Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » LSH Tournament Discussion (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: LSH Tournament Discussion
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
As far as the line-up goes, as I said before Meglaro might be too powerful for this game, since most battles with him are pretty much going to go "Meglaro takes over everyone's mind on the field" until he runs into someone like Computo (who I have no idea if he could control).

We also have a whole bunch of fire/heat themed characters, who we could probably replace to get some variety.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
What about Mano being able to destroy the world with his hand ?
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I have been looking at the list, and perhaps we can replace Meglaro with Charma. Would everyone else be willing to support this?

Has Mano actually been shown on-panel destroying a world with his hand?

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

^^It's part of his origin, both in the original recipe and in the reboot. It's not something he can do regularly, however. He has to rest for quite awhile to let his power build up.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, he did only do it the one time, and it's entirely possible that it took him weeks, months or even years to build up to that level.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm all for taking out the more powerful members (Meglaro, Ol-Vir, Emerald Empress, etc) and replacing them with the more interestingly powered "weaker" members (Charma, Grimbor, Ron-Karr, etc).

It's much more interesting writing/reading a battle between characters who have to creatively fight their way to a win, rather than just blast away all of their opponents with their superior powers.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I think we have enough characters who could take out the Empress (Cosmic King and Starfinger can both exploit the Eye's vulnerability to kryptonite; Blackout Boy might be able to temporarily blind it; Nemesis Kid could adapt something like Ferro Lad's power, ala Superboy's Legion) that I'm okay with leaving her in, but I'd be happy to get rid of some of the duplicate power-classes in favor of a more interesting variety of powers.

I'd definitely like to see some folks like Ze Tongue or Canary in the game.

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree re: duplicates. Besides the fire/heat, let's take out some of the super-strength characters too? I'm thinking the likes of Sun Woman and Rogarth.

Re Empress, if Polar Boy was able to put the Eye out of commission for a while by freezing it, then I think EE is not too powerful for this game.

Agree re quirky/unique villains like Ze Tongue, Charma, Quicksand. They'll add a lot of flavor, like Evisceratronic does [Wink]

Maybe we can take out some of the ones with less personality, like the Murran spies (Size Lad, Blackout Boy, Magnetic Kid).

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

The Murrans have interesting powers, so I vote to keep them. But definitely agreed about the super-strong characters.
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I have decided that we should start the LSV Tournament next Friday. This gives us plenty of time to prepare for it, but also not enough time that we will forget about it.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

I want to start the Tournament this Friday; if you have any suggestions for replacement characters, rules, or anything else please post soon.

This is the current list:

1 Tharok
2. Emerald Empress
3.Mano
4.Persuader
5. Earth-Man
6. Caress
7. Flare
8. Evisceratronic
9. Neutrax
10. Silver Slasher
11. Titania
12. Lazon
13. Mist Master
14. Magno Lad
15. Esper Lass
16. Micro Lad
17. Chameleon Kid
18. Phantom Lad
19. Calorie Queen
20. Lightning Lord
21. Cosmic King
22. Saturn Queen
23. Chameleon Chief
24. Sun Emperor
25. Beauty Blaze
26. Echo
27. Radiation Roy
28. Spider Girl
29. Nemesis Kid
30. Ron-Karr
31. Zymyr
32. Hunter
33. Tyr
34. Ol-Vir
35. Monster Master
36. Nardo
37. Elysion
38. Dr. Regulus
39. Computo
40. Size Lad
41. Blackout Boy
42. Magnetic Kid
43. Alaktor
45. Evillo
46. Apollo
47. Wild Huntsman
48. Sugyn
49. Hag
50. Black Mace
51. Mystelor
52. Quanto
53. Rogarth
54. Shagrek
55. Command Kid
56. Dynamo Boy
57. Mantis Morlo
58. Charma
59. Roxxas
60. Satan Girl
70. Starfinger
71. Sun Woman
72. Sunburst

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I suggest we replace the ff. villains because of their duplicate powers and lack of interesting personalities:

1) Chameleon Kid
2) Sun Woman
3) Rogarth
4) Sunburst
5) at least two of the ff: Beauty Blaze/ Sun Emperor / Flare/ Dr. Regulus (personally I prefer keeping Flare and the Doc)
6) Quanto (arguable since we already have Lazon, but Quanto is more powerful)
7) Echo (only bec. we also included him in the heroes tourney)
8) one of Tyr/Black Mace/Hunter
9) POSSIBLY one of Mystelor/Esper Lass/Saturn Queen (Mystelor has more powers, but I found Esp and SQ more interesting. Two telepaths isn't too many.)

Suggested replacements:

1) Ze Tongue (long, shapeshifting tongue)
2) Cherry Bomb (can explode but needs to recharge)
3) Quicksand (can turn liquids into solids and vice versa)
4) Holdur (powerful grip)
5) Twine (has a whip that drains energy)
6) Brainstorm (telekinetic who animates plastic puppets and has an enormous mean streak)
7) Abyss (can send people into a cold "void")
8) A'rie (wind elemental)/ Zepha (wind powers)
9) Ebb (water elemental)
10) Pollen (plant powers)
11) Gangster (can duplicate at least six bodies)
12) Stheno (turns people into stone - like a Medusa)

I also suggest we specify which versions of the ff. we'll use, since their Preboot and Postboot versions are vastly different:

1) Computo
2) Roxxas
3) Emerald Empress (who has multiple Preboot versions too! - I vote we pick the classic one)
4) Mantis Morlo
3) Charma (Preboot could make women hate her and men love her. Postboot had mind-control powers over men only)

Would love to see Charma vs. Apollo!

[ December 15, 2011, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Of the members IB is suggesting for removal I'd like to keep any two of the fire-based villains, any one of the telepaths, Echo (because he has a unique power not duplicated by any of the others) and at least two of Tyr, Black Mace and Hunter (just because I like them).

For his suggested replacements I'd like to support Ze Tongue, Cherry Bomb, Quicksand, Holdur, Twine and Stheno.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Twine

Quicksand

Stheno

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

I'm happy with taking out any of those Ibby suggests, though I'd also happy leaving all three telepaths in.

I'm strongly in favor of including:

Ze Tongue, Quicksand, Holdur, and Twine.

I vote original recipe Computo, original recipe Emerald Empress, original recipe Charma, and, I suppose, original recipe Mantis Morlo as well.

The problem with Roxxas is that he'll be pretty useless if you make it the original, but arguably too powerful if you make it the postboot. I'd be happy just to take him out.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.