Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » LSH Tournament Discussion (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: LSH Tournament Discussion
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Adding a few villains from the Postboot era. The rejected Legionnaires are arguable, of course:

Ze Tongue
Cherry Bomb
Density
Phantom Lad
Phy'r
Ebb
A'rie
Rrok
Composite Durlan
Titanor
Bandarkat
Scavenger
Evisceratronic (ugh)
Chronos
Quicksand
Holdur
Xotar
Domain
Dr. Savant
Howl
Gronk
Murdermaton
Xoth
Swool
Kuga

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Adding a few villains from the Postboot era. The rejected Legionnaires are arguable, of course:

Evisceratronic (ugh)

[LOL] I noticed he was missing from EDE's list and thought of adding him but then wondered - does anyone want to be reminded of this character?

But I actually don't mind him. I loved that the writers *finally* tied up that loose end with the sci-cop from the very beginning of the Reboot. And at least he didn't last more than a couple of panels. And he has a hilariously campy name.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you for your lists. I had to cut the number at 72 so it is the same number of characters that participated in the heroes tournament. I have edited the list a little and will list my reasons why:
5. Validus power cannot be calculated and since he has been shown beating Pre-Crisis Superboy he is usually banned from Tournaments. The name Validus still strikes fear on other gaming sections of other forums. I replaced him with Earth-Man because he has appeared recently and he has one of the most valuable Tournament powers.
6. Mordecai cannot compete for the same reasons Validus cannot compete. I replaced him with Eviceratronic because there appears to be interest for him to compete in the Tournament.
37. Universo's telepathy appears to be beyond Professor Xavier's level and perhaps is Sky-Father level. I don't think he should compete in Standard Tournaments. I have replaced him from Elysion because we need a villain from the Threeboot and Elysion is a personal favorite of mine.

1 Tharok
2. Emerald Empress
3.Mano
4.Persuader
5. Earth-Man
6. Caress
7. Flare
8. Evisceratronic
9. Neutrax
10. Silver Slasher
11. Titania
12. Lazon
13. Mist Master
14. Magno Lad
15. Esper Lass
16. Micro Lad
17. Chameleon Kid
18. Phantom Lad
19. Calorie Queen
20. Lightning Lord
21. Cosmic King
22. Saturn Queen
23. Chameleon Chief
24. Sun Emperor
25. Beauty Blaze
26. Echo
27. Radiation Roy
28. Spider Girl
29. Nemesis Kid
30. Ron-Karr
31. Zymyr
32. Hunter
33. Tyr
34. Ol-Vir
35. Monster Master
36. Nardo
37. Elysion
38. Dr. Regulus
39. Computo
40. Size Lad
41. Blackout Boy
42. Magnetic Kid
43. Alaktor
45. Evillo
46. Apollo
47. Wild Huntsman
48. Sugyn
49. Hag
50. Black Mace
51. Mystelor
52. Quanto
53. Rogarth
54. Shagrek
55. Command Kid
56. Dynamo Boy
57. Mantis Morlo
58. Meglaro
59. Roxxas
60. Satan Girl
70. Starfinger
71. Sun Woman
72. Sunburst

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Evisceratronic made it through! Here's hoping he somehow fumbles his way through to the end. haha

I am going to need to be reminded of what exactly his power was though. Actually, I'm going to need reminding of what a whole bunch of these characters' powers were - Neutrax, Monster Master, Nardo (other than being awesome and under-utilised), Elysion, Alaktor, Apollo... and more.

It might be worth having someone do a quick synopsis of each character for players who don't have time to search Wikipedia each round.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think Evisceratronic powers were really specified, were they? Someone will have to look it up.

It Universo is out, Meglaro should be as well, as he's arguably the most powerful telepath in the Legionverse.

I'll start writing up some quick summaries later on. I suspect we'll be wanting to make some more changes to the list as well.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

So, I assume the first few are really familiar, but here goes:

1. Tharok-- Cyborg, combines the super-intellect of his robot half with the ruthlessness of his human half. Robot side has numerous gadgets/weapons available to it.

2. Emerald Empress-- Controls the Emerald Eye of Ekron, a powerful artifact somewhat akin to a Green Lantern ring that allows her to fly and emit blasts of energy strong enough to take down a Kryptonian/Daxamite

3. Mano, power to disintegrate objects centered in his hand, at maximum power can destroy an entire world, also possesses super-speed & reflexes, relies on atmosphere helmet to survive in Earth environment

4. Persuader, wields atomic axe, which can slice through virtually anything, even forces such as gravity or barriers between dimensions if wielded with skill, which the Persuader seems to have.

5. Earth-Man, absorbs the powers of others via touch for limited periods (twelve hours?).

6. Caress, "acid touch" allows her to dissolve objects via her hands.

7. Flare, projects fire/flies

8. Evisceratronic, ???

9. Neutrax, can neutralize the powers of others for short periods of time (not clear on the extent of this, could he neutralize weapons like the atomic axe or Emerald Eye?)

10. Silver Slasher, metallic body and claws on fingertips, can also spin body at extreme speed

11. Titania, Super-strong (apparently Kryptonian class?) strength and some degree of invulnerability

12. Lazon, Can change body into any form of light

13. Mist Master, can change body into any form of gas

14. Magno Lad, Braalian magnetic abilities at advanced magno-ball champ level

15. Esper Lass, Titanian mental abilities, focused both on reading and controlling minds

16. Micro Lad, Imskian ability to shrink

17. Chameleon Kid, Durlan shape-changing abilities

18. Phantom Lad, Bgztlr ability to become intangible

19. Calorie Queen, Bismollian ability to consume any form of matter, plus super-strength equal to about three times normal human level

More to come later...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
8. Evisceratronic (ugh) - what a mess. anyway, he possessed a mystical gemstone that allowed him to fire blasts. Similar to the Emerald Eye, except just blasts.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

20. Lightning Lord -- Electrical generation

21. Cosmic King-- Transmutation rays from eyes

22. Saturn Queen-- Titanian telepathic abilities, usually focused on mind control and creating illusions

23. Chameleon Chief-- shape-changing ability; unlike Durlans, can also change shape of other objects

24. Sun Emperor-- Generates heat/light/fire

25. Beauty Blaze-- Generates fire

26. Echo-- Sound manipulation

27. Radiation Roy-- Generates radiation which can paralyze opponents

28. Spider Girl-- Super-Strong prehensile hair which can be expanded into "web" at will

29. Nemesis Kid-- ability to adapt whatever ability is needed to defeat any single opponent; power either shuts down or teleports him to safety if confronted with more than one opponent

30. Ron-Karr-- ability to become extremely flat

31. Zymyr-- Gil'Dishpan, scientific genius and teleporter

32. Hunter-- Master of traps and weaponry (or at least his father was)

33. Tyr-- Extremely strong and durable; bionic gun hand capable of flight/functioning independently of him

34. Ol-Vir-- Kryptonian class abilities

35. Monster Master-- Ability to control animals of all sorts

36. Nardo-- Can project nuclear bolts that can knock out or kill non-invulnerable opponents; various vision powers, including heat vision and radar vision (which allows him to detect invisible opponents); way too much knowledge of baseball for a being from another galaxy

37. Elysion-- Earth manipulator

38. Dr. Regulus-- technological based heat, light, and fire generation

39. Computo-- Highly advanced intelligence, able to invent more advance tech to improve itself; standard tech includes force shield and "z-rays" which can slice through matter

[ December 05, 2011, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

Eryk Davis Ester

40. Size Lad -- can shrink or enlarge inanimate objects

41. Blackout Boy -- projects darkness

42. Magnetic Kid -- can attract/repel organic material

43. Alaktor-- Super-scientist, whose "marvel belt" has the powers of "super-radiance, super-loud sound, mechanical hypnotizing, and others". Also invented "psycho-changer" which allows him to transfer minds from body to another.

45. Evillo-- Can temporarily grow horns on head that project blasts that allow him to paralyze opponents or project them into "the realm of darkness"; other tech includes concentrated bottles of pure evil that can be used to turn others evil

46. Apollo-- Uses magic harp to charm animals and people or cause tempers to flare up among them

47. Wild Huntsman-- Centaur who can create storms with his magic horn and expertly wields an electric lasso

48. Sugyn-- Can consume large quantities of liquid and then spit it out like a geyser. Carries horn which can be used to contain water.

49. Hag-- Black magic, rocket-powered broomstick

50. Black Mace-- "fast, agile, and deadly" with his mace

51. Mystelor-- Various mental abilities, including telepathy and (particularly) telekinesis

52. Quanto-- Ability to change into energy beam

53. Rogarth-- Daxamite-level super-strength and invulnerability

54. Shagrek-- Antennae project "disintegration beams" which have a limited range

55. Command Kid-- possessed by demon that allows him to create illusions

56. Dynamo Boy-- Super-belt gives him the ability to energize other people and things (e.g. he can recharge a battery or increase the energy/power levels of another person)

57. Mantis Morlo-- Evil super-scientist, specializing in chemistry; typically aided by "chemoid" assistants who can shift their elemental structure

58. Meglaro-- Extremely powerful telekinetic/telepath who can control the mind of anyone in his vicinity not protected by a lurium helmet

59. Roxxas-- Preboot version is space-pirate with ray gun; Postboot version is Daxamite

60. Satan Girl-- evil clone of Supergirl with Kryptonian-class powers

70. Starfinger-- Adventure Era version: Each finger on his hand creates a different effect (index finger-- lightning; middle finger-- force thrust ray; ring finger-- radiation; pinky-- freezing ray; thumb-- power-neutralizing ray), can scramble the powers of opponents by combing all of the rays; also wears armor that contains various defenses, such as missiles, mirrors that can reflect energy attacks, and super-hearing earphones)

71. Sun Woman-- Super-strength derived from solar energy

72. Sunburst-- Sun-powered device allows him to admit heat/light and protects him from energy attacks with a force shield.

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
4. Persuader, wields atomic axe, which can slice through virtually anything, even forces such as gravity or barriers between dimensions if wielded with skill, which the Persuader seems to have.
Nyeun Chun Ti also came from a high gravity world and has enhanced strength and endurance (although not Superman-class or anything, just better-than-human).

quote:
5. Earth-Man, absorbs the powers of others via touch for limited periods (twelve hours?).
24 hours, IIRC, not that it matters for the purposes of a tournament (unless he's facing a time manipulator, like Kid Quantum 2, who could make his powers wear off early...).

quote:
9. Neutrax, can neutralize the powers of others for short periods of time (not clear on the extent of this, could he neutralize weapons like the atomic axe or Emerald Eye?)
Can also use his neutralizing gaze to kill people (or drop them into comas) by 'neutralizing' their brainwaves or some such thing.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Set:

quote:
24 hours, IIRC, not that it matters for the purposes of a tournament (unless he's facing a time manipulator, like Kid Quantum 2, who could make his powers wear off early...).

I suppose the important thing for tournament purposes is whether he starts each round "clean", or can carry over powers from previous rounds.
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Can also use his neutralizing gaze to kill people (or drop them into comas) by 'neutralizing' their brainwaves or some such thing.

I need to know if he has displayed the neutralizing ability to kill or drop people into coma in the Reboot. We need to be careful in regards to feats attributed to Pre-Crisis characters.

I think Earth-Man should start each round "clean" in order to avoid giving him an advantage. His base power is the power to absorb other powers, which is already highly valuable in tournaments.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Emily Sivana:
quote:

I need to know if he has displayed the neutralizing ability to kill or drop people into coma in the Reboot. We need to be careful in regards to feats attributed to Pre-Crisis characters.

I doubt he's displayed it since his first appearance. The LSA in general suffered serious villain decay after their initial run in with the Legion.
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Emily Sivana:
quote:
[qb]Can also use his neutralizing gaze to kill people (or drop them into comas) by 'neutralizing' their brainwaves or some such thing.

I don't think any of the League of Super-Assassins even existed in the reboot...
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

^ Thanks for the above descriptions EDE. They'll be super-helpful.
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.