Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » LSH Tournament Discussion (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: LSH Tournament Discussion
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
We should've organized our picks together survivor style ... Otherwise we may have to vote again !
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, this is a bit of a work in progress. Normally in Tournaments there is a Street-leveler Wild Card, maybe a Trade Round between players, and simply bringing back another team. The problem is (as you can see from the previous page) the Legion of Super-Heroes aren't structured the way some other super-hero teams are. If I had to assign statistical points most of them would be 3 or 4 on a scale of 1-4.

What is survivor style?

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Like the tv show ... People meet/discussion in secret 'alliances' to 'pool' their votes ...

Let's all vote for dream girl for example ... Hint hint ... [Wink]

Nothing special

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, 4 voters in and nobody besides Duplicate Damsel has more than one vote!

What happens if ties can't be broken? Another round of voting, or perhaps everyone makes it back in? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd suggest giving us about twelve votes instead of six. That way, if five people vote you're guaranteed that at least six characters will get at least two votes.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I will change it to twelve votes then. How does everyone like the Tournament so far? What changes do you want to see in the LSV Tournament?

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I'm enjoying it immensely so far! I've mentioned all my suggestions for now, but I will let you know if I think of any more.

Thanks for the hard work, Emily.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

The 12 pick version is actually looking to have some similar choices :

Shadow lass
Duplicate girl
And compute might make it in !

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Maybe some new venues or even tasks fir the lsv one. I think a lot of the dumb crooks might havea hard time with the simplest tasks lol. Or lighting lord would keep hearing the storm talk to him ....

Maybe some legion or comics related venues [shrug]

Eryk Davis Ester

Looks to me like we've got 5 people with either 3 or 4 votes at the moment.

If no one breaks the tie for the sixth position, I'd suggest randomly picking from among those with 2 votes.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

I agree that is the best way to break the ties. Computo will return to the Tournament unless the count changes between now and 9:00 P.M Central Time tomorrow.

My main problem for Legion super-villains is the opposite of the problem I have encountered with the LSH. There are alot of Legion villains that are simply too powerful to be allowed in Standard Tournaments; Mordru being the most obvious example. I have wrote down all the villains I can think of and have only found 40 able to compete.

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Maybe we should have an uber-tournament with all kryptonians and above ! [Big Grin]
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Maybe the uber-powerful Legion villains can be put in a league of their own.

And knowing the encyclopedic knowledge of Legion Worlders, maybe we can help you populate the list for the LSV tourney, Emily.

Btw, as of now I count Duplicate Damsel with 4 votes; Nightwind, Tyroc, Computo and Bouncing Boy with 3; and 9 other Legionnaires with 2 each (Brainiac 5, Dragonmage, Infectious Lass, Karate Kid, Kinetix, Matter-Eater Lad, Polar Boy, Sensor Girl, Shadow Lass).

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

I'd be happy to help work up a list of villains.
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I'd be happy to help as well, if needed.

Btw - I think Kinetix's powers can also affect animate creatures. In Legionnaires 39 she was able to telekinetically lift Karate Kid; in Legionnaires 50 she shoved Mordru with her powers; and in Legionnaires 65 she lifted several Dark Circle soldiers at once.

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.