being a regular artist on a book - knowing the characters so intimately because they're part of your life everyday!

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Barry I think you shouldn't be as subtle. [Wink] You so far are the star of the show from every message board and review I read.

I remember at one point you started writing L.E.G.I.O.N. Have you considered maybe writing this full time after Mr. Waid is gone? I mean Waid is great but you seem to be a bit more "hip" being british and all. [Wink] But seriously any plans to write and rest the drawing hand in a few years?

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

SouthtownKid posted the link to a preview of this issue over at Todd's Calling for #8.
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Hi Jorg-Em
Sorry for taking a while to respond - don't know why I missed your post!

Thanks about my writing - I get a lot of input with Mark and really enjoy working with him so I don't miss being a writer at all these days. I would like to do some more writing again sometime, but as long as Mark and I can work together on LSH - it's more than enough for me! My main ambition at the moment is just to stay well ahead of LSH schedules so I don't have to miss any more issues! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

Mr. Kayak
Italian Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Kayak   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
barry, if you can't keep up drawing so many pages a month, why don't you guys at DC plan for the legion art something like what it's going on with green lantern?
on GL there are two huge artists at work drawing an arc each, so we have three issues by pacheco, then two by van sciver, then pacheco again and so on.
would it be so difficult for you to find a "regular fill-in artist" so you can breathe more? i understand that he would be disadvantaged since you're the co-writer of the series and he wouldn't, but... well, i'm sorry to say i didn't like very much the art of issue 8, and when i've seen the previews for issue 9 i was almost up to cry...
thank you in advance for your kind reply!

--------------------
Ciao a tutti,
FABIO

http://www.nottolone.net/legione/

From: Milan, Italy | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
SouthtownKid posted the link to a preview of this issue over at Todd's Calling for #8.

Jillikers! Is that our very own "Loser" making an appearance?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.