Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Have a favorite but can't explain why? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Have a favorite but can't explain why?
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Some of you know that Dream Girl's my favorite from way back. I can tell you exactly why.

I've also mentioned that my other favorite from way back is Princess/Queen Projectra. I don't know why. It's not her powers. It's not That Costume. It's not her personality or storylines. The royalty thing doesn't do anything for me either. Yet she zoomed right to the top of my list.

One of our new members has mentioned that she has an I-don't-know-why interest, so I suppose I'm not the only one. Anyone else?

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I know why all my favorites are my favorites. I guess I don't belong in the I-don't-know-why club! [Frown]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, so I know it's not Legion but... Havok from the X-Men. Don't ask me why, I can't give you an answer. But I love the jerk.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Sketchy's also a favorite (and I don't need to explain why - just go over to Bits) but I don't know why he posted to this thread! (*tee-hee*)
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Golgorth from Empire
Coriolanus
MLLASH
crotch-arrow-suited Element Lad
Alfa Romeos
any Dream Girl

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't even know why I like the Legion in the first place. I especially don't know why I like it as much as I do.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wndola1
Ex-Female Fury

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wndola1   Author's Homepage   Email wndola1         Edit/Delete Post     
Reasons to like projectra

1. She has a lot of mystery around her. It is exciting to see what she'll do next.

2. Secret Romance. She has a secret Romance with Brin that has a bunch of history that we just don't know. Also intriguing

3. She went from having relatively no use and basically just funding the legion to being the most powerful magic user in possibly the galaxy in a matter of a few panels. Even she doesn't know what her powers are?

4. She's willing to go to great lengths to get her man back and that is admirable

5. You just dig girls with white hair?

[ November 16, 2006, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: wndola1 ]

--------------------
http://twitter.com/wndola
http://www.diversionarium.com
http://wndola.livejournal.com

From: New England | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wndola1
Ex-Female Fury

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wndola1   Author's Homepage   Email wndola1         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh and here are all my faves...
I can explain why on all of them, but maybe that's just my Brainiac 5 side kicking in.

Oracle
Brainiac 5
Scott and Barda Free
Metamorpho
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch

--------------------
http://twitter.com/wndola
http://www.diversionarium.com
http://wndola.livejournal.com

From: New England | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know why I love Adventure-era Sun Boy, but I do. Same goes for Shadow Lass (all eras)!

(My 5 faves though, I know exactly why: Cos, Tinya, Val, Jo, Wildfire).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Projectra and Sensor are favorites. I remember my first view of Projectra was in the Earth War conclusion when all of the Legion are firing their powers at Mordru. Jeckie is projecting a wolf's head and I thought "why not a coffin of earth?"

Other no reason for favorites:

Monstress
Red Tornado
Raven

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker Lass
Current status: borderline narcoleptic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lurker Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Lurker Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, okay, I do actually have no clue why I like Timber Wolf. His character (tough feral loner, etc.) is one I don't typically like, I think his name is really stupid (I swear, in the 31st century, wolves are probably extinct!), and I've never liked any of his costumes. Well, that might be an exaggeration - v4 post-ZH I liked, but he seemed to be imitating Wolverine more than usual (I know he came first, but he didn't have a healing factor before), and I have a weak spot for biker jackets.

It's a mystery! He does seem to be a bit of a fan favourite, though.

--------------------
{This has been a Lurker Lass sighting}

From: Somewhere in the Multi-verse | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Slapstick
Sleepwalker
Heckler
Major Bummer
Young Heroes in Love...
Legion Related? Devlin Oryan - who knows why.

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Chemical King

Stupid name, Silly (and boring) costume, incomprehensible power that virtually no Legion scribe was able to write, and was way too much like Element Lad's, anyway.

I'm not gay either, so that's not it.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Both Sun Boy and Polar Boy were my two all-time favorite Legionnaires and I don't know why.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
From the Legionverse,

Laurel Kent
Lamprey
Nightwind

I've always been a huge fan of 'Lower Decks' sort of characters, and the Subs ironically never felt 'fringe' enough for me.

Laurel's my number one tho. I love her. Even the stupid super-poncho.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.