Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Okay. If the Threeboot all takes place AFTER the events of Infinite Crisis... (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Okay. If the Threeboot all takes place AFTER the events of Infinite Crisis...
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Does this mean that we could be seeing DnA's LSH in Infinite Crisis at some point? Snakejectra? Gates? Terrorform Zoe? Jarth? THE HUSSY???

Thoughts?

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Only if it's to officially kill them all off... [Frown]

[ July 28, 2005, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
We may or may not. Bart's scene with his mom in the TT/Legion special seemed to be goodbye. But It's clear to me that the previous DCU plays a part in this Crisis.

My hope is a multiverse will be restored with the modern DCU alongside the silver age earth and a golden age earth. (Ideally it would be hard to move between the worlds.) Longtime fans of the 30th century could have their favorites back (pre-boot, reboot) too even if we weren't looking in on them anymore.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
If only DC *would* restore the multiverse, then they could declare the new Legion to be on Earth-Prime and keep the previous team with all of its icky ties to the modern DCU as the future of the modern DCU and shield the new Legion from them!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay... if they restored the multiverse, wouldn't that make the first crisis totally pointless? And change everyones histories again...???

Man, I don't know if I could take it!!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Many people feel that the first Crisis *was* totally pointless...

And no need to mess with character's histories. The "continuity" that's existed since 1986, with everyone living on the same Earth, is simply one among the many alternate Earths.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Heh. Well, that is a good point...

...let's just hope there will be no more of the retconning. I mean, jeez. For an idea that was supposed to clean stuff up, it sure made some stuff (Supergirl & Troia, for starters) a hell of a lot messier.

--------------------

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
The original CRISIS was pointless and I am no fan of what it allowed to happen to The Justice Society, The Teen Titans and the Legion.

BUT.....

I'm not sure I'm sold on just throwing the multiple earth stuff back out there, either.

For the first time since the 40s, the JSA is a hit (and has had a longer run than in the 40s! With no end in sight!) The Legion is no longer at the not-so-tender-mercies of the Superman editors and writers, and is a top 50 comic.

Continuity is a harsh mistress. Someone should take her shopping and buy her ice cream.

As for the reboot LSH, I do expect them to show up in some capacity in InfCrisis, especially now that we know the past, like year or so's worth of DC comics has all been setup for this.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
My hope is a multiverse will be restored with the modern DCU alongside the silver age earth and a golden age earth. (Ideally it would be hard to move between the worlds.) Longtime fans of the 30th century could have their favorites back (pre-boot, reboot) too even if we weren't looking in on them anymore.

Can I get a dang witness! That is exactly what I hope for, as well. I guess we kind of have it now with the "Hypertime" stuff, but I wouldn't mind something more overt.
Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
FYI the buzz on many internet forums quotes Didio saying that "Hypertime was dead" at San Diego. I can't believe for a second that they'd go back to a single timeline with Linear men enforcing the history of the DCU.

So that was the basis of my hope for a new multiverse structure. Also Geoff Johns giving Per Degaton knowledge of the Earth-2 timeline in his recent JSA appearance and the general disrespect of DCU post-crisis continuity in Batman-Superman gives me hope that the DCU we'll see the full glory of the DC multiverse soon.

The Power Girl Origin story should tell us if Inf Crisis might be going down this path. And with all the hints that she's key to the new crisis, my expectation grows.

[ July 28, 2005, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: Tamper Lad ]

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
Only if it's to officially kill them all off... [Frown]

I'm mostly with you except that I'd keep a non-Terrorform version of Zoe around.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
FYI the buzz on many internet forums quotes Didio saying that "Hypertime was dead" at San Diego.

I don't believe he used that exact phrase, but he made it clear that they weren't going to reference Hypertime anymore.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, how I long for a return to the multiverse. Unfortunatly, all this talk of "52" and "one year later" has be believing that the post-Infinite Crisis will look more like the immediate post-Crisis shoehornverse DCU than the pre-Crisis multiverse.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente

Uhm, not to sound too stupid but... what's hypertime?

--------------------

Context... who needs it?

Tamper Lad

hypertime was/is a way of organizing the DCU universe created by Mark Waid. It was featured in The Kingdom sequel to Kingdom Come.

In hypertime the DCU happens on the central timeline. However the timeline can change when another timeline merges with the CT. This explains every retro-con DC has ever made. All elseworlds and pre-crisis universes and imaginary stories also exist in hypertime.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.