Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » LSH Tournament Discussion (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: LSH Tournament Discussion
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The various wiki's also say she can create light and forcefields and stuff ...

actually one wiki defined her terraform powers, mostly as being to develop whatever power she needed.

[shrug] my favorite Zoe is actually Sci Police Zoe.

It's getting close, we may need a tie breaker for some of these,

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Sci Cop Zoe would be cool! Imagine a telekinetic with kickass police training. Before she was terrorformed, Zoe was able to make shields and create glows. Too bad none of those really help against her current opponents :/

Btw, Peebz, after reading your vote in the tournament I got to thinking - I'd totally forgotten about Tyroc's other powers way way back. Now I think of him as a sound manipulator, period. Whoops.

Good point on Andromeda vs. Supergirl, too. I was thinking the same thing - in Adventure, they made a big deal of calling Mon-El the mightiest Legionnaire, so I always thought of him as just a little bit more powerful than Superboy...

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
yeah, sci cop zoe was nice in Legion Worlds I think, they had her grow up. It seems like she's basically a powerful telekinetic.

I still go back and forth on that Tyroc battle ... I think Tyroc would beat Lightning Lad still but ... I wonder how much smarter Supergirl is than Andromeda since Supergirl has been shown to do all sorts of cool stunts with her powers.

Andy fought BION though.

If it wasn't the furnace stage, Duplicate Damsel could run rampant!

It would be interesting to do a last individual standing tournament, i think it would be roughly the same ...

Imra
Zoe
Tyroc
Duplicate Damsel
Kono

would all get far, it seems they're wining these group battles rather than the Daxxamites or Kryptonians. (from my experience)

It's hard to beat an opponent who could turn you intangible.

[ November 30, 2011, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

we might need a tie breaker if no one else votes.

for the Andromeda verus Supergirl match.

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
For future tournaments, I think a little more of a refresher/specification on what various characters can do might be a good idea.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

should we do that before the finale round just to refresh?
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
That might be a good idea. I want to say that I want to stay away from NuDCU versions of characters until we have enough issues to establish feats. I also need to know how much Pre-Crisis continuity is in the Retroboot, and how much is not canon. I need to know this because it is standard to disallow certain characters/feats because they are Pre-Crisis.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

1.Team One: Kono, Chlorophyll Kid, and *Saturn Girl

Kono (Glorithverse)
Chlorophyll Kid (Retroboot)
Saturn Girl (Retroboot)

2. Team Four: Supergirl, Duplicate Damsel, and *Tyroc

Supergirl (Retroboot)
Tyroc (Retroboot)
Duplicate Damsel (Retroboot)

... This one is gonna be good.

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Maybe for the last round, we can just agree among ourselves which powers/abilities are in play based on the versions of the characters.

PS, who would have thought Chlorophyll Kid would make it to the end? Whoo! Take that, snotty Adventure Era Legionnaires!

Garth vs. Imra would have been cool too, though.

Here are my thoughts...

Final Round

Team One

1) Kono - can shift mass around. Think Star Boy, Light Lass powers + Phantom Girl, except she can also phase others as well. On the other hand, she doesn't seem to be able objects as large as what Thom/Ayla could? Let's say her limit is about the mass of one person.

2) Supergirl - standard Kryptonian powers. Also adept at science.

3) Tyroc - sound manipulation, flight. Current version hasn't demonstrated the reality-warping versions of the old Tyroc.

Team Two

1) Saturn Girl - standard Imra. Extremely skilled telepath. Affect senses, shut down minds, limited control over another's actions.

2) Chlorophyll Kid - can grow plants. Glorithverse version could also control them I believe, but not sure if this one can. I'm leaning towards can't, or at least he only has limited control over their natural abilities (i.e. he can make plants release spores or swing vines around, but can't suddenly make roses shoot their thorns or make coconuts explode)

3) Duplicate Damsel - can make an infinite number of duplicates. I think all her duplicates are identical? Does each duplicate have greater strength or speed than a normal woman would? I think not right?

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Thanks IB, I was thinking along the same lines ...

I think I read before that Kono was limited to a large humanoid, IIRC, and if she has a weakness it's overconfidence, she once shifted Bion into the floor and thought she dealt with him and he nearly got the drop on her because surprise! he can phase like Tinya.

I kinda think that Postboot Imra is way more hardcore than even the badnass Retroboot Imra. She created a long term illusion of Tinya, and was shown to be blasting groups of people.

A couple points, I was confused about what a Retroboot Supergirl was .. but decided it didn't matter in the battle, Kara is still super fast. and I would prefer if Tyroc had at least some of his reality warping tricks, explained somehow, but ... he's still incredibly formidable with just his sound manipulation.

In my opinion, I wish they had said Lu could only create 60 or 100 duplicate ... infinite duplicates is crazy. She could take any team down almost but .. I just figure she needs some time to create duplicates ... it's not like *BAM instant infinite duplicates*

[ December 01, 2011, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I agree, Peebz! I've seen Postboot Imra take out way more combatants at a time than Retroboot Imra ever did.

As for Supergirl, I'm not sure if there are any differences. I do know that current Supergirl is said to less likely to hold back, because she's not as used to her powers.

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
In terms of versions of characters, I tend to just go with the most consistent/popular iteration of each character, rather than when they were at their most powerful.

This will usually mean their preboot/retroboot version, rather than their postboot or threeboot versions.

So, for example, the Shrinking Violet in my battles will never have her growing power since - a) I hated her with that power; and b) she only had that power for a very short period of her character's history anyway.

For all the characters with inconsistent, deus ex-machina type powers I tend to just use those powers that they are most identified with (i.e. telekenetic manipulation for Kinetix, time-stasis for Kid Quantum II, sound shock-waves for Tyroc, etc).

The other reason I tend to stick with the preboot/retroboot versions of characters is that the postboot (as much as I loved it) unfortunately occurred during a time in history when lots of creators (and fans) seemed to think that characters weren't good enough unless they had their powers amplified.

So suddenly - Invisible Kid can make other people invisible too; Saturn Girl can control whole crowds of people at once; Shadow Lass can use her dark field like a Green Lantern ring; ditto Brainiac 5 with his force-field; Triplicate Girl is strong enough to take down a Daxamite; Kinetix and Kid Quantum II keep having random and unrelated powers added to their arsenals; and so on.

I am definitely not one of those people who think a character needs to be overly-powered to be interesting so I'm not keen on using short-lived, disproportionately powered (in relation to their teammates/opponents) versions of these characters in these games.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I consider Retroboot Supergirl to be the Supergirl who debuted in Superman/Batman. She is not the same as the Pre-Crisis Supergirl in terms of feats and statistics; in general Pre-Crisis characters are ranked higher than Post-Crisis characters. Characters such as Pre-Crisis Superman are banned from standard Tournaments for that reason.

Should I continue using this thread for LSV Tournament planning or should I make a new one?

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
We might as well continue using this thread.

Here's a bunch of villains (which others can probably add to):

Tharok
Emerald Empress
Mano
Persuader
Validus
Caress
Flare
Mordecai
Neutrax
Silver Slasher
Titania
Lazon
Mist Master
Magno Lad
Esper Lass
Micro Lad
Chameleon Kid
Phantom Lad
Calorie Queen
Lightning Lord
Cosmic King
Saturn Queen
Chameleon Chief
Sun Emperor
Beauty Blaze
Echo
Radiation Roy
Spider Girl
Nemesis Kid
Ron-Karr
Zymyr
Hunter
Tyr
Ol-Vir
Monster Master
Nardo
Universo
Dr. Regulus
Computo
Size Lad
Blackout Boy
Magnetic Kid
Alaktor
Evillo
Apollo
Wild Huntsman
Sugyn
Hag
Black Mace
Mystelor
Quanto
Rogarth
Shagrek
Command Kid
Dynamo Boy
Mantis Morlo
Meglaro
Roxxas
Satan Girl
Starfinger
Sun Woman
Sunburst
Uli Algor
Grimbor
Charma
Dr. Mayavale
Lady Memory
Vyrkos
Grinn
Composite Man
Tangleweb
Repulse
Abyss
Brainstorm
Twine
Nadir
Cortex
Emerita
Razorsoul
Gangster
Pollen
Bronto
Singularity
Devil
Canary
Lantern
Arrow
Praetor Lemnos
Elysion
Gron
Kynda
Phren
Zepha
Stasi
Earth-Man
Eyeful Ethel
Tusker
Golden Boy
Storm Boy

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

I can't wait to play Emerald Empress ... [Big Grin] AND mean guys like Tyr, Tharok.

Since this is a villain tournament, is lethal force imaginable?

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.