Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » LSV Tournament (FINAL ROUND) (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: LSV Tournament (FINAL ROUND)
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome to the LSV Tournament. All matches will be teams of three versus teams of three. There will be standard matches and perhaps the introduction of other types of matches such as Prep and Blood-Lust (read below for more details).
This is the list of characters and what versions are participating. If you request further clarification or have information to share about said versions, please see the Discussion thread.

Due to the nature of these super-villains there will not be leaders chosen in this tournament. However, these matches are not to the death. If there is another demand for one of those (hereby called Blood-Lusted) I may include a round of it.

1 Tharok
2. Emerald Empress (Pre-Crisis)
3.Mano
4.Persuader
5. Earth-Man (Retroboot)
6. Caress
7. Twine
8. Evisceratronic
9. Neutrax
10. Silver Slasher
11. Titania
12. Lazon
13. Mist Master
14. Magno Lad
15. Esper Lass
16. Micro Lad
17. Ze Tongue
18. Phantom Lad
19. Calorie Queen
20. Lightning Lord
21. Cosmic King
22. Saturn Queen
23. Chameleon Chief
24. Sun Emperor
25. Beauty Blaze
26. Echo
27. Radiation Roy
28. Spider Girl
29. Nemesis Kid
30. Ron-Karr
31. Zymyr
32. Hunter
33. Tyr
34. Ol-Vir
35. Monster Master
36. Nardo
37. Elysion (Threeboot)
38. Dr. Regulus
39. Computo
40. Size Lad
41. Blackout Boy
42. Magnetic Kid
43. Alaktor
44. Flare
45. Evillo
46. Apollo
47. Wild Huntsman
48. Sugyn
49. Hag
50. Black Mace
51. Mystelor
52. Holdur
53. Rogarth
54. Shagrek
55. Command Kid
56. Dynamo Boy
57. Mantis Morlo (Pre-Crisis)
58. Charma (Postboot)
59. Stheno
60. Satan Girl
61.Pollen
62. Arrow
63. Praetor Lemnos
64. Zepha
65. Stasi
66. Eyeful Ethel
67. Tusker
68. Golden Boy
69. Storm Boy
70. Starfinger
71. Quicksand
72. Sunburst

The stages will revolve around super-villains from the 21st century. The first round will feature locations from Gotham City, home of the Bat-Villains. If there are ties, they may be broken by a little help from the audience and special guests.

Gotham Museum: A history museum built in the early twentieth century. It's architecture is only upstaged by it's valuable artifacts and security systems. The team must defeat all their rivals in the hallway and then make their way around or through security systems and steal a golden cat statue on the third floor.
Robinson Park: A beautiful park which plenty of space, foliage, and tranquil nights. The goal is to defeat all your opponents.
Gotham's Chinatown This battle takes place at a major intersection. Characters must defeat all their opponents and then stand by the arch in order to win. Teams automatically lose if the arch is harmed in any way.
Amusement Mile The teams start at the base of a Ferris wheel. They must defeat all their opponents and make their way to the show tent. The teams will find a pile of playing cards on the floor and must find the Joker card in order to win. Remember that this is was the Joker's headquarters, so expect traps and surprises.
Iceberg Lounge A popular hangout spot for society members and super-villains. The goal is to defeat all of your opponents.
Wayne Courthouse This is in essence a cage match. Each team starts on the opposite side of the courthouse. The goal is to defeat all of your opponents and escape.
Arkham Asylum Contrary to what you may expect, this is not a cage match. Each team starts outside of the asylum, on the swampy coast of the island. The teams must break into Arkham Asylum and find the bust of Arkham in the Warden's Office. Naturally, one must defeat all their opponents during this process.

Round One Battles
1. Team One: Phantom Lad,Nardo, and Nemesis Kid vs. Team Two: Sugyn, Radiation Roy, and Hag in the Gotham Museum
2. Team Three: Ol-Vir, Caress, and Silver Slasher
vs. Team Four: Starfinger, Blackout Boy, and Saturn Queen in the Gotham Museum
3. Team Five: Magno Lad, Black Mace, and Charma (Postbooth) vs. Team Six: Arrow, Storm Boy, and Magnetic Kid in Wayne Courthouse
4. Team Seven: Computo, Lazon, and Titania vs.
Team Eight: Mist Master, Sunburst and Neutrax in the Iceberg Lounge
5. Team Nine: Lightning Lord, Mantis Morlo (Pre-Crisis), and Golden Boy vs. Team Ten: Holdur, Tusker, and Mano in Arkham Asylum
6. Team Eleven: Chameleon Chief, Size Lad, and Zepha vs. Team Twelve: Hunter, Evisceratronic, and Alaktor in the Iceberg Lounge
7. Team Thirteen: Stheno, Praetor Lemnos, and Spider Girl vs. Team Fourteen: Calorie Queen, Micro Lad, and Elysion (Threeboot) in Robinson Park
8. Team Fifteen: Wild Huntsman, Command Kid, and Echo vs. Team Sixteen: Shagrek, Satan Girl, and Mystelor in the Gotham Museum
9. Team Seventeen: Twine, Emerald Empress (Pre-Crisis), and Earth-Man (Retroboot) vs. Team Eighteen: Pollen, Eyeful Ethel, and Ron-Karr in Arkham Asylum
10. Team Nineteen: Zymyr, Rogarth and Tharok vs. Team Twenty: Cosmic King, Apollo, and Evillo in Gotham's Chinatown
11. Team Twenty-One: Esper Lass, Dr. Regulus, Monster Master vs. Team Twenty-Two: Sun Emperor, Stasi, and Tyr in Wayne Courthouse
12. Team Twenty-Three: Persuader, Ze Tongue, Flare
vs. Team Twenty-Four: Beauty Blaze, Quicksand, Dynamo Boy in Amusement Mile

The votes are due on Sunday December 18th at midnight Central Time. Please keep debates and requests for references and panels in the Discussion thread.

(edit from Invisible Brainiac: per Emily's request here, I edited Team 23. My methodology is described here.

The original lists can be found in the discussion thread: 1st draft and 2nd draft

[ December 30, 2011, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Is the 12th match-up meant to be 2 vs 4?
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Tharok is two-timing it, making appearances in both Team Nineteen (challenge 10) and Team Twenty-Four (challenge 12).

Challenge 10 also lacks a location. (And nobody seems to be using Gotham's Chinatown.)

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, I am having a lot of difficulties with the random number generator. I think because of the sheer number of characters in the early rounds it's easy to delete names without realizing it. Unfortunately, I am busy this morning so I cannot edit the list until later. I would appreciate it if someone else would edit it for me so we don't lose time.

[ December 17, 2011, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Only the Mods or Admins of this forum can edit your list.

I think IB is the only one of those actively participating in this game so hopefully he'll do it.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll handle it, but what exactly do I have to do? I PMed Emily, but since she doesn't want to waste time, I took the liberty of changing the lineup.

I checked the list and there are only 71 characters on it. The missing # is 44. I checked the original lists on the Discussion Thread and there never was a #44.

I skimmed through the second draft list and found 4 villains were taken out:

Chameleon Kid, Flare, Quanton, Sun Woman.

I wrote their names on strips of paper and picked one at random. Flare was the lucky villain, so she gets added to Team 23.

I didn't edit any of the locations since it didn't seem to be a big problem for Emily.

[ December 17, 2011, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
j'adore Quanto!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Changes made, see two posts above! Sorry Peebz [Frown]

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Thank you for your help, Invisible Brainiac. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope you enjoy our special guests, the Bat-Villains. I suggest listening to "House Party at Arkham Asylum" during this round.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

My pleasure, Emily. Glad you approve of what I did!

I'm also loving the creativity of changing the locations every round.

1. Team One: Phantom Lad,Nardo, and Nemesis Kid vs. Team Two: Sugyn, Radiation Roy, and Hag in the Gotham Museum

I'll assume Hag has the same limitations as Mysa. She disables Nemesis Kid, the biggest threat on Team 1. While Nardo blasts her, Sugyn and Roy double team him.

However, while all this is happening, Phantom Lad makes his way to steal the cat statue.

From the description, I take it that simply stealing the statue isn't enough. I think the instant Phantom Lad materializes to take one opponent out, the other will take HIM out instead.

Team Two: Sugyn, Radiation Roy, and Hag

This fight will come down to whether SQ is faster than Ol-Vir. The Daxamite kid has never been shown to be particularly bright, and SQ is deadly, so I'll assume she can handle him. She takes him out of the game.

That leaves the short-range Caress and Slasher vs. the long-range Starfinger, BB and SQ. Even if Slasher acted immediately, I doubt she could take BOTH Blackout Boy and Starfinger - the latter of whom has several powers at his disposal.

Team Four: Starfinger, Blackout Boy, and Saturn Queen

3. Team Five: Magno Lad, Black Mace, and Charma (Postbooth) vs. Team Six: Arrow, Storm Boy, and Magnetic Kid in Wayne Courthouse

Charma will have a field day with three male opponents here. She can simply command them to fight each other, while Magno Lad and Black Mace pry the cage open.

Team Five: Magno Lad, Black Mace, and Charma (Postboot)

Wow, four super-assasins are here. Hmm...

I'm betting Neutrax and Mist Master can take out Titania, but Lazon will be too fast for them. Lazon takes out Neutrax, but he and Misty are at a stalemate.

Sunburst is protected against Lazon, but can't do anything back. That makes him an easy target for Computo. Mist Master tries to attack Computo, but come on...

[bTeam Seven: Computo, Lazon, and Titania [/b]

5. Team Nine: Lightning Lord, Mantis Morlo (Pre-Crisis), and Golden Boy vs. Team Ten: Holdur, Tusker, and Mano in Arkham Asylum

Oy. Holdur and Tusker are pretty useless here. Golden Boy kind of is as well (does he actually have to touch objects though?) Mano can simply disintegrate his way through anything, but...

I'll give this one to Team 9 because Mantis Morlo and his chemoids are there.

Team Nine: Lightning Lord, Mantis Morlo (Pre-Crisis), and Golden Boy

6. Team Eleven: Chameleon Chief, Size Lad, and Zepha vs. Team Twelve: Hunter, Evisceratronic, and Alaktor in the Iceberg Lounge

Assuming this battle starts right away, Hunter will be of little use. Size Lad can simply shrink Alaktor's belt so he can't use it. And Evisceratronic can only take out opponents he's facing - which won't help him against Chameleon Chief.

Team Eleven: Chameleon Chief, Size Lad, and Zepha

7. Team Thirteen: Stheno, Praetor Lemnos, and Spider Girl vs. Team Fourteen: Calorie Queen, Micro Lad, and Elysion (Threeboot) in Robinson Park

Hmm. Stheno would have an advantage ordinarily, but the park gives plenty of places for her opponents to hide. As long as they can avoid her gaze, they'll be fine.

On the other hand, we have Lemnos. Tough one.

Elysion is the only one who can take out Lemnos, by using his earth powers to mess with the ground. Given the devastation he caused in the Threeboot, he could flatten the entire opposing team just like that. He doesn't even need to remember Lemnos is there to succeed.

Team Fourteen: Calorie Queen, Micro Lad, and Elysion (Threeboot

8. Team Fifteen: Wild Huntsman, Command Kid, and Echo vs. Team Sixteen: Shagrek, Satan Girl, and Mystelor in the Gotham Museum

Echo could take out Satan Girl... IF he acted quickly enough. I'm betting she moves faster than sound, though... And then we have the telepathic Mystelor, who counteracts Command Kid expertly.

As these two mop up their opponents, Shagrek disintegrates the walls and security systems and claims the statue.

Team Sixteen: Shagrek, Satan Girl, and Mystelor

9. Team Seventeen: Twine, Emerald Empress (Pre-Crisis), and Earth-Man (Retroboot) vs. Team Eighteen: Pollen, Eyeful Ethel, and Ron-Karr in Arkham Asylum

I'd love to watch this battle just for the hilarity. The only way for Team 18 to win is for Team 17 to knock themselves out laughing!

Team Seventeen: Twine, Emerald Empress (Pre-Crisis), and Earth-Man (Retroboot)

10. Team Nineteen: Zymyr, Rogarth and Tharok vs. Team Twenty: Cosmic King, Apollo, and Evillo in Gotham's Chinatown

Apollo has little to work with, since his powers are more effective on women. Tharok as brains would command Zymyyr to teleport him and Rogarth behind Cosmic King and Evillo and take them both out. They then easily dispose of Apollo.

Team Nineteen: Zymyr, Rogarth and Tharok

11. Team Twenty-One: Esper Lass, Dr. Regulus, Monster Master vs. Team Twenty-Two: Sun Emperor, Stasi, and Tyr in Wayne Courthouse

Monster Master has little to work with, unless he can bring animals in. Doc Regulus and Sun Emperor stalemate each other.

That leaves Esper Lass vs. Stasi and Tyr. I'm not sure how powerful she is - can she control two minds at once? Even if she can, though, Tyr has his bionic hand as a bonus.

Team Twenty-Two: Sun Emperor, Stasi, and Tyr

Flare and Beauty Blaze stalemate each other, but Flare has the upper hand because she can fly. I'd give it to her but only after a long battle. OTOH, Dynamo Boy COULD give Beauty Blaze a boost - and he's one of the more cooperative villains, so I may have to rethink that.

Quicksand turns the ground beneath the other two to liquid, and turns the atomic axe to liquid for good measure. Tongue tries to take her out. Not sure how long his tongue is, though... in any case, whether or not he does manage to get to her, by that time Beauty Blaze should have beaten Flare. She can then take him out.

A powered up Beauty Blaze can simply burn any Joker traps that spring up while Dynamo Boy sorts through the cards.

Team Twenty-Four: Beauty Blaze, Quicksand, Dynamo Boy

[ December 17, 2011, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Round One Battles
1. Team One: Phantom Lad, Nardo, and Nemesis Kid vs. Team Two: Sugyn, Radiation Roy, and Hag in the Gotham Museum

I think this battle quickly deteriorates into destroying much of the museum, making finding that golden cat more difficult.

They could split up making that an advantage for Nemesis Kid but I imagine they would all show up at the same time and battle it out in the main hall of the museum.

I imagine some varied imperious statements like “What are YOU doing here ??” and “That golden cat is ours!!!”

Nardo rolls in with some Nardo androids because I think that’s just how he is.

I’m assuming that this Radiation Roy is the walking tank version, because it’s more fun.

Funny, that Roy is one of the only ones that can stop Phantom Lad. Roy takes out Phantom Lad, and then trades blasts with Nardo and the Nardo-bots. Roy may be able to take down a Nardo-bot but I think eventually Nardo blasts him through a wall or two.

Nemesis Kid has a hard time as long as there are so many characters in the battle. Also, the Hag is said to have precognition, so she may have prepared for some of this. Sugyn also sprays the opposition down at least knocking down Nardo and Nemesis Kid. I assume Sugyn comes prepared to unleash at least one blast … even though his power depends on available water.

Anyway, Nardo gets pissed and blasts down Sugyn, and for every magic trick the Hag has Nardo has a scientific weapon … leaving Nemesis Kid to finally be able to take the Hag down one on one.

And he and Nardo go find the golden cat amidst the rubble … and bicker over it.

1. Team One: Phantom Lad, Nardo, and Nemesis Kid

I think this battle starts pretty much the same, or one group busts in on the other.

Blackout Boy does his usual thing at first but … Ol-Vir just splatters him across the wall. Or throws a wall at him.

Starfinger freaks out and summons Starlight and Starbright to deal with Ol-Vir.

Caress and Silver Slasher try to jump in but Saturn Queen takes this opportunity to possess the opposing team. Heck, Ol-Vir might even join them, I doubt he cares about loyalty or his own interests since he’ always been shown as a follower. (They all may join, these three followers and Starfinger and Saturn Queen both leaders)

Saturn Queen keeps control of Ol-Vir to check Starfinger as they look for the golden cat.

Team Four: Starfinger, Blackout Boy, and Saturn Queen in the Gotham Museum

3. Team Five: Magno Lad, Black Mace, and Charma (Postboot) vs. Team Six: Arrow, Storm Boy, and Magnetic Kid in Wayne Courthouse

Charma really turns the tide here. And Black Mace is pretty tough.

Magno Lad, Black Mace, and Charma

hmm, I think Computo can take out Neutrax’s chair … maybe it’s shielded to Computo’s control but I doubt Nautrax can neutralize Coputo’s laser rays and/or a big Computo fist.

Mist Master is kind of useless since I think even Titania can hold her breath a long time and Lazon can become light … probably even blinding his old friend Mist Master, taking him out. Besides Mist Master will fold when Titania or Computo eventually takes out Sunburst.

Sunburst has a lot of tricks to use against Titania but I think the mega-villain Computo will either beat him eventually or sabotage all of Sunburst’s gadgets.

Computo for the win.

Team Seven: Computo, Lazon, and Titania

Mantis Morlo comes in carried on a litter by his Chemoids. Lightning Lord is complaining. They smash through a wall to get inside. Lightning Lord fries a bunch of guards.

Holdur and Tusker led by Mano encounter Morlo’s team amidst the fleeing of the Asylum’s inmates.

Tusker tackles the Chemoids. Lightning Lord takes out Holdur, and eventually Mano. Tusker MAY be able to take out Lightning Lord before Mekt fries him but I think the Chemoids could take down a weakend Tusker. But I think Mekt is pretty bad nass.

Team Nine: Lightning Lord, Mantis Morlo (Pre-Crisis), and Golden Boy

Evisceratronic and Alaktor are pretty useless, maybe they blast down Size Lad, but I think Zepha can take them out unless Alaktor exchanges her personality with a chimp. Or a hamster.

Hunter comes prepared, and even though Chameleon Chief is formidable. Hunter takes out Chameleon Chief and Hamster Zepha.

Team Twelve: Hunter, Evisceratronic, and Alaktor

Stheno rolls into the park shouting “I’M GONNA TURN YOU ALL TO STONE!!!”

Not sure what good Lemnos is here in a battle royal scene, maybe he can sneak up behind the others and knock them out with a candlestick ?

Anyway, Elysion erupts the park smashing everyone. Even a hidden Lemnos. Who I’ve always hated … weak and creepy …

Team Fourteen: Calorie Queen, Micro Lad, and Elysion (Threeboot) in Robinson Park

hmm, Command Kid may be able to confuse Satan Girl …

and Mystelor is so grossed out by her team mate Shagrek she can’t use her powers.

Echo blasts them all. I think Satan Girl freaks out and smashes everything around her when it seems her team is losing.

She can search the museum in a minute. And flies off with the golden cat leaving her lackeys behind.

Team Sixteen: Shagrek, Satan Girl, and Mystelor

This is a pretty funny match up. I’m not sure the Emerald Empress, Twine, and Earth-Man notice the others.

I imagine a funny scene where the Emerald Empress busts in on the opposing three just as they find the bust.

“GIVE ME THE BUST. NOW. “

and Ron-Karr politely hands it to her. hahaha

Apollo is useless against the males. “BAH!” Cosmic King can take out Tharok by transmuting his robot parts to air. Zymyr however attempts to teleport the opposing team away.

I think he is the faster teleporter as Evillo has to wait for his horns to grow out in order to blast and teleport the opposing team away.

Time in which Rogarth is busting Apollo’s head and being beat down by Cosmic King …

This is a close one but I think Zymyr can warp away the other team pretty quickly.

Team Nineteen: Zymyr, Rogarth and Tharok

Tyr guns down Esper Lass and Monster Master, and all of Monster Master’s cute fluffy critters.

Dr. Regulus vs. Sun Emporer but I think Tyr can blast away at the armor of Dr. Regulus until he falls.

Team Twenty-Two: Sun Emperor, Stasi, and Tyr in Wayne Courthouse

I guess Flare is the more powerful fire dealer, even though I don’t like her.

Dynamo Boy can keep Persuader busy.

I think I’ll give this battle to Persuader … because he’s nasty … besides I think the Joker has some sort of laughing gas trap that someone trips killing everyone except for Persuader who wears a helmet capable of air tightness.

Team Twenty-Three: Persuader, Ze Tongue, Flare

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Round One Battles

The Hag is kind of dangerous, but it takes time for her to work up a spell. Meanwhile, Nardo can dispatch Sugyn and then go after her. Nemesis Kid adapts lead shielding to protect him from Roy, and then takes him out. Meanwhile, Phantom Lad is busy stealing the golden cat.

Team One

Starfinger can use his force thrust beams to keep opponents at bay, which makes Caress and Silver Slasher basically useless. Assuming Saturn Queen can take control of Ol-Vir, the game is over.

Team Three

3. Team Five: Magno Lad, Black Mace, and Charma (Postboot) vs. Team Six: Arrow, Storm Boy, and Magnetic Kid in Wayne Courthouse

Hmm... so the this entire battles could hinge on whether we go with the fan theory that the Murrans are gay, and thus immune to postboot Charma's power! If so, he can throw Charma into a wall or something, but I still think Magno Lad and Black Mace will be more than a match for Team Six, so I think I'll give the victory to Team Five anyway.

Lazon, at the speed of light, takes down Sunburst and manages to dodge Neutrax's neutalizer beams to take him out. Mist Master chokes Titania, but is soon vacuumed up by Computo. Team Seven for the win!

Hmm... now I find myself wondering what happens if Golden Boy and Mano shake hands. Anyway, Lightning Lord is the big advantage for Team Nine, because his long-range attacks can pretty much take out the other team before any except perhaps Mano can get close. And if Morlo gets to start with one or more of his Chemoids, they'll slow Mano down enough that he's going to be taken out as well. So, victory to Team Nine

Hunter, Evisceratronic, and Alaktor have to got to be the craziest grouping of the match. Anyway, Alaktor tries to use his Marvel Belt, only to find it's been shrunk to tiny size by Size Lad. The Hunter's throws a net which gets blown back at him by Zepha, and Eviscertronic tries to use his power gem thing-a-mabob, only to find out it's really Chameleon Chief in disguise! Victory to Team Eleven

The park is the perfect environment for Elysion, who easily takes out Stheno before she can turn anyone to stone. Spider Girl tries to capture Calorie Queen, who promptly uses her super-strength to grasp her by the hair and twirl her around. Micro Lad is pretty sure he was supposed to be taking out someone as well, but can't remember who, and so Lemnos sneaks up on him and takes him down. But that trick won't work on Elysion and Calorie Queen, either one of which will make short work of him once they figure out he's there. So, Team Fourteen

Now this is an interesting fight. I'm seeing any of the Fifteeners being able to do much against Satan Girl, however, except possibly Command Kid whose powers are actually magic-based (as opposed to the faux magic of the Wild Huntsman). Shagrek and Mystelor are nothing to sneeze at either. So, I'll give it to Team Sixteen.

Pollen gives Earth-Man a serious sneezing fit, taking him out of the match. Ron-Karr manages to cleverly uses his power to dodge Twine's whip and then takes her out. And the Emerald Eye ditches Sarya for the host of its dreams, thus leading to the debut of Emerald Eyeful Ethel!! Darn it! My vote is Team Eighteen, and I'm sticking to it! [Wink]

Let's see Apollo's useless in this battle, unless a stray Chinese dragon happens to be wandering by (or maybe Man-Bat flies by). Cosmic King can pretty much take either Zymyr or Tharok out by transmuting either the bubble or the robot parts. Evillo can banish either Rogarth or Tharok to the Realm of Darkness. I'm not seeing any of the Nineteeners except possibly Tharok being all that effective against the other team, though. I'll go with Team Twenty!

Hmm... not the greatest of environments for an animal controller. Dr. Reg and SE are pretty much evenly matched, though SE has his powers naturally, while Reg's are via an artificial means. Esper Lass can control Tyr or Stasi, but probably not Tyr's gun hand, which is going to give Team 22 a huge advantage, and thus the victory.

Again, Flare versus Beauty Blaze is a pretty even match. Quicksand can take out the Persuader's atomic axe, but he's still pretty tough without it. Dynamo Boy can disable most traps without too much of a problem (and possibly set them off to his advantage), but let's suppose Ze Tongue manages to kayo him. Quicksand can douse Flare, giving Beauty Blaze the victory in the battle of the fire-maidens, allowing BB to turn her attention to the Persuader and Ze Tongue. So I think it's going to Team 24 at the end of the day.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Voting before reading anyone else's.

---

PART ONE

1. Team One: Phantom Lad, Nardo, and Nemesis Kid vs. Team Two: Sugyn, Radiation Roy, and Hag in the Gotham Museum

"Batter Up!" shouts Nardo and fires a nuclear bolt at Radiation Roy, incapacitating him before he can get close enough to use his radiation. "Foul Ball!" wails Nardo as he notices Hag cast a spell on Nemesis Kid which negates his power and allows Sugyn to blow him away with a water spurt. "Out Of Left Field!" gasps Nardo when he sees Phantom Lad sneak up behind Hag and knock her out. "Home Run!" gloats Nardo as he nuclear bolts Sugyn and then grabs the golden cat statue out of Phantom Lad's hands to bask in the glory on his own. "Jerk." mutters Phantom Lad.

Phantom Lad, Nardo & Nemesis Kid for the win.

2. Team Three: Ol-Vir, Caress, and Silver Slasher vs. Team Four: Starfinger, Blackout Boy, and Saturn Queen in the Gotham Museum

Team 4 has the advantage here by having three long-range fighters vs Team 3's two hand-to-hand combatants. While Saturn Queen shuts down Ol-Vir's mind, Blackout Boy shrouds his remaining opponents in darkness and then tells Starfinger where to aim to neutralise Caress. Silver Slasher's speed may enable her to avoid a few of Starfinger's blasts, but she's not strong enough to take out her three opponents (plus Ol-vir) on her own so, after a quick excursion to secure the statue, it's...

Starfinger, Blackout Boy & Saturn Queen for the win.

Charma compels her three male opponents to vanquish each other for her... and then forces Magno Lad and Black Mace to make out just for the kinky fun of it.

Magno Lad, Black Mace & Charma for the win.

4. Team Seven: Computo, Lazon, and Titania vs. Team Eight: Mist Master, Sunburst and Neutrax in the Iceberg Lounge

Lazon charges at Sunburst but bumps off his opponent's force shield. Neutrax seizes the opportunity to neutralise his old teammate's power before Computo suddenly takes control of his chair, sending it crashing into a wall. Sunburst blasts Titania with wave after wave of heat but she ploughs through it long enough to grab a hold of his sun device and crush it. Computo watches Mist Master sneak up on Titania to suffocate her and then uses the opportunity to trap them both in one of his force-shield prison things.

Computo, Lazon & Titania for the win.

Mano is his team's biggest threat so Lightning Lord will take him out quickly from a distance before he can get close enough to touch anything. Holdur gets Golden Boy in a vice-like grip... but then just gets turned to gold for his trouble. And Mantis Morlo throws a vial of high content sugar at Tusker's teeth, rotting them away.

Lightning Lord, Mantis Morlo & Golden Boy for the win.

Unfortunately for Team 12, all three of them rely on external devices for their powers - and they're up against one (possibly two if Chameleon Chief can do it too) opponent who can control all those devices remotely. So while Zepha keeps her enemies off balance, Size Lad shrinks down Hunter's traps, Evisceratronic's gem and Alaktor's belt - rendering them all powerless.

Chameleon Chief, Size Lad & Zepha for the win.

[ December 17, 2011, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

Blacula
Easy

PART TWO

Stheno attempts to turn her opponents into stone but only catches Calore Queen as Micro Lad shrinks out of the way of her vision and Elysion shields himself with a wall of earth, which he then uses to encase Stheno. Spider Girl attempts to entangle Elysion but Micro Lad sneaks into her brain and stuns her. Forgetting about Praeter Lemnos, they think they've won and let their guard down, and he seizes the opportunity to knock them both out.

Stheno, Praetor Lemnos & Spider Girl for the win.

Too funny that Shagrek and Mystelor wound up on the same team! Satan Girl, like all Kryptonians, is vulnerable to magic so Wild Huntsman's magic horn will keep her busy for a while. Mystelor will attempt to telekinetically and telepathically control the other two, but since she's also having to fend off Shagrek and his unwanted advances, this allows Command Kid time to distract them with an illusion and Echo to blow them away. After defeating Satan Girl, Wild Huntsman then snares the statue with his lasso.

Wild Huntsman, Command Kid & Echo for the win.

On paper this is an *extremely* one-sided match, but when you think about it, it's actually more interesting than that. Earth Man is at a distinct disadvantage here because, since his two allies rely on external devices, they don't have any powers he can absorb to boost his own. And I think the Emerald Empress and her Eye would probably be vulnerable to Pollen's poisonous spores, as would Earth Man. So that would take two of the biggest hitters of this whole tournament out of this match. If Twine can dodge the spores long enough she could catch Pollen with her whip, but that would give Eyeful Ethel and Ron-Karr the opportunity to team up and knock her out. And then Ron Karr would have no trouble slipping under doors to find the bust. So, surprisingly, I'm saying it's...

Pollen, Eyeful Ethel & Ron-Karr for the win.

Apollo's harp is unlikely to work on Zymyr or Tharok so he will quickly charm Rogarth into attacking his own teammates. Cosmic King will add to their woes by transmuting Zymyr's protective glass bubble into air, neutralising him. And Evillo will then just project his two battling opponents into the realm of darkness.

Cosmic King, Apollo & Evillo for the win.

The two pretty-much evenly-powered fire-wielders cancel each other out here, leaving it up to their teammates to win the day. Without any animals around to control, Monster Master is pretty-much useless, but provided she can beat Stasi to the punch, Esper Lass could mentally control both him/her(?) and Tyr. She won't have realised that Tyr's gun can detach and sneak up on her by itself though, and after that shock realisation it's...

Sun Emperor, Stasi & Tyr for the win.

12. Team Twenty-Three: Persuader, Ze Tongue, Flare vs. Team Twenty-Four: Beauty Blaze, Quicksand, Dynamo Boy in Amusement Mile

Close fight this one. The two fire-wielders pretty much cancel each other out again this round (however, if it comes down to it, I would say Beauty Blaze has the edge here by virtue of her experience and the boost that Dynamo Boy gives her). They're all pretty much long-range fighters too (assuming Persuader throws his axe). Ze Tongue could entangle Quicksand but needing to keep her tied up would take him out of the fight too. Persuader could destroy Dynamo Boy's belt with his axe (rendering him powerless) but if he wasn't quick enough to stop Beaty Blaze from defeating Flare he would then have to face her on his own. And I think her long-range abilities would win the day there.

Beauty Blaze, Quicksand & Dynamo Boy for the win.

[ December 17, 2011, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Round One Battle Results
1. Team One: Phantom Lad,Nardo, and Nemesis Kid
2. Team Four: Starfinger, Blackout Boy, and Saturn Queen
3. Team Five: Magno Lad, Black Mace, and Charma (Postboot)
4. Team Seven: Computo, Lazon, and Titania
5. Team Nine: Lightning Lord, Mantis Morlo (Pre-Crisis), and Golden Boy
6. Team Eleven: Chameleon Chief, Size Lad, and Zepha
7. Team Fourteen: Calorie Queen, Micro Lad, and Elysion (Threeboot)
8. Team Sixteen: Shagrek, Satan Girl, and Mystelor
9. Team Eighteen: Pollen, Eyeful Ethel, and Ron-Karr

"We, the villains of Arkham Asylum believe that power does not matter so much what one chooses to do with that power," Harley Quinn said.

10. Team Nineteen: Zymyr, Rogarth and Tharok

"We are impressed by the combat skills of Team Nineteen," A representative of the League of Assasins commented.

11. Team Twenty-Two: Sun Emperor, Stasi, and Tyr i
12. Team Twenty-Four: Beauty Blaze, Quicksand, Dynamo Boy

Now we leave Gotham city for the City of Tomorrow, Metropolis. Our guest stars have come from as far away as Apokolips to witness these fights. This round is sponsored by LuthorCorp.

Second Round Stages
LuthorCorp Headquarters: The goal is to defeat all your opponents as you ascend the building. The team must enter Lex Luthor's office and chose from one of three briefcases in order to win. The team that chooses the briefcase with kryptonite wins.
Bottled City of Kandor: This is in essence a cage match. One must defeat all opponents and find a way out of the Bottled City of Kandor in order to win.
Kirby Mountains: Each team starts at a different entrance to this tranquil forested area just outside of Metropolis. One must defeat all their opponents and find the hidden Mother Box on top of the tallest tree in order to win. Be wary that approaching Project Cadmus can be extremely dangerous.
Schuster Arena: Someone named Glorious Godfrey has given a generous donation for fights to bee held in this arena. He advertises jets of fire and torture devices, so it might be wise to defeat all your opponents as soon as possible.
S.T.A.R Laboratories: A maze of science and bureaucracy in which each team starts in a room on the top floor. They must defeat all their opponents and find their way out of this laboratory.
Daily Planet Rooftop: The Daily Planet roof has been the place of many battles. One must defeat all their opponents without falling off the roof. There are no penalties for destroying the logo due to an agreement with the city.

Round Two Battles
1. Team One: Tharok, Beauty Blaze, and Pollen vs. Team Two: Mantis Morlo, Zepha, and Golden Boy in LuthorCorp Headquarters
2. Team Three: Shagrek, Lightning Lord, and Rogarth vs. Team Four: Stasi, Ron-Karr, and Dynamo Boy on the Daily Planet Rooftop
3. Team Five: Chameleon Chief, Micro Lad and Titania vs. Team Six: Sun Emperor, Nemesis Kid
and Tyr in S.T.A.R Laboratories
4. Team Six: Calorie Queen, Charma, and Nardo
vs. Team Seven: Blackout Boy, Starfinger and Eyeful Ethel in the Bottled City of Kandor
5. Team Eight: Phantom Lad, Magno Lad, and Computo
vs. Team Nine: Saturn Queen, Black Mace, and Lazon
in Schuster Arena
6. Team Ten: Mystelor, Zymyr, and Elysion vs. Team Eleven: Satan Girl, Quicksand, and Size Lad in the Kirby Mountains

The votes are due by Wednesday December 21st at 1:00 P.M Central time. Thank you for your participation. I suggest listening to "The Scientist", "Jimmy Oleson's Blues", and "Kryptonite" during this round.

[ December 19, 2011, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.