Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » I have cracked Mark Waid's code (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I have cracked Mark Waid's code
Valor1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valor1   Email Valor1         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Some brilliant analyses, here, people.
I agree - this is one of my favorite threads on the board.
From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
[QB]Ayla is very much not an optimist, having a more cynical view of people, and, if one were to define her by her powers, seems to float like a feather on the wind through relationships, and through points of view. She's actively contrary, like trying to catch a dandelion seed, only to have it float away every time you snatch at it, pushed away by the air pressure from your hand./QB]

You could also say that her power is one of active contrariness, as well--she cancels and reverses an otherwise universal force. Hence she instinctively resists any majority trend.

Star Boy's the exact opposite--a natural conformist, with the power to intensify that same universal force.

From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I was backing up some pics from my digital camera and looking for the picture of Waid and Kitson I took at a creators forum at the Baltimore con. I thought I might post it here and start a thread for people to add their own irreverent captions. In the forum, Waid was talking and talking, Kitson was quietly sitting by -- made me think of this thread.

It seems to me that Cos' and Brainy's behavior in "leading" the Legion are sort of like exaggerated projections of Waid and Kitson.

Waid talks . . . a lot. Anyone who's heard him can attest to that. He's the primary writer of the title's dialog. Kitson seems to add subtle, sly, intellectual touch to the work -- Dream Girl watching a MacBeth video -- a Hamlet reference in Brainy's lab.

Let's hope Lightning Lad isn't a projection of Wacker. I'd hate to see him leave abruptly.

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.