Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Legion of Super-Heroes #9 - Solits and Cover - Spoilers! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes #9 - Solits and Cover - Spoilers!
Haggard Lad
S'up?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haggard Lad   Email Haggard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Written by Mark Waid, art by Art Thibert, cover by Barry Kitson.

I'm thinking "art by Art Thibert" is more of a typo and he's just inking over Barry's pencils like always.

--------------------
The Secret Origin of Haggard Lad!

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe not.

I don't mind if Barry needed some more breathing space.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Geez I've turned into a big Kitson fan. I've always been a Thibert (as an inker) fan since his "glory" days back in the 90s. I love inkers that add detail or maybe should i say doesn't obscure detailed pencils.

Add Perez into the mix down the road possibly? The devil will certainly be in the details with this trio!

So far Barry has been the star of this show if you go to any message board or reviews the art is the stand out! When it comes to detailed pencillers people collect just to get those handful of "money" panels each issue. I've always been like this with Perez...now I may be like this Barry.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alienfish
Replicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alienfish   Author's Homepage   Email Alienfish         Edit/Delete Post     
Can any one find the line art for this cover? I'd like a hack at doing a color job on it.

Barry do you have a scan of it?

--------------------
Whatta ya gonna do? Bleed on me?

From: Camano Island, Wa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Barry usually provides us with the pencils and inks when he has the time. I'm sure he'll do the same with this issue when he can.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi all
Thanks for the concern and support - it is very much appreciated!

The crisis (if I dare use such a word) is thankfully behind me now and although I won't be pencilling all of #9 I am penciling and inking at least some of it! Then I'm back to fully pencilling every page from #10 onwards!
(Thanks again BTW for the VERY kind words about my work from everyone!) [Smile]

I'll get scans of the pencils and inks to Nightcrawler today - all being well they should be available here in almost no time!

That IS Starboy between Projectra and Cham. [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
As promised ..and courtesy of Nightcrawler - the pencils and inks for the cover to #9 - hope you like them!

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click on these thumbnails for larger versions [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice!

Now is that Vi to the right of PG?

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the art and the info about Star Boy [Smile]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Now is that Vi to the right of PG?

Interesting how that character isn't in the pencil version ... last minute recruit?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
I think it's Shadow Lass, not Vi.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
I think it's Shadow Lass, not Vi.

She's behind Star Boy.

From what I see in the inked version, it's Shrinking Violet, Phantom Girl, Light Lass, Brainiac 5, Cosmic Boy, Lone Wolf, Element Lad, Princess Projectra, Star Boy, Shadow Lass, & Chameleon.

[ May 28, 2005, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Lone Wolf? thought it was Micro Lad. His hair resembles Micro Lad's....? oh well, my poor eyesight! if it's Lone Wolf, does that mean he will be rescued from Lemnos and Terra Firma?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
Lone Wolf? thought it was Micro Lad. His hair resembles Micro Lad's....? oh well, my poor eyesight! if it's Lone Wolf, does that mean he will be rescued from Lemnos and Terra Firma?

Nope you may be right. It does look like Colossal Boy. I must just have Brin on the brain.
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I must just have Brin on the brain.

Who doesn't!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.