Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » **RESULTS** (Five MUST Die!!) (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: **RESULTS** (Five MUST Die!!)
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
The title says it all: if five Legionnaires HAD TO die, which five would you choose?

[ August 02, 2003, 05:41 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Btw, thanks to EDE for helping me with the list of Legionnaires (I just copied what he had for "all time fav Legionnaires" and kept current members)
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay that was hard. And I'll probably take some flak since, of course, I chose Kid Q and XS. Seriously, I'm not a bigot.

As for why I chose Apparition, simple. I'd like to see a custody battle for Cub between Brin and Jo.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Considering Apparition's so pale it makes up for you voting for XS and Kid Q .. I almost added Cub and Rj Brande to the poll -- I kinda wonder what woulda happened if I did.
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well since they are not officially Legionnaires some might have called you on it. I think the list is good as you did it.

And I still probably would have voted the way I did. I would have let Cub live and R.J. would have been too easy due to his age to include I wouldn't have thought about adding him to my list.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, if you had voted for Gear too, then we'd be worried about you, LL. I just think you're sexest. [Wink]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

When I was voting, I was afraid that I'd vote out anyone who wasn't around at the time I started reading LSH, which would have been another kind of prejudice (something TMK had no problem displaying).
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Drake,

Could you remind me of when you started reading the book? I remember reading it, but can't recall at this time.

I'm afraid I'm guilty of the prejudice that you speak of, I only voted for post-boot characters. I guess I hold them responsible for denying the current reality of Sun Boy, Chemical King, Princess Projectra, Dawnstar and the rest.

[ July 21, 2003, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't vote in terms of "who should die." I simply cannot. The whole point of the Legion is that they should live, thrive, and be genuinely heroic. I'll conceive of this in my mind, instead, as voting for my five least favorite characters.

By the way, to allude to a question back on the old DCMBs that this evoked: I don't "hate," or even wish ill, anyone who achieved Legion membership honorably. Not one. All have my respect as characters for having made that accomplishment. (Some, o'course, did not obtain it honorably. Such as {urrgh} "Bounty," whatever that malevolent spirit was.)

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Well, if you had voted for Gear too, then we'd be worried about you, LL. I just think you're sexest. [Wink]

You may be joking but you could be right. I always have trouble picking my favorite female Legionnaire and usually go with Imra just because of Garth. Hell, I am a sexest bigot. I wonder if there is a room available at 704 Hauser Street.

(For those who don't know, that's the Bunker's address from All in the Family.)

Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
Haven't voted yet, but I had thought of doing a Poll like this Drake, but figured everybody would kick the shit outta me for it!

Better you than me! After all you're just a bag o' energy.

While I, I am just a windbag. [Big Grin]

[Chameleon Boy]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
Voted and saw the results.

You know, what's interesting isn't just the big vote-getters, but those who got no votes, 0%. These are the L's that nobody wants to die, to be gone from the series.

Perhaps this is an additional strong measure of their "favoritism."

[Chameleon Boy]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
that was very hard !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
After my recent fanfic, my answers will come as no surprise

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
and ooops, I forgot to include Saturn Girl in my list...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.