Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » LSH Tournament Discussion (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: LSH Tournament Discussion
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm fine with whatever.

BRING ON THE CARNAGE !!!!

[Bouncing Boy]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:

The problem with Roxxas is that he'll be pretty useless if you make it the original, but arguably too powerful if you make it the postboot. I'd be happy just to take him out.

We could also have him be the somewhat crazy 5YL Roxxas, but I also don't mind taking him out. We already have Ol-Vir anyway.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I have taken some suggestions into consideration and have edited the lost. I think it might be a good idea to finalize the list before we decide which versions of the characters will participate.

1 Tharok
2. Emerald Empress
3.Mano
4.Persuader
5. Earth-Man
6. Caress
7. Twine
8. Evisceratronic
9. Neutrax
10. Silver Slasher
11. Titania
12. Lazon
13. Mist Master
14. Magno Lad
15. Esper Lass
16. Micro Lad
17. Ze Tongue
18. Phantom Lad
19. Calorie Queen
20. Lightning Lord
21. Cosmic King
22. Saturn Queen
23. Chameleon Chief
24. Sun Emperor
25. Beauty Blaze
26. Echo
27. Radiation Roy
28. Spider Girl
29. Nemesis Kid
30. Ron-Karr
31. Zymyr
32. Hunter
33. Tyr
34. Ol-Vir
35. Monster Master
36. Nardo
37. Elysion
38. Dr. Regulus
39. Computo
40. Size Lad
41. Blackout Boy
42. Magnetic Kid
43. Alaktor
45. Evillo
46. Apollo
47. Wild Huntsman
48. Sugyn
49. Hag
50. Black Mace
51. Mystelor
52. Holdur
53. Rogarth
54. Shagrek
55. Command Kid
56. Dynamo Boy
57. Mantis Morlo
58. Charma
59. Roxxas
60. Satan Girl
70. Starfinger
71. Quicksand
72. Sunburst

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Some quick points -

* The list jumps from 60-70 with nothing in between.
* I'm not in favour of any "to the death" rounds.
* I prefer the most popular/consistent/utilised version of each character.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Some notes on new additions to the list:

7. Twine - DNA era: wields an energy whip that can sap the strength of anyone it touches

17. Ze Tongue - Postboot; shapeshifting tongue

52. Holdur - Preboot and Postboot; super-strong grip

58. Charma (Postboot)- can mind-control men ONLY. no effect on women.

59. Stheno - Postboot; can turn people who look at her into stone

61.Pollen - Postboot; only demonstrated power is unleashing poisonous spores

62. Arrow - Postboot; weapons expert

63. Praetor Lemnos - Threeboot; instantly makes people forget anything

64. Zepha - Threeboot; wind powers

65. Stasi - Threeboot; stasis fields

66. Eyeful Ethel - Preboot; can grow extra eyes anywhere

67. Tusker - Preboot; super long teeth

68. Golden Boy - Preboot; turns anything into gold

69. Storm Boy - Preboot; artificial storm creation

71. Quicksand - Preboot and Postboot; can turn liquids into solids and vice versa. Postboot version could also affect organic beings.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
This website is really helpful for those of us more rusty on our villains than our heroes:

http://www.studiosanning.shawbiz.ca/legion_of_super-heroes/rogues_gallery/s.htm

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

.... I am now imagining a giant sized Emerald Eyeful Ethel smashing Arkham Asylum.
Blacula
Easy

So Apollo's powers only work on females? Whoops. I hadn't realised that.

The idea of Emerald Eyeful Ethel is inspired too! [LOL]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:

Females and animals!

I'm amazed someone else picked Ron/Ethel/Pollen to go through!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

quote:
[QB]So Apollo's powers only work on females? Whoops. I hadn't realised that.

Maybe it's time for his powers to be *modernized*

... Apollo's HOT!!

[Wink]

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

quote:
quote:

Females and animals!

I was with you Blacula when you said Pollen could stun the Empress and Earth Man ....

... but I still don't think that Ron-Karr and Eyeful Ethel can take down Twine. [Big Grin]

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you for your votes so far. I have already begun brainstorming ideas for stages in the next round. I have decided to use Superman's enemies for the next round and would like a little input as to what you want to see. I want to use Project Cadmus or its counterpoint the Evil Factory, but realize Kirby's designs were massive. Which do you think I should use and which specific parts would you like to see?

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
quote:
quote:

Females and animals!

I was with you Blacula when you said Pollen could stun the Empress and Earth Man ....

... but I still don't think that Ron-Karr and Eyeful Ethel can take down Twine. [Big Grin]

Well, I was thinking that if Twine has her whip wrapped around Pollen, and she pretty much has to hold onto that whip at the same time, then what has she got left to fight off Ron-Karr and Ethel with?

Admittedly, Ron-Karr and Ethel are probably two of the weakest fighters in this game, but I think even the two of them could find a way to defeat a distracted, one-handed opponent who is without her primary weapon.

That is such a weird match-up because, like I said, Pollen's group is so much less powerful than Empress' - but IMO it's still a match-up where the underdogs could conceivably win the day.

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I pretty much started with the thought that "Wow, that's an incredibly lopsided battle!" then started thinking "Well, Earth Man's actually pretty useless here..." and then it started to seem plausible that Ron-Karr could possibly avoid Twine's whip as well, and then I was like "Aw, crap! There's nothing they could do against the Emerald Empress, though..." and then I remembered the old theory that Ethel was the perfect host for the Eye and it just seemed too cool not to go with!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

It IS plausible, and I can see it happening. I'm almost tempted to change my vote, especially since I suggested Pollen for the game!

quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
quote:
[QB]So Apollo's powers only work on females? Whoops. I hadn't realised that.

Maybe it's time for his powers to be *modernized*

... Apollo's HOT!!

[Wink]

With all the male villains in this game, that could be veeeeeery interesting [Wink]

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.