Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » I just finished rereading the entire preboot Legion (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I just finished rereading the entire preboot Legion
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Gary, what about pointing the entry for Adv. #247 here? They have the full issue up for reading.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Gary, what about pointing the entry for Adv. #247 here? They have the full issue up for reading.

Sounds good. Will do!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I have a question.

I remember reading about a prototype of the Legion years ago on the DCMBs, but remember people saying at the time that the story really wasn't much of a Legion analogue. I even went out and bought the issue in question (I believe) and agreed to that assessment. However, I can’t remember what issue that was. I’m thinking they were referring to the Intergalactic Patrol from ADVENTURE COMICS #260 (May 1959), but obviously its post-Legion.

So does anybody know what I’m talking about? Or what the answer is?

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Ok. Updated the next two posts and I have another question - does anybody know in what issue(s?) that the Supergirl ad appeared in?

Thanks!

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry Gary, I'm unsure on both!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I've never heard of a Legion 'prototype' and I not sure which Supergirl ad you are referring to Gary. If I knew what the ad was maybe I can find it in my scans.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I've never heard of a Legion 'prototype' and I not sure which Supergirl ad you are referring to Gary. If I knew what the ad was maybe I can find it in my scans.

This one. It's the first image on the page (at present). I plan to change things around a bit after working on 1961's post. My image comes from SUPERGIRL ARCHIVES Vol. 1 which does not mention the source.

As for the prototype, EDE was the one who asked about it somewhere (I don't think it was the Legion forum, maybe the Archive one?) and got a pretty quick answer to which I then sought out for myself. But for the life of me I can't remember which issue it was. Argh!

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I vaguely remember the topic in question, but I'm not recalling what the "prototype" was. For what it's worth, the "Intergalactic Patrol" story doesn't ring a bell, even after reviewing a synopsis of the issue.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Thanks! I'll keep looking for it. I fear that it's so not a Legion precursor that I've looked at it a few times and missed it. [Smile]

[ July 29, 2005, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Lightning Lad
Founder

Gary, the ad should have appeared in a multitude of DC comics for at least the month (maybe two) preceeding the appearance. Try a copy of Action #251 or Adventure #260. Not sure what issue of Superman was out the month before.
Nightcrawler
Founder

Unfortunately, I only have a reprint of ADVENTURE COMICS #260 and don't own ACTION COMICS #251 either. [Frown]
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Unfortunately, I only have a reprint of ADVENTURE COMICS #260 and don't own ACTION COMICS #251 either. [Frown]

I'll check my books when I get home. Do you want a cover shot or just verification of what issue it appeared in?
Nightcrawler
Founder

Verification, please. If you have a good scan go ahead and drop it into the checklist folder though.

Thanks!

Lightning Lad
Founder

Its good to be right occasionally. The ad did appear in Action Comics #251, page 15 to be exact. It was the page right before the Congorilla back-up story.

And I've uploaded a good copy of the cover to the folder too.

Nightcrawler
Founder

Thanks!
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.