Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » So, is it me, or is Terror Firma not as scary creepy as Robotica? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: So, is it me, or is Terror Firma not as scary creepy as Robotica?
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Who are you again??

[Wink]

The only ones I remember are Elysion, Zepha (the girl with wind powers)- though our smilie list has her as "Zelpha" [Zelpha] , Kynda (the girl with fire powers) [Kynda] , and "Stasi" (not sure if that was her real name), who had stasis powers. All these four appeared in Emily Sivana's Legion Villain tournament

I think another one was called [Phren] Phren, not sure what his powers were other than *possibly* some form of teleportation.

There was also one who had water powers, and another big strong one.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Original team:

Elysion = earth-manipulator
Kynda = fire-manipulator
Zepha = wind-manipulator
Nameless green guy = water-manipulator
Phren = powers unclear
Gron = super-strong guy

Then there were others added later, but I'm not sure how many of those were named (and I can't really remember who was in them vs. the LSV).

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I think Stasi was one of the later ones.

It would make sense if Phren, given the name, had some sort of mental powers.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Yes, Stasi was one of those who showed up when the 3boot Legion took the battle to Lemnos' home base. There was another one there who had powers similar to the X-Men's Cannonball. There was also a guy in armor not unlike Wildfire's armor style whose powers weren't shown.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
You guys are pretty groovy, you know that? [Cheers]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
[QB] Original team:

Elysion = earth-manipulator
Kynda = fire-manipulator
Zepha = wind-manipulator
Nameless green guy = water-manipulator
Phren = powers unclear
Gron = super-strong guy

Phren and water-manipulator guy both worked together to protect the team from telepathy (indicating that they both were telepaths), but it took the both of them to block Saturn Girl, so neither of them was a *great* telepath...

Phren also seemed to be the one who could open teleport portals.

It takes a special kind of something to make an elemental theme team less successful than the Masters of Disaster...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I will defend Elysion because I think he has a lot of personality that I feel is absent from many of the Legion's villains. Yes, he is a psychopath that enjoyed destroying the lives of innocent people for fun, but it makes the book interesting to read.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I actually love the look of the team. And the Greek-themed names are pretty cool, as well. So I'm a fan of the overall design of the characters. If only their storyline hadn't ended up so lame overall.
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I do respect that he at least tried to expand the Legion rogue's gallery by inventing some new characters. If he just went with making threeboot variations of the Fatal Five or Legion of Super-Villains or League of Super-Assassins, that would have been less bold a choice, IMO.

I feel the same way about Levitz attempting to throw in a few new characters, like Atta, Immortus, Questor, Sun Killer, etc. instead of just recycling the old familiar faces.

It's just a bit funky that, with the threeboot being pretty much written off entirely, we'll probably never see Elysion, Kynda, Zepha, etc. again.

Eryk Davis Ester

Maybe some clever writer will incorporate them into the story of how Orando ended up back in our dimension or something, assuming that story ever gets told.
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

quote:
Originally posted by Emily Sivana:
I will defend Elysion because I think he has a lot of personality that I feel is absent from many of the Legion's villains. Yes, he is a psychopath that enjoyed destroying the lives of innocent people for fun, but it makes the book interesting to read.

That is a good point, as he isn't motivated by the "usual" suspects - riches, fame, power.

For that matter, the rest of Terror Firma was "new" in the sense that they were kids unjustly punished for the sins of their parents. Of course, their hand (?) in destroying Orando was unforgivable - or was it? Was it ever proven that the powered Terror Firma members were involved in that?

--------------------

Set

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Was it ever proven that the powered Terror Firma members were involved in that?

Papa Projectra was babbling about great wildfires and floods and storms ravaging areas of Orando before he died, in addition to earthquakes, which makes it *seem* like Zepha, Kynda and water-controller-dude were also actively participating in the carnage (although creative use of Elysion's powers could easily create tidal waves and volcanic eruptions to trigger wildfires and weather disruptions, so it's not *proof* by any means).
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Yes, I remember it was heavily implied the others were there. But then when the Terror Firma kids "rebelled" they were going on and on about how Elysion was a psychopath, so there was a whole lot of backtracking there.

--------------------

Set

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Yes, I remember it was heavily implied the others were there. But then when the Terror Firma kids "rebelled" they were going on and on about how Elysion was a psychopath, so there was a whole lot of backtracking there.

I remember that, and how the others seemed to be protesting that they had no idea whatsoever that Lemnos / Elysion were up to shenanigans, as if, somehow, they were all utterly unaware that Orando had been destroyed...

I have no idea if that was meant to represent Lemnos having somehow messed with their memories, or the writer desperately backtracking and trying to 'whitewash' these characters he had turned into planet-killing mega-villains.

While Elysion certainly could have killed Orando single-handedly, barring Lemnos-mind-wipage, it strains credulity that the rest of Terror Firma were all as innocent and unaware of what was going on around them as they claimed.

If Waid changed his mind, and had them be innocent dupes, Shooter changed it *again* by having Sun Boy return and say that they were all bad-guys who were lying to him and he'd sent them all to prison. (Which, if they had planetary affecting water, air, fire, etc. control powers, seems pretty darn impressive...)

Whatever the truth was, it changed at least once, if not twice, during those fifty issues.

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I can understand Shooter undoing what Waid was setting up, but for Waid himself to do that was confusing.

It seemed more to me that Waid was backtracking, or at least if that was his original intent, he wasn't able to set it up all that well.

Heck, I was shouting along with Cos and Lemnos when they replied to Terror Firma's demand of "We want out" - "You think it's that simple???" You destroyed a world, hello!!

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.