Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Okay. If the Threeboot all takes place AFTER the events of Infinite Crisis... (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Okay. If the Threeboot all takes place AFTER the events of Infinite Crisis...
SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by ferroboy:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
FB, Earth-Prime has appeared twice since Crisis: in both Animal Man (by Morrison) and Flash (by Waid).

Except that in both cases DC was taking the stance that there was no multiverse. In Animal Man, we also had one character (was in Psycho-Pirate?) discover that he was only a character in a comic book. In the vein, Earth-Prime could "exist", but not in the continuity sense.
I'd say Animal Man asserted the in-continuity potential for a multiverse. (A brief summary: toward the end of the Morrison run, many of the lost Earths and their inhabitants appeared briefly as the Crisis was partially undone around the Psycho-Pirate. They collectively discovered that they were fictional characters (Animal Man and Psycho-Pirate already knew), decided that the modern DCU was a cold and unfun place, and opted to "deconstruct" themselves and go back into dormancy in the Psycho-Pirate's mask.)
quote:
As far as Flash, I can't comment, since I don't read it.
There Earth-Prime was depicted as elsewhere in Hypertime, I believe.

[ August 05, 2005, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: SiliconDream ]

From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by SiliconDream:
They collectively discovered that they were fictional characters (Animal Man and Psycho-Pirate already knew), decided that the modern DCU was a cold and unfun place, and opted to "deconstruct" themselves and go back into dormancy in the Psycho-Pirate's mask.)

I know how they feel. I have a sinking feeling the DCU is about to become a more cold and unfun place, in the wake of Infinite Crisis.

With the success of Identity Crisis, I think we are going to be faced with a barrage of depressing deaths of beloved secondary characters in the vein of Sue Dibny,as well as other sad developements such as the breaking up of the Trinity (again?! It seemed like it took forever to get them to the level of friendship they took for granted, pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths...I really don't want them to do this).

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I'd say Animal Man asserted the in-continuity potential for a multiverse. (A brief summary: toward the end of the Morrison run, many of the lost Earths and their inhabitants appeared briefly as the Crisis was partially undone around the Psycho-Pirate. They collectively discovered that they were fictional characters (Animal Man and Psycho-Pirate already knew), decided that the modern DCU was a cold and unfun place, and opted to "deconstruct" themselves and go back into dormancy in the Psycho-Pirate's mask.)

Well, this would certainly explain the Legionaires showing up in JSAC...

There's also another Amanda Connor cover I saw with Power Girl and Huntress sitting side by side....hmmm.

Since I'm only picking up the S/B trades, does it every really state that this is the 'Whatever happened...' Superman? Who's to say this isn't some future version of the modern Supes wearing a updated version of that suit?

As far as the Multiverse goes, it already exits. We have Earth-2 (which is another topic in of itself) and the Wildstorm Universe, in which Atom was shunted after destroying the meteor in S/B. And Majestic crossed over into the DCU on top of that.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
That's where those guys are from??? Wildstorm??? God, someone should explain these things... I was so effin' confuzzled, you don't even know. >< And I didn't know who that future!Superman was either.

/annoyed

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Are you talking about the Avenger wannabes? That, I don't know. But I was pointing out the the WS universe has to be a paralell of the DCU because of the in-continuity crossovers.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Stratum:
[QUOTE]Since I'm only picking up the S/B trades, does it every really state that this is the 'Whatever happened...' Superman? Who's to say this isn't some future version of the modern Supes wearing a updated version of that suit?

Read the end of volume 3, and you'll see...it's pretty blatant, including Lois actually calling him, "the Man of Tomorrow," and saying she was beginning to "wonder whatever happened to him" (heh heh). And in the background you can see the baby with the basket of charcoal, not to mention Lois and Clark are both wearing the same clothes (Lois' funky "futuristic" dress, and Clark's shirt with the weird collar) as in the Alan Moore/Curt Swan story. It littereally looks like this takes place no more than minutes after the Daily Planet reporter has left after interviewing Lois in Action #583.

It's really a beautiful moment, imo, and a great tribute.

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

I realize that. However, it doesn't jive with the rest of the story. His actions within the S/B series are more of a later version of the DCU Superman than a Superman that is outside of time.

There's nods to the old Moore story, I can't deny. But it doesn't exactly make a lot of sense if it is that Superman.

Jamie

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.